Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Review: 2010 Toyota Highlander

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-10, 08:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Review: 2010 Toyota Highlander

By CL member request, a Review of the of the 2010 Toyota Highlander.

http://www.toyota.com/highlander/

In a Nutshell: Versatile, a silky-smooth driverain, and well-designed controls, but don't push it around curves.

(NAV screen shown)

In response to my last review of the Honda Pilot, I got a CL-member-request for a new Highlander review, so, with my other review requests on hold from lack of availability (yet) in the American market, it was off to get that done today. I did a top-line Highlander Limited a few years ago, but it has been redesigned since then (mostly on the interior/dash), and I felt that the former review would no longer be applicable.

Toyota's (currently) unfavorable publicity, of course, is creating, to some extent, a buyers' market for its new vehicles; perhaps more so now than at any time in my memory. The mass media has created a situation where many potential Toyota shoppers just aren't going into showrooms right now (Never underestimate the power of a reporter with a mike or TV camera), in addition, of course, to a car industry already depressed from two years of recession. So, of course, those who do go to a Toyota shop are not only treated quite courteously, but, in many cases, may find eager salespeople/managers trying to make deals good enough to keep those shoppers away from the competition. That's a far cry, of course, from the import-restriction times from the 1980's, when Toyota and Honda shops were essentially rude salespeople with dealer-dictated, take-it-or-leave-it prices.

So, in some ways, it may not a bad idea to be out car-shopping in 2010....but that still does not necessarily mean that a new Highlander will necessarily come cheap (I'll get into the new models and pricing in a minute). Good deals don't always mean bandit prices if you are dealing with expensive vehicles to start with.

The Highlander, like the Toyota Avalon, Toyota Solara, Toyota Sienna, Lexus RX, and Lexus ES, was originally developed from the ubiquitous Toyota Camry platform, in response not only because of the hugely successful Lexus RX, but as a lower-cost, more boxy/space-efficient alternative to the LX. In that way, it mimics the Honda Pilot, which itself is done on the Honda Accord/Odyssey and Acura MDX platforms. The Pilot was developed in the same way....as a lower-cost, more space/efficient alternative to the sleeker Acura MDX. And, of course, mid-sized SUVs have become some of the most popular new vehicles for families, and even for single people. Both the Pilot and Highlander compete against a whole class of mid-sized, both car-based and truck-based SUVs from Hyundai/Kia, Nissan, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Ford/Mercury, Dodge, Chevy, Jeep, Suzuki, and, of course, the Saturn, Saab, and Pontiac SUVs now going out of buisness.

For 2010, the Highlander, in the American market, comes in a number of models and trim levels. The base Highlander, starting around 28K, has a 2.7L, 187 HP four with 186 ft-lbs. of torque and a 6-speed automatic transmission. Highlander Sport and Limited Models get the 3.5L V6 and (oddly) a 5-speed automatic with Sport-shift instead of the 6-speed in the base model (I guess it makes sense, though, when you consider that the 4 has less torque and needs the extra gear more). The 5-speed also comes with a Snow-Mode, for winter, that the base 6-speed lacks. The 5-speed is an option in the base model. No manual transmissions are offered. Base models get 17" wheels; Sport and Limited models the 19". Sport models, of course, have a different suspension. Two Hybrid models are also offered ....the Hybrid and Hybrid Limited. Both come with a gas-powered 3.3L V6 with 208 HP and 212 ft-lbs. of torque, a 167 HP AC elecric motor on the front wheels, and a 68 HP AC electric motor on the rear wheels. Both also come with a Nickel-Metal Hydride battery pack (I guess Toyota hasn't perfected the more advanced lithium-ion packs yet that GM will use in the upcoming Chevy Volt), and a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) with ECON mode. Base Hybrids get 17" wheels; Nybrid Limited models, 19". The front/rear location of the dual electric motors mean, of course, that all Hybrid models are AWD-capable. Hybrid models, of course, can get pricey. I saw some this morning that approached 50K with options....you pay for that technology. Seating capacity, among the various Highlander models, varies from 5, 6, or 7, depending on the model/options chosen (That is complex, and I won't go into the details here)

The specific Highlander request was for a conventional, gas-powered, Limited, V6, so that was the model I chose for the review. It started at $34,670 and, with options (and without NAV), listed for $38,234...that included a $1000 factory-promotion discount on the specific Extra-Value package on my vehicle (there are actually several different Extra-Value packages). I found it a competent, well-built, all-around vehicle (and, no, the gas-pedal DIDN'T stick during the test-drive). And it is a distinctly non-sporting vehicle........I do mean NON-sporting. Details coming up.

