Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2011 Jaguar XKR: Speed Pack and Black Pack!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-10, 10:36 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 2011 Jaguar XKR: Speed Pack and Black Pack!

Jag has/is really stepping up their game:

For 2011, the XKR Coupe showcases two new optional performance and styling packs—the Speed Pack and the Black Pack.

The XKR Coupe with new optional Speed Pack allows customers to further strengthen their XKR's impressive capabilities by extending the car's top speed from 155 mph to an electronically limited 174 mph, thanks to a unique engine and transmission recalibration. By increasing the XKR's maximum speed, the new car has extended its sporting credentials even further into supercar territory.

To ensure the XKR with Speed Pack remains stable at high speeds, the coupe uses a revised front aerodynamic splitter and larger rear spoiler to provide increased balance and a reduction in lift. The XKR's computerized Active Differential Control also adjusts to reduce steering sensitivity at very high speeds, further improving stability and driver control.

Every XKR with the Speed Pack will come with body-colored side sills and rear diffuser, and a chrome finish to the window surrounds, upper and lower mesh grilles, side vents, and boot lid. Red brake calipers with a Jaguar “R” logo sit inside 20-inch Kasuga alloy wheels.

Customers who order the XKR Coupe with the Speed Pack will be offered a paint palette that is part of the Jaguar Designers' Choice program—a range of colors that have been specifically chosen to compliment the performance potential of the car. Seven colors are available on Speed Pack models—Ultimate Black, Polaris White, Salsa Red, Liquid Silver, Lunar Grey, Kyanite Blue, and Spectrum Blue.

For customers looking to create a real statement with their Speed Pack XKR Coupe, the new optional Black Pack allows them to own a bold and purposeful Jaguar with undeniable visual impact thanks to menacing gloss black wheels and exterior detailing.

Available only with the Speed Pack, XKRs fitted with the Black Pack have a paint palette selected from colors that Jaguar's Design team believe to be ideal for creating a coupe with exclusivity. The Black Pack models will be available in Ultimate Black, Polaris White or Salsa Red and boast eye-catching 20-inch gloss-black Kalimnos alloy wheels. Gloss black is also applied to the window surrounds and front grilles. Red painted brake calipers contrast strongly with the black alloy wheels, while body colored front and rear spoilers and boot lid round out the package. Customers also have the option to apply a sweeping “XKR” side body graphic that runs along the door sills.

In addition to the Black Pack's exterior changes, the Jaguar Designers' Choice program has also selected a range of interior trims that support the visual impact of the car. All XKRs with the Black Pack will be trimmed with Charcoal leather hides that can be personalized with a range of color stitching and grain. Three interior finishes and veneers for the fascia and door trims are also available—Dark Oak, Dark Mesh Aluminum, and Piano Black.

To underline the XKR's sporting credentials, red brake calipers will be standard on all 2011 XKR Coupe and Convertible models.

A tire repair Instant Mobility System (IMS) becomes standard on all XK and XKR models. This frees up the spare tire’s wheel well, which is now carpeted and can hold a specially designed and tailored XK accessory suitcase, substantially increasing the versatility of the car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_cue...layer_embedded
Old 04-24-10, 10:39 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

damn, those pics are so good looking
Old 04-25-10, 12:23 AM
Oleg400
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

But they do look amazing.
Old 04-25-10, 03:39 AM
Chi-town
Pole Position

I want one, but for now pic #3 is my new screen saver!
Old 04-25-10, 06:18 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

The blue one is STUNNING.... in a perfect world, I'd like to drive this back-to-back with a Vantage
Old 04-25-10, 10:11 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

MOAR!!!

This shot is soooooo HOTT it gave me slight wood.

Old 04-25-10, 10:17 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

DAMN!

This has to be one of the sexiest and best looking Coupes on Earth...

Old 04-25-10, 11:03 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

That blue one is beautiful....love both of the colors really. Clean lines, clean looking car all around!
Old 04-25-10, 01:59 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

What a brilliant car!!
Old 04-25-10, 05:12 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Great pics...
Old 04-25-10, 06:06 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This IMO is one of the most underrated cars as its beauty and price in the past has been matched to unreliability and subclass performance...but reading about it makes me drool and i really hope Jag steps up their game!
Old 04-26-10, 08:19 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

I will admit, I wasn't sure what TATA would do with both Jag and Land Rover, but I have to say that I am impressed. I am also very impressed with this car. It is really bad a$$. Deserves a lot of attention.
Old 04-26-10, 11:52 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

The white looks amazing! I am not a huge Jaguar fan, but that is a mean looking car!
Old 04-26-10, 05:21 PM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

that white one is so nice!
Old 04-26-10, 07:01 PM
mousiee
Pole Position

WOW......Lovely!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2011 Jaguar XKR: Speed Pack and Black Pack!