Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

TSX and TL Type S debuts...oh wait...red badges debut...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-10, 02:20 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont think it's that bad. the SH-AWD is a welcome, as tests from car magazines would attest to. The rear is a little off, but with a little trunk spoiler and some rear ground effects treatment from the options list, it's not so bad. The wheels just need to be a bit bigger- 19's look great. About the rear, this picture isn't very bad looking to me.

and here's what i mean by the trunk spoiler

Last edited by TF109B; 04-29-10 at 02:25 AM.
Old 04-29-10, 11:05 AM
TwincH
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It always cracks me up to see how the back of the car looks just like the front. I can't ever tell if the 4g TL is coming or going.
Old 04-29-10, 11:09 AM
LexFather

^^ Still horrid and ugly. A car should not NEED modifications to look better, they are to accent the car. Not to mention Acura corporate is up in arms that dealers continue to go against their wishes by painted grills and selling them. It defeats the entire purpose of them going through the trouble debuting the can opener beak only for dealers to sell painted beaks and cheap grills.

Here is what you get

I guess they will never be able to truly separate themselves from the ricer mentality that plagues the brand and that is why they are a complete joke.

Old 04-29-10, 11:13 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TF109B
i

Best I've ever seen the new TL... however, if you put a suit and tie on a piece of crap...

TSX and TL Type S debuts...oh wait...red badges debut...-hanky.jpg
Old 04-29-10, 11:14 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that a spoiler or an Acura converted into a rolling parade platform for exotic dancers?
Old 04-29-10, 11:18 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
Best I've ever seen the new TL... however, if you put a suit and tie on a piece of crap...

Attachment 172537

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Is that a spoiler or an Acura converted into a rolling parade platform for exotic dancers?
Its a portal for unicorns to come from another dimension with Tier 1, RWD, V-8s, V-10s, next NSXs

Old 04-29-10, 11:28 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Its a portal for unicorns to come from another dimension with Tier 1, RWD, V-8s, V-10s, next NSXs

2nd time today I've had to change my pants...
Old 04-29-10, 04:55 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Minus the beak I actually think the TSX is a pretty good looking car. The TL however is just ugly. The technology is all there, but the style is just crap from Acura and Honda. My buying priority is mostly style first, so Acura has been off my list for a while.
Old 04-29-10, 05:55 PM
LexFather

Question

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Minus the beak I actually think the TSX is a pretty good looking car. The TL however is just ugly. The technology is all there, but the style is just crap from Acura and Honda. My buying priority is mostly style first, so Acura has been off my list for a while.
What technology? That's marketing bull as Kias, Hyundais an Fords offer more technology.

Old 04-29-10, 06:09 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Top of the line (wannabe premium) TSX V6 technology:

* Belt drive, SOHC, VTEC® 24-valve
* 5-speed Automatic
Old 04-29-10, 09:24 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
What technology? That's marketing bull as Kias, Hyundais an Fords offer more technology.
Its so sad. How did Honda go from being an engineering company to a marketing company.
Old 04-30-10, 01:31 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why all the hate? the SH-AWD car would be a choice for me. I like it with the optional factory body kit and the 19 inch wheels, change the beak with the website i've posted pictures from and it looks fine. Acura isn't what it used to be and neither is the TL, but at least it's offering AWD
Old 04-30-10, 05:38 AM
wmb0000
Pole Position

why all the hate? the SH-AWD car would be a choice for me. I like it with the optional factory body kit and the 19 inch wheels, change the beak with the website i've posted pictures from and it looks fine. Acura isn't what it used to be and neither is the TL, but at least it's offering AWD
I am also with you on this one. I don't really understand. From all the post in this forumn Acura is not even close competitor to Lexus and base on some even Kia/Ford/Hunydai are even better than Acura. Yet Acura's name got drag in the mud in many post and even on post that is not even related to Acura and yet it's name is still mention in it. I get it .. because it produce ugly car to many members here but how many time do we have to mention that the TL is ugly is enough ..
Is it ugly in my eye .. yes .. but to keep bringing it up is just .. I don't know .. guess the hatred toward Acura is deeper to some members
Old 04-30-10, 05:58 AM
LexFather

You do realize this thread was about a fake S-type trim kit and not styling until YOU PERSONALLY came defending the styling. So then the thread switched to that. Blame yourself.

Originally Posted by wmb0000
I am also with you on this one. I don't really understand. From all the post in this forumn Acura is not even close competitor to Lexus and base on some even Kia/Ford/Hunydai are even better than Acura. Yet Acura's name got drag in the mud in many post and even on post that is not even related to Acura and yet it's name is still mention in it. I get it .. because it produce ugly car to many members here but how many time do we have to mention that the TL is ugly is enough ..
Is it ugly in my eye .. yes .. but to keep bringing it up is just .. I don't know .. guess the hatred toward Acura is deeper to some members
We understand certain members come here to post only in certain brand threads where they can argue and complain and clearly you are one b/c the majority of your posts are in those threads. Personally I wish we could have a "slow person" forum for these people as they need additional assistance.

Originally Posted by wmb0000
As a fan of Acura/Honda .. .
If you actually read this thread instead of jumping to fanboy conclusions, you would see it was initially about the fake dealer trim level. What happened was TF109B then tried to come to the rescue and post pics of modified Tls that are still ugly. This thread wasn't about the looks, it was about the fake Type-S package. Then it became about "looks".

Then if you actually decided to look in car chat and not just Honda threads you would see we talk about every brand in here. So don't decide to get butthurt and cry and make accusations when I personally started 20 or so threads about different cars and brands. I don't see you posting in the;
550GT thread
the Lexus Carbon Fiber thread
the next M5 thread
the CL 550 review thread
GTR V-spec thread
Ferrari 599XX thread
and the thousands of other threads in car chat

Anyone with a fully functioning brain can see that. Rather you come to post your disdain in another Honda/Acura thread completely ignoring the thousands of other threads in here.

It is beyond pathetic in CarChat we can have a reasonable discussion about any car brand BUT Honda/Acura as the mental midgets come in, don't read, make attacks and false claims.

Oh and here are just a couple of threads with CarChat adoring Acura and being complimentary to it. Funny you forgot those as you POSTED in them.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...92-m3-nsx.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...nal-miles.html

More you forgot
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ighlight=acura

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ighlight=acura

Last edited by LexFather; 04-30-10 at 07:08 AM.

Old 04-30-10, 06:17 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

If your going to put all that money into modding an ugly $45K car, why don't you just get the already good looking torque vectoring AWD S4?

Quick Reply: TSX and TL Type S debuts...oh wait...red badges debut...