Model Reviewed: 2010 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD V6

Base Price: $34,670

Options:

Extra Value Package: $2625 (-$1000 Extra Value Package Package Discount)

Rear Spoiler: $200

Towing Prep Package: $220

Mud Guards: $99

Roof Cross Bars: $229

Wheel Locks: $81

Destination/Freight: $800

List Price as Reviewed: $38,324

Drivetrain: AWD, Transverse-mounted, DOHC VVT-i 3.5L V6, 270 HP @ 6200 RPM, Torque 248 Ft-lbs. @ 4700 RPM, 6-speed automatic with Manual Sport-shift.

EPA Mileage Rating: (AWD) 17 City, 23 Highway

Exterior Color: Magnetic Gray Metallic

Interior: Light Gray (Ash) Leather.

PLUSSES:

Silky-smooth V6.

Silky-smooth transmission.

Good wind-noise control.

Well-done brakes (by SUV standards) and brake pedal.

Solid, sturdy body sheet metal.

Solid-closing doors.

Well-done exterior trim/hardware (except for mirrors).

Typical well-done Toyota paint job.

Dull but decent paint color choice.

Generally good underhood layout.

Roomy, space-efficient interior.

Numerous interior cupholders/compartments/cubbyholes.

Good front/rear headroom.

Good front/rear legroom.

Three interior cloth/leather colors (availavble only on some versions).

Clear, easy-to-read gauges.

Superbly-done, easy-to-use interior buttons/*****.

Effective climate control.

Even NON-Nav Limited models include a back-up TV camera.

Easy-to-fold second/third-row seats.

Nice-looking (IMO) but heavily plasticized chrome/wood interior trim.

Nice, but not killer, stereo-sound quality.

Fairly well-finished cargo area.

Dual-function glass/hatchback-lid.

Real spare tire, not a temporary.

Unfavorable publicity at present means that Toyota dealers are eager to sell....deals available.

MINUSES:

Hybrid models are very pricey.

4-cylinder models may (?) be underpowered.

Annoying transmission shifter zig-zag.

Roly-Poly handling.

Very slow steering response.

Numb steering feel.

Some road noise from the rear tires.

Cheap prop-rod for the hood.

Large plastic engine-cover blocks some access.

Rear wiper-arm does not pivot enough for easy blade-change.

Flimsy-feeling side-mirrors a letdown from past Highlanders.

Spare tire is hard to reach, under rear bumper.

No lower-body cladding for paint protection.

No body-side trim-moldings for parking-lot protection.

Splash guards are extra-cost even on Limited model.

Interior trim looks better than it feels.

Questionable resale value if Toyota PR problems continue.

EXTERIOR:

As you first walk up to it, the new Highlander is still easily recognizable, on the outside, as one. The exterior does have some small tweaks to it, but is not that much different from past models (most of the changes have been inside, on the dash/interior trim). It still has the nice, space-efficient, boxy design that, like the Honda Pilot, gives good room inside, though the roofline seems slightly lower than the Pilot's. The nice Toyota paint job is still there (Toyota/Lexus paint jobs are almost always far better than average), and the Magnetic Gray Metallic on my test car had only the tiniest hint of any orange-peel. The paint-color choice of 9 colors was a little more dull than I'd care for, but there were several acceptable shades I could live with. Unfortunately, as with some other vehicles, some colors were restricted to, or not available, on certain models. There were no body-side moldings to ward off parking-lot dings (the Honda Pilot does have moldings). Nor was there black or gray cladding on the lower-body to keep salt, sand, gravel, road debris, etc....from damaging the paint.....the paint went all the way down to the bottom of the rocker-panels. Plastic Mud/Splash guards are available from the factory (as on my test car) for $99..........IMO, they should be standard on all SUVs. The sheet metal, hood, doors, and hatchback-lid all seemed solid, heavy, and of good quality. The doors closed with a solid-sounding "Thunk", especailly with the windows down.....Toyota has been recently criticized for some sheet-metal tinniness, and seems to be trying to address it. The chrome trim/hardware all seemed well-done, except for the twin outside mirrors, where the former solidness has been replaced by thin, cheap-feeling mirror housings similiar to those on American-designed vehicles. The mirrors are still smooth and easy to swivel/lock, however. The roof racks, on the Limited model, are painted silver to give then a contrast from most of the paint colors. But the optional ($229) center-bars between them felt weak and plasticky. I'm not listing that as a complaint, though, because my guess is the bars are actually strong steel or aluminium underneath, and have the weak painted-plastic cover over them only for looks. The body-style window arrangement, despite the large heavy D-pillars in back (probably there for roof-crush standards), gives good vision out the rear.

