Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Top 10 Douchemobiles

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-10, 09:33 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Sometimes you have to put a few years behind you, in the job market (and get a few promotions), before you can AFFORD a new Corvette or Porsche. Not everybody is born with a silver spoon in their mouth....or starts out with a high-paying job.
Agreed, a good education and training combined with years of hard work is the typical path to the higher paying jobs.

btw, this thread reminds me of a Massengill commercial or something.
Old 04-15-10, 09:50 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Sometimes you have to put a few years behind you, in the job market (and get a few promotions), before you can AFFORD a new Corvette or Porsche. Not everybody is born with a silver spoon in their mouth....or starts out with a high-paying job.
Oh don't get me wrong.
Our family started out with a 79 chevette bucket and we upgraded to our lovely buick

I never knew the stereotype for the old corvette was what I mentioned above
Old 04-15-10, 12:16 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Agreed, a good education and training combined with years of hard work is the typical path to the higher paying jobs.

btw, this thread reminds me of a Massengill commercial or something.
All douchemobiles ARE summer fresh...

BOT... wouldn't just about ANY car over $50K, 300+ hp or pre-requisite mullet hairstyle qualify... really... if all you really need is something to go from Point A to Point B...
Old 04-15-10, 01:31 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by meowCat
Guys, I never found Civic drivers considered douch or super aggressive... I find them cool. BMW drivers are also cool and passionate. They drive fast with passion which is a very good thing.... I strongly encourage it. It's the muscle cars with big engines with young drivers are the major problems... Insurance rate need to go up sky high, just for driving a V8 Mustang for example... unless the driver is in the 50's or 60's or 70's....
I have to respectively disagree about the BMW's, based on demographics. I know this is subjective, but I think depending on demographics such as location, environment, income etc.. each of us are going to experience way different driver interaction. That said, I live in a ritzy area, where most people are privileged. The majority of cars in the area are Teir 1 brands, but it's common to see exotics day to day such as Ferrari's, Lambo's, AM's, Maserati, Porsche etc..., but it's the BMW drivers here basically think they are king of the road. A**hole drivers.. The worst are the HS students. Parents buy them Bimmer's, MBZ, EVO's, even a Z06. One even ran a Toyota Sequoia through a brick mail box, totaled the car with my sister in it, and then the parents turn around and buy him a Bimmer. Talk about ridiculous. We do get problems with Mustang V6 and V8 owners too.

One of the first days I owned my IS, I pulled up to a stop light where a black 330i with no plates was stopped. Some teen, who rolled down their window, looked my car up and down and said "sweet ride, too bad it can't beat a BMW." Suffice to say it ended something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv4HK...os=z_pfGe7rKwE (terrible quality)

It's a shame since it's such a nice environment, but the demeanor is very poor.

On a side note, the Infiniti G coupes and sedans around here are actually really cool.

I know I'm stereotyping a lot, but it's just an observation. Regardless, I'm with you on the insurance rates... crazy

I'll stop ranting now. It's not the cars it's the drivers. I hate them so much lol
Old 04-15-10, 02:58 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sort of understand the H1 being a douche mobile because of the bad mpg on it, but that baby so sweet. Damn them for discontinuing it!
Old 04-16-10, 07:26 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd say statistically, in my condo parking garage, the #1 represented automaker is BMW. This condo has become rather expensive to buy into... BMW is definitely holding on tight in this city as the "look at me I want you to know I have money" douchmobile.

Yeah I drive a late model Lexus now, but I hope that my car doesn't give off the same douchbaggery vibes as the dozens of nearly identical looking models of BMWs in the garage. So far, I'm the only GS owner in the building. There is one ES owner, and a few various RX owners. A number of IS' are always parked in the "public level". IS250 is probably the most common Lexus on the roads in Toronto, with RX coming in second, ES third, and GS and all other Lexus being much more uncommon.

As a side note I don't mean to hate really. My parking spot neighbor has not one but two BMWs, a winter and a summer one. I've talked to him a few times and he's not a douche, he just really likes BMWs. Also to be fair his summer one is an older M5, and BMW or not, the Ms can have my respect.