Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Please assist with info on 2006 Range Rover HSE

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-10, 09:29 PM
LexFather

Thanks everyone and thanks Fay! Again, we are well aware the RR may have reliability issues and he is willing to overlook them to buy his wife he thinks she will love. His GS has been completely trouble free and he was sad to see it go.

We ran the numbers and with some 11th hour negotiating they agreed to terms. He surprised his wife with the bow and we spoke and she was stunned and loves it. They also have kids and the SUV is much needed now.

I will update in the future to see how the truck does in regards to reliability. The RX wasn't much in the running, he thought it was too small and the GX he really liked but he could not find a black interior.

Its simply a beautiful truck inside and out.

Old 04-27-10, 11:24 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
You're damn right! As Fay and a few others of us RR lovers have said in this thread and others. It is indeed a special vehicle which means different things to different people. We all wish they had Lexus reliability however they don't but they're still better than the rap that they have been given. The Current generation and more specifically '06 and up is miles ahead of the old P38 models. The costly and notorious Electronic Air Suspension (EAS) is no longer the fail that it once was. Gremlins still still exist, however most fault codes can be addressed and corrected as most most RR owners/enthusiasts can tell you.

The RR sport for those who may be interested have been updated with an improved interior for MY2010 which was originally based on the LR3 (Disco). Awful interior plagued that model though they sold like mad since it's debut. I guess everyone wanted a little taste of RR at any expense.

Congrats to your friend on their new truck. Make sure you have them join that great RR forum that a few of us here are members of. Quite insightful to say the least.

Thanks Fay for helping to keep the RR legacy alive here on CL.
Old 04-28-10, 12:43 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Faymester
Which Rover?
Sport S/C version. I think his co-worker had a similar dash and window regulator problem too with a LR2 or LR3, whatever the smaller one is. Powertrain was never an issue and I heard that the little one is also fairly decent off-road; surprisingly, the owner actually took it off-roading a few times.
Old 04-28-10, 06:21 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

It has certainly had enough practice. In 1970, the Range Rover was the first attempt at making a true luxury off-road capable SUV, with plush trim and a smooth ride. Up to then, most SUVs were about as stark as military vehicles....and some were, in fact, redone military vehicles.

Land Rovers have become fairly popular here in the D.C. area, despite the reputation for unreliability. They are now seen as one of the suburban status symbols.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-28-10 at 06:24 AM.
Old 04-28-10, 11:31 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
. They are now seen as one of the suburban status symbols.
Yup and I have no problem with that. Not every vehicle needs to be some MS excel spreadsheet exacto purchase. The internet seems to crap on the emotional value of vehicles sometimes, especially ones easy to pick on.

We talked extensively on what SHE would want as the vehicle is for her. She is a fantastic woman and wife and I fully endorsed his move. We both are Lexus owners and talked about quality but it didn't matter, the Lexus wasn't the emotional purchase, it was the logical one here. He also has the income to fix whatever breaks, so its no issue.

When the wife and I spoke she said "Mike I would have been happy with a Pilot" so its not like she demanded or even wanted anything extravagant.

Old 04-28-10, 12:08 PM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Yup and I have no problem with that. Not every vehicle needs to be some MS excel spreadsheet exacto purchase. The internet seems to crap on the emotional value of vehicles sometimes, especially ones easy to pick on.

We talked extensively on what SHE would want as the vehicle is for her. She is a fantastic woman and wife and I fully endorsed his move. We both are Lexus owners and talked about quality but it didn't matter, the Lexus wasn't the emotional purchase, it was the logical one here. He also has the income to fix whatever breaks, so its no issue.

When the wife and I spoke she said "Mike I would have been happy with a Pilot" so its not like she demanded or even wanted anything extravagant.
Glad to hear it worked out. It is nice to hear when guys do/can do things like this to make the wife happy.

I completely agree with you Mike that consumer agencies don't know about the emotional side of a purchase. Same reason why we love cars like the LFA just because, doesn't have to be the fastest, just we have to love it.

Fay, thanks for defending our beloved truck, obviously we have very similar tastes (RR and M3) since I missed this and was very late to the party.

My two cents, I love. This one has no problems, but it is not my first and will certainly not be my last! Yes they have issues, this is well know, but IMO, they are the BEST SUV on the market. The Full Size of course. If you are looking at a Sport, just get a Cayenne and call it a day.
Old 04-28-10, 01:02 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Yay! new FFRR!

Full Fat Range Rover =

^ & that's pretty much what mine looks like too

It's the big most expensive one ... NOT the sport.

Originally Posted by Mbenz528i

Fay, thanks for defending our beloved truck, obviously we have very similar tastes (RR and M3) since I missed this and was very late to the party.
fo sho!

How come you didn't come to MFest? it was such a blast! & it woulda been cool to meet you ... I think you're the only other person I know that has essentially the same rides as me.
Old 04-28-10, 02:09 PM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Faymester
How come you didn't come to MFest? it was such a blast! & it woulda been cool to meet you ... I think you're the only other person I know that has essentially the same rides as me.

Trust me, I SOOOOO wanted to go to MFEST, work was killing me. Next year for sure.

This is a picture of my Range Rover, my baby! (The M3 is my honey!)
Attached Thumbnails Please assist with info on 2006 Range Rover HSE-cars-020.jpg  
Old 04-28-10, 02:09 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I happen to luv most of the current RR's (including the Sport), they always seem stylish and super lux to me. I was sad when Ford sold this brand off with Jag.
Old 04-28-10, 02:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

They look amazing and are the peak of what a luxury SUV can be BUT the idea of a used Range Rover , let alone a new one, just conjures up images of dealership waiting areas. I will pass and admire them when I see them on the road
Old 04-28-10, 02:19 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

If you two can agree, from the very start, on how to spend the kind of money a new, upmarket SUV costs, you should be able to agree on almost anything....even a house.

I see the start of a long, happy marriage.
Old 04-28-10, 02:59 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
If you two can agree, from the very start, on how to spend the kind of money a new, upmarket SUV costs, you should be able to agree on almost anything....even a house.

I see the start of a long, happy marriage.
Memo update: I don't think it's his wife he was talking to
Regardless, feeling the love (of the RR's).