UNDERHOOD:

Open the solid hood, and, while heavy and strong, its weight hits you as you have to fumble with it in one hand and (Give me a break) a cheap prop-rod in the other. Cost-cutting in these tough times is one thing, but this vehicle, in top-line Hybrid versions, can list for almost 50K (where's that reporter, again, with the mike?). A proper (and nice, thick) underhood insulation pad, however, is provided. I didn't have many other complaints, though, under the hood. The ubiquitous Toyota/Lexus 3.5L V6, transversely-mounted, fits in pretty well, though the large, silver-painted plastic engine cover robs a bit of top-access to the engine. Still, there is some room around the block to reach things, and Toyota, wisely IMO, left the battery and some of the other components, to the right of the engine, uncovered and easy to reach. The dipsticks, filler caps, and reservoirs were also generally easy to access. I didn't look at the Hybrid's underhood closely, but my guess is that, with the forward electric motor up there with the gas engine, it might be a little tighter. The Hybrid's compact CVT transmsision, though, probably saves some space and (might?) make up for it.

INTERIOR:

The interior is generally a pleasant-looking place, although the widespread plastic trim on the dash and door panels looks better than it actually feels. Toyota, somewhat like GM did with the Buick Enclave SUV, has cleverly used rich-looking chrome and fake-wood patterns/colors, on the top layer of plastic, to give the Limited's interior a rich, plush look while using cheap materials. It generally works for the eyes, but not necessarily for the hands.....most of the plastic trim and surfaces has a hard, unyielding feel, but there's no denying that, at least IMO, it looks good. The interior is also a mixture of good and not-so-good in other places, too. The seat leather is not particularly smooth or plush, but seems to be of good quality. The front seats are fairly comfortable and have power-adjustments for virtually every function, but have almost no side-support at all....but not much support is needed, as this is no sport machine...more on that later. The square, conservative roofline means generally good headroom both front and rear, even with the sunroof housing. Legroom is also good in both front and rear. The optional third-row seat (standard on the Limited), of course, did not have the same room that the first and second-row seats did, but was still OK for kids and small adults. Folding the second-row seats for cargo-room or third-seat access was relatively simple, with well-designed levers/hinges. The second-row seat has a split-40/20/40 feature (standard on the Limited), and the third-row seat is not split. All fold flat, of course, to increase cargo area....I'll describe the 3rd-seat folding in the next section.

The headliner and sun visors seem to be done with decently pleasant materials. The primary gauges are superbly simple and easy-to-read. The controls are excellently-done, too, with BIG, round, easy-to-use climate-control and radio ***** and clear, simply-marked buttons (BMW, Audi, Mercedes.....are you listening?) The digital stereo and automatic-climate-control readouts are in a small window higher up on the dash (my test car, of course, was non-NAV), but still not difficult to decipher. The stereo was a pretty good one for sound quality, but not quite the killer ones found in its sister Lexus RX. Most of the interior hardware was pretty well-done, especially compared to some other recent Toyota trucks/SUVs. I especially liked the look of the chrome trim rings and the wood-tone trim (despite the fact that was hard plastic)...the designers, IMO, used some nice patterns on the console, gauge pods, and door-pulls. The climate control had the typical Toyota Arctic-grade air conditioning for a rapid cool-down. A nice rear-view TV camera was included for backing up, even though the car didn't have NAV...usually the two go hand-in-hand. The steering wheel, with a leather-wrapping, was well-designed and pleasant to hold, but, unlike its sister Lexus RX350, had manual tilt/telescoping features instead of power.

