Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cayenne Turbo, Range Rover SC, or BMW M5?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-10, 02:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by JVT
It does sound like a bargain Romini, but keep in mind bro thats a 2 yr. old SUV going on 3 years in couple of mos. Plus the mileage is not low (at that price).

Thanks man! I'm going to swing by the dealership tomorrow and take a look.
By any chance, do you know if the price on new S or GTS?
as Cj mentioned, with the new cayenne coming soon, i think the previous generation one will take another noticeable price dump in another 2-3 months. dunno if that will affect your purchase now
Old 04-22-10, 02:12 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like the redesigned 2011 Cayenne much more compared to the old model
anyway, in case you haven't seen this, more pics of the 2011 Cayenne S and Turbo below
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...w-cayenne.html
Old 04-23-10, 11:44 AM
JVT
Lead Lap

I visited a local Porsche dealer. DAMN!!! I'm in love, but not with a Cayennes. They have a 2010 GT2 sitting in the showroom (SOLD!). The GT2 is fcken sick!! It is street/track ready. I will not disclosed the asking price, lets just say you can have two IS-F and an IS250 in your garage for the price of one GT2.

Anyway, back to the real world - a SUV most of us can actually afford. CJ was right, they do not have the new design models yet, available in June/July time frame. Also, Porsche will not be producing any GTS models. They are only expecting the Cayenne, S, Turbo, and Hybrid models in 2010 and 2011. And the Cayenne Turbo is a special order only - 6-8 mos. wait.

EDIT - As far as price, sales guy doesn't know yet until it reaches their showroom floor. Sounds like they plan to do some markups -as always.
Old 04-23-10, 12:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by JVT
I visited a local Porsche dealer. DAMN!!! I'm in love, but not with a Cayennes. They have a 2010 GT2 sitting in the showroom (SOLD!). The GT2 is fcken sick!! It is street/track ready. I will not disclosed the asking price, lets just say you can have two IS-F and an IS250 in your garage for the price of one GT2.

Anyway, back to the real world - a SUV most of us can actually afford. CJ was right, they do not have the new design models yet, available in June/July time frame. Also, Porsche will not be producing any GTS models. They are only expecting the Cayenne, S, Turbo, and Hybrid models in 2010 and 2011. And the Cayenne Turbo is a special order only - 6-8 mos. wait.

EDIT - As far as price, sales guy doesn't know yet until it reaches their showroom floor. Sounds like they plan to do some markups -as always.
wow 6-8 months for the turbo?! damn that's crazy, didn't know it's in such demand? no gts huh, i really wonder how much it's going to be. maybe you can make this mother's day gift a little late. no matter if you get the new cayenne or a used one, another 2 months wait will makes a lot more sense finance wise imho

we still need people to come in and talk about reliability!!!!!

ps. yes, gt2, what a car!!!!
Old 04-23-10, 12:19 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
wow 6-8 months for the turbo?! damn that's crazy, didn't know it's in such demand? no gts huh, i really wonder how much it's going to be. maybe you can make this mother's day gift a little late. no matter if you get the new cayenne or a used one, another 2 months wait will makes a lot more sense finance wise imho

we still need people to come in and talk about reliability!!!!!

ps. yes, gt2, what a car!!!!
It's actually the opposite. The Turbos are not in demand, reason for the long wait. They will have to special order to your specs. (2011 model) At this time, no GTS available with the new design. He said the new S will have similar options as the GTS.

I think you're right...I'll wait a little longer to make sure I get the perfect vehicle for my wife. Plus I want to test drive the new design Cayenne.

Oh...aside from the GT2, they had the Panamara (sorry if I spelled wrong), that thing is ugly, and it's a freakn tank - a size of a stretch limo.

EDIT: I don't think we will get a lot of feedbacks with realibility/maintenance - We are in a Lexus forum. LOL

Last edited by JVT; 04-23-10 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-23-10, 01:21 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JVT

June/July? That's later than I was anticipating, but maybe it'll be worth the wait for you and your wife?

Anyway the next gen S model will have as much power as the current GTS, so maybe that's what the salesmen was referring to. But on the other hand if you think about it, if you get a used GTS, you'll be getting a one of a kind car

If you go the new route, ask the salesmen if you can reserve one. That might save you from markups, but don't expect him to budge much from the MSRP during negotiations...
Old 04-23-10, 01:32 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by (Cj)
June/July? That's later than I was anticipating, but maybe it'll be worth the wait for you and your wife?

Anyway the next gen S model will have as much power as the current GTS, so maybe that's what the salesmen was referring to. But on the other hand if you think about it, if you get a used GTS, you'll be getting a one of a kind car

If you go the new route, ask the salesmen if you can reserve one. That might save you from markups, but don't expect him to budge much from the MSRP during negotiations...
I think it will be worth the wait. He gave me the brochure, it looks really sweet.
And I asked if they had any preowned GTS, he said GOOD LUCK!!! No dealership in Nor Cal has GTS on their lots right now. It's like finding a needle in a haystack. They get more people trading in their GT3s than their GTS.

They want $1500 to hold a Cayenne...fully refundable of course. I said I'll just wait. And it didn't sound like they have room to negotiate with the new Cayenne's.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks!
Old 04-23-10, 01:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yeah, give it another month or two, try the new cayenne and see how you (your wife) like it. if good, then you can get new one. otherwise, by then the old one will take another price dump, and that's in your favor too

man, the gts is that rare??? that sux, i love how that car looks!!

and yes, the panemara, i can't get myself to like one bit of it at all
Old 04-23-10, 02:58 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JVT
Thanks for posting. I'm new to the Porsche SUV world as well and I like to read some feedbacks with reliability and maintenance on Cayenne models as well.

EDIT: As far as pricing...I did look at some Turbos. 2006-2007 models run between 50-60k. 2008-2009 Turbos run between 60-75k. As for the GTS, 2008-2010 model selling between 60k - 80k. And IMO, the GTS looks more sporty/aggressive than the turbo.
Originally Posted by rominl
08 for 60, that's not too bad at all!!!!

yup, any porsche reliability info would be great!
ANY Cayenne model over 2007 has stellar reliability and high service reports... did MUCH research on this...

Sat in the Panamera turbo earlier this week, not for me... Porsche rankings for me as of now (all 2011):
Cayman S
Cayenne Turbo or Hybrid S (only cuz I haven't driven)
911 C4S
Panamera

Last edited by rdgdawg; 04-23-10 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-23-10, 07:15 PM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

I personally would get the RR (duh), but my wife wants a Cayenne (hybrid when available), but the Turbo would make both her and I happy.

I think its styling is amazing and it is very sheek. Coming from an X5 4.6is (I had one, loved it to death), you need something that is an upgrade and the Porsche Cayenne Turbo is it.