Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

April 2010 Monthly Auto Sales Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-10, 11:33 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Mitsubishi Motors Posts April Sales Increase

CYPRESS, Calif., May 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today announced that it followed a 17.6 percent increase in March, with another sales increase in April.

Sales boosts for MMNA's North American-built cars (Galant, Eclipse, and Eclipse Spyder) and the Outlander crossover-SUV led April 2010 sales of 3,932, .3 % higher than April 2009.

"We are encouraged to put together two successful months consecutively," said MMNA President & CEO Shin Kurihara, "We are hopeful that the economic recovery will continue, because we are demonstrating that the Mitsubishi brand can provide what customers want."

April highlights included:

•Outlander sales in April 2010 were up 34 percent compared to the prior year and are up 20 percent for the first four months of the year. April was Outlander's second best month of sales since August (2009).
•Customers continue to be drawn to the new Lancer Sportback, which posted its second best month of sales since October 2009.
•Galant sales were more than double the sales of the prior year (April 2009) and are ahead 72 percent year-to-date.
•Eclipse sales were up 14 percent compared to April 2009. Eclipse showed its highest sales total since last August.
•Spyder convertible sales were up 4 percent compared to a year ago. April was the best month for Spyder sales since July 2009.
•Year to date sales of vehicles manufactured at MMNA's U.S. factory in Normal, Illinois, are up almost 16 percent. (Galant, Endeavor, Eclipse, Eclipse Spyder)

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, finance, sales, and marketing operations for Mitsubishi Motors in the United States. MMNA sells coupes, convertibles, sedans, sport utility vehicles, and light trucks through a network of more than 400 dealers. For more information, contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.

SOURCE Mitsubishi Motors North America
Old 05-03-10, 11:36 AM
LexFather

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...l-sales-91539/

GM Announces April Sales
Retail sales see a 33% increase for core brands.

Chart-http://media.gm.com/content/Pages/news/us/en/2010/May/0503_gmsales/_jcr_content/iconrow/textfile/file.res/Deliveries%20April%202010.xls

Quick Facts:

* Total sales year-over-year are up 6.4%
* Core brand sales year-over-year are up 20%
* Core brand retail sales are up 33%
* April 2009 Sales (all brands): 173,007
* April 2010 Fleet: 31% of total volume
* Retail sales are up for most models, including full-size trucks/SUV's
* Q1 2010 market share ended at 18.1%, versus 15.4% in Q1 2009 (according to GM)

DETROIT – A combined retail sales increase of 33 percent for Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac propelled total sales for GM’s four brands in the U.S. to 183,091 during the month. This represents a 20-percent increase from a year ago. For the calendar year-to-date, combined total sales for Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac are up 31 percent.

The continued year-over-year sales increases are largely being driven by the company’s launch products, which now represent one of every four GM vehicles sold at retail. Year-to-date, combined sales of the Chevrolet Camaro, Chevrolet Equinox, Buick LaCrosse, GMC Terrain and Cadillac SRX are up nearly 300 percent, at 110,176, compared to the vehicles they replaced.

“Clearly, our launch vehicles are hitting the mark with consumers who are looking for bold styling, quality, safety and fuel efficiency,” said Steve Carlisle, vice president of U.S. Sales Operations. “But our results aren’t limited to just our newest vehicles. Sales of our full-size pickups and our mid-sized crossovers continue to strengthen.”

Retail sales of GM’s full-size pickups, the Chevrolet Silverado, Avalanche and GMC Sierra were up a combined 20 percent in April, and are up 8 percent year-to-date. Retail sales of GM’s mid-sized crossovers – the Chevrolet Traverse, Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia – increased 26 percent in April and are 15 percent higher year-to-date.

“The good news is that we have more on the way, including the all-new Buick Regal this spring and the Chevrolet Cruze in the third quarter,” added Carlisle.

Chevrolet dealers reported sales of 135,369 – 17 percent higher than April, 2009. Retail sales for the brand were 32 percent higher for the month. Retail sales of the Chevrolet Malibu surged 38 percent for the month – the seventh consecutive month of year-over-year sales increases. The Chevrolet Silverado, Equinox, Traverse and Camaro all posted year-over-year retail sales increases of 20 percent or more.

Buick sales rose 36 percent for the month to 12,181 – the seventh consecutive month of double digit year-over-year sales increases. Retail sales for Buick rose 42 percent during April. Buick LaCrosse had its best retail month since 2005, with an increase of 237 percent for the month. Year-to-date sales of the LaCrosse have increased 154 percent, with 42 percent of sales coming from consumers who replaced a non-GM vehicle.

GMC sales of 24,224 were 18 percent higher than last year, while retail sales for the brand were up 37 percent. Sales were led by retail sales of the GMC Terrain, which were up 537 percent for the month versus the vehicle it replaced. For the year, sales of the Terrain are up 313 percent. The Terrain continues to attract new customers to the brand, where 46 percent of buyers are trading in a non-GM make.

Cadillac sales increased 36 percent to 11,317, while retail sales improved 31 percent for the month. April retail sales of the SRX were 504 percent higher than a year ago, and are up 405 percent for the year. The SRX continues to bring new customers to the Cadillac brand. Year-to-date, 49 percent of SRX buyers traded in a competitive brand.

Month-end dealer inventory in the U.S. stood at about 430,000 units, which is about 3,000 higher compared to March 2010, and about 311,000 lower than April 2009.

Last edited by LexFather; 05-03-10 at 11:41 AM.

Old 05-03-10, 11:45 AM
LexFather

NISSAN NORTH AMERICA SALES INCREASE 35.1 PERCENT IN APRIL

http://www.nissannews.com/newsrelease.do?id=1549&mid=1

Chart- http://www.nissannews.com/assets/att...pril_Sales.pdf

NISSAN NORTH AMERICA SALES INCREASE 35.1 PERCENT IN APRIL
- Nissan sales rise 33.8 percent on across-the-lineup growth -
- Infiniti performance increases 46.2 percent due to launch of M, strength of G lineup -

Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today reported April 2010 sales of 63,769 units versus 47,190 units a year earlier, an increase of 35.1 percent, compared with April 2009. Nissan Division sales rose 33.8 percent for the month, while sales of Infiniti vehicles were 46.2 percent higher than a year before.

“Customers are coming back into the market, and our combination of quality, safety, value and performance are drawing them into Nissan and Infiniti showrooms,” said Brian Carolin, senior vice president, Sales & Marketing for NNA. “Though there are still challenges in our industry, the market is showing signs of life, and Nissan and Infiniti vehicles are resonating with more consumers every day.”

NISSAN HIGHLIGHTS

* Nissan vehicles posted sales of 56,558 units in April compared with 42,258 units sold in April the previous year, a 33.8 percent increase.
* April marks the Nissan division’s seventh consecutive