Of course, this was the top-level, Limited interior. The base and Sport versions lacked the warm, good-looking wood-tone trim, substituting silver-metallic plastic trim instead. But still, all in all, Toyota did a relatively nice job of providing a reasonably classy interior while cost-cuttting, which is not
always easy to do.

CARGO AREA/TRUNK:

The solid, sturdy, well-done hatch-liftgate has a built-in dual function that is also shared by some other SUVs; the upper-part, with the glass, can be raised/lowered independently, by hand, to load and unload smaller objects. The Limited model, of course, comes with power-operation of the hatch lid itself......so make sure your head is out of the way when you use it. Inside, the cargo area itself is reasonably well-trimmed with a light, ash-Gray shade of thin but nice carpeting that matches the rest of the interior. Built-in, remote levers (both of them on the left trunk-wall) allow easy, convienent folding of the split-second-row seat, while the third-row seat (lacking a split) unlatches right in front of you, with the latch built into the back. While the seats are up, the pull-shade cover that protects cargo from prying eyes stores below the trunk floor, in a separate compartment. The cargo area itself, thanks to the squared-off roofline, is efficiently-shaped and can hold a fair amount of cargo, especially with the seats down. A real spare tire (not a temporary) is provided, but, like on the Honda Pilot, it is mounted outside, under the rear bumper, where it will take some effort and contorting to get
at it.

ON THE ROAD:

Start up the ubiquitous Toyota/Lexus 3.5L V6 with a proximity transponder "key" and a START/STOP button (I'm beginning to like those start buttons more and more each time I try one, but I haven't figured out how the ON/ACCESSORY functions like with a traditional key). The V6 idles with the usual tomb-quietness and refinement it is known for, and delivers the silky-smooth power it is also known for. However, I use the term "Power", here, with a couple of grains of salt, because, while the 270 HP and 248 ft-lbs. of torque power look good on paper, this, like the Honda Pilot, is a heavy, rougly 4000-lb. vehicle, and the engine has its work cut out for it getting things rolling. There's enough power with the V6 for most daily driving, especially with lighter loads, but I can see why Toyota only offers the four-cylinder on the lighter base models, and then with two-wheel drive only. I don't think the four could hack it on the AWD Sport and Limited models, even with the extra 6th gear and closer-spacing in the transmission that comes with it. But in most driving situations the V6 does fine, though with not a lot of power to spare. Its silky-smooth refinement is broken only by some exhaust noise that rises with acceleration....the exhaust noise, BTW, isn't particularly loud, but is definitely louder and more noticeable than in the sister Lexus RX350's tomb-quietness.

The transmission, however, is Lexus-smooth and quiet. The 5-speed automatic in my test car was even silkier than the engine. I liked the wood-tone shifter's looks, but not the annoying zig-zag shift pattern that some automakers still stubbornly cling to. There was a manual Sport-shift gate, but no shift-paddles on the column. Also included was a push-button Snow Mode for winter that reduced wheel-spin by limiting engine torque to the wheels....but a properly-designed AWD, of course, will minimize or negate the need for a Snow Mode. The four-cylinder, as noted earlier, gets a more-flexible 6-speed, but I still think the V6/5-speed is probably the better combination, especially for the heavier models....the four's 6-speed comes only with 2WD, and does not have the Snow Mode to make up for the lack of AWD.

