Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Audi Showroom pwn3d by BMW Billboard

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-10, 05:20 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
I'm sorry but that's just too douchebaggery for me. Let BMW attack whoever...just build a better a car instead of some stupid ad war. but oh wait, it's all about the image right? :facepalm:
It may be DB’ish to you but to me it seems like smart business in a highly competitive market.
Old 04-26-10, 05:41 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 230 Posts

I'm sorry but that's just too douchebaggery for me. Let BMW attack whoever...just build a better a car instead of some stupid ad war. but oh wait, it's all about the image right? :facepalm:
Did I miss the part where BMW started this whole ordeal? No, I believe "Your Move, BMW" was the opening gambit. Audi has a history of bolstering its advertising by ****ting on other brands (Lexus has been a recent victim as well). Good on BMW for fighting back, and this particular entry is a masterstroke.
Old 04-26-10, 07:16 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't care who started this. I'm just not a fan of attacking someone else product, especially since I think most of us know Audi and BMW make damn fine automobiles.

But to attack the competitor seems a bit too much to me.
Just my 2cents.
Old 04-26-10, 07:16 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the overall picture is a bit bigger than this (no pun). Advertising is exactly how the casual buying public receives information about the 'better' cars either brand builds. Going back and forth like this effectively draws attention to both brands -as it is now- which is a good thing.

Ironically, IMO this helps Audi, as constant mention and comparison helps to establish them on even grounds with the Bavarians. In this context, there is no bad press.
Old 04-26-10, 02:03 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that's more like bmw sitting on audi and taking a dump