The Highlander is clearly designed for sedate driving. Throw it around a sharp curve at any significant speed at all, and you will get not only classic understeer and copious amounts of Roly-Poly body lean, but may (?) even draw squeal-protests from the front tires. The steering response is about one notch away from a Cunard steamship, and the electric power-steering unit has about the same amount of road feel as the novocaine my dentist uses at filling time. The body lean and slow response is not to the point where it is a safety concern (I didn't press it, hard enough, on dry pavement, to activate the stability-control). But, if you need to make a quick, sharp manuver to avoid something at the last second, you're simply not going to get much response......so drive accordingly. It is clear that, if a sporting (or even moderately sporting) SUV, along the lines of a BMW X3/5 or Acura RDX, is what you want, then the Highlander is not for you........look elsewhere. To be fair, though, I didn't try the Sport model with the sport-tuned suspension (I'm not sure the dealer had any in stock), but the Sport model comes with the same elecric-power-steering and 19" wheels/tires that the Limited does, so I wouldn't expect there to be a lot of difference.

But, driven as it was designed to (and probably will be by most owners), the Highlander is a pretty nice highway vehicle. It tracks well, rides fairly comfortably (though some bumps can be felt), and would be a good winter vehicle for a family to take an all-day cruise in. Wind noise is low and well-controlled, but there is a small but noticeable amount of road noise from the 19" tires (a different tread-pattern might help that). It's not quite as library-quiet as its sister Lexus Rx350, but is noticeably more quiet than some of its competition. Brakes are generally well-done; better than on some other Toyota SUV's I've tried. Pedal response is fairly good, smooth, and even. Pedal effort is OK...not spongy or too loose, but not BMW or Audi-firm either. There was little pedal sponginess, and pedal-spacing was also good.....my big size-15 clown-shoes could go from the gas pedal to brake fairly easily, without hanging up on the underside of the brake pedal, as sometimes happens.

THE VERDICT:

The 2010 Highlander, in most ways, is not markedly different from past versions. Its interior/trim, this year, to me, looks better than some other recent years, but it is still done with cheapish materials. It still has a typical-Toyota silky-smooth engine/transmission, but the chassis is clearly not for Formula-1 wanna-bes. The rival Honda Pilot has slightly better handling/road manners (not a great deal), but trails the Highlander slightly in powertrain refinement, despite combining a V6 with a full 6-speed. Both, IMO, are highly worth considering if you want a traditional, mid-sized car-based SUV with good reliability (Like the Pilot, the Highlander has consistantly maintained a Consumer Reports' Much-Better-Than-Average reliability rating, even in the face of the dropping quality of some other Toyotas).

But, IMO, despite the advanced technology and flawless drivetrain performance of the Highlander Hybrids, I'm not sure that they are worth what they cost. Loaded Hybrid Limited models can cost upwards of 50K...for that price, you can get some darn nice Lexus SUVs. You do get, in some instances, tax-credits and HOV-priviledges with hybrids that you don't with conventional vehicles, but even with the hybrid's superior gas mileage, you usually have to buy a LOT of gas to even begin to recover the difference in cost between the two. Before I myself spent 45-50K on a Highlander Hybrid, I'd consider several other vehicles first.

And, as always............Happy Car Shopping.

MM

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-23-10 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-22-10, 09:02 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

you must really hate the transmission zig zag shifter to have mentioned it twice

great review. I wonder why this gets a real spare while the RX is only available with a temp?
Old 04-22-10, 09:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RXSF
great review.
Thanks.

you must really hate the transmission zig zag shifter to have mentioned it twice
Twice? I dislike it (and have said so) in any vehicle I drive that has one. That is one of my traditional pet-peeves.......every driver has some.

I wonder why this gets a real spare while the RX is only available with a temp?
If my memory is correct, the RX's temporary spare is located inside, under the trunk floor, there it (probably) has to be more compact. In the Pilot and Highlander, it is mounted outside, under the rear bumper, where there's more room for a bigger, full-size one.
Old 04-22-10, 09:42 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

yep, you listed it twice in the Minuses section

The RX does have it in the trunk floor. In other countries the RX gets a full size spare even in the trunk, but the whole floor floor is raised to fit it. Its just weird that didnt put it on the car
Old 04-22-10, 09:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RXSF
yep, you listed it twice in the Minuses section
OK, thanks.....I follow you now. I edited that.

The RX does have it in the trunk floor. In other countries the RX gets a full size spare even in the trunk, but the whole floor floor is raised to fit it. Its just weird that didnt put it on the car
A real spare tire might (?) be a legal requirement in some other countries....that, I don't know. It's not legally required in the American market, and some vehicles, of course, take advantage of that in cost-cutting. Temporary/donut spares can be produced and installed cheaper than real spares, because they are not built to the same standards, or with the same-quality materials. That's one reason why they typically have a 50 MPH speed limit, for only 50 miles or so.
Old 04-22-10, 10:26 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice review, thanks for posting. Just to mention, although commonly used by press and publicity as the 'Camry platform', internally it's previously been the MC platform and currently the K platform, according to some auto tech articles.
Old 04-22-10, 11:57 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

As with other Toyota/Lexus vehicles (and some Honda/Acura) with the rear wiper, you can pop off the plastic piece at the base and that allows for the arm to swing out pretty normally for wiper replacement.
Old 04-23-10, 01:52 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i drove a loaded to the chin FWD Limited model with navigation and everything.

It was a very, very refined vehicle.
Old 04-23-10, 03:12 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

I have to ask...

2010 Highlander Limited: $41,236
2010 Highlander Limited

or this:

2010 Lexus RX350 Premium (no Navi)-$41,156
2010 RX350 Premium

It seems toyota is more and more approaching the point where it is >/=to lexus in terms of price, but not=lexus in terms of quality, or brand prestige.

Seems to make parts of either the toyota OR lexus lineup, redundant. If you can get a Premium RX350 for $100ish CHEAPER than a highlander, then why wouldnt you?

just sayin'

Good review though, as usual Mike. Any reviews you can crank out, especially with my wife and I in the car-buying market right now, are well appreciated.
Old 04-23-10, 04:39 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

2 questions, as a potential purchaser:

1. Are the 3rd row seats split or not. You mentioned a 50/50 split, but then said they weren't. I know they weren't in the past, and that has prevented the Highlander from being my top choice.

2. How would you rank the Highlander vs. the Pilot, CX9 and Veracruz?

Thanks!
Old 04-23-10, 05:01 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice review,Mike.
My daughter has a '10 loaded limited Highlander.
I agree with much of your review.I'm impressed with the ride quality and no rattles.
My daughter commute 110 miles a day and at 7K,not one issue.Not even the recall as her unit was made in Japan.
I find the wood accent cheap looking.The hybrid version wood looks much better.

OC,my daughter had an '09 RX before the Highlander and found it to be much smaller.
The Highlander is much bigger inside and has a third seat.She paid $38K and has every option.About $5K cheaper than the RX comparably equipped.
Old 04-23-10, 05:35 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that the Highlander hybrid still utilizes the 3.3L V6, which is why its mileage ratings are less than stellar by today's standards. I wonder what Toyota will do. Will they put the identical powertrain from the RXh into the Highlander? Personally, I don't think it is worth the cost. A smaller engine, with less power would make more sense for this application. Whatever the case the 3.3L is certainly long in the tooth. However, I do see High Hy's all over the place so they must sell even at a $34k base price.
Old 04-23-10, 06:20 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by encore888
Nice review, thanks for posting.
Sure. Anytime.

Just to mention, although commonly used by press and publicity as the 'Camry platform', internally it's previously been the MC platform and currently the K platform, according to some auto tech articles.
Yes, the so-called Camry "platform", being Toyota's main, bread-and-butter base for passenger-car and car-based SUV design, has been modified and stretched in a number of ways. As you note, it's been labelled a number of things...but it's still one of the company's most important basic platforms.
Old 04-23-10, 06:22 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pbm317
As with other Toyota/Lexus vehicles (and some Honda/Acura) with the rear wiper, you can pop off the plastic piece at the base and that allows for the arm to swing out pretty normally for wiper replacement.
OK, thanks.......not all wiper arms of this type can do that. Even some technicians, who replace blades every day, sometimes complain about that.
Old 04-23-10, 06:25 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by whoster
i drove a loaded to the chin FWD Limited model with navigation and everything.

It was a very, very refined vehicle.
Agreed in most areas, although, in my experience, for the price (almost 40K), they could have put a little more insulation into the rear wheel wells like the Lexus RX350 does.

Quick Reply: Review: 2010 Toyota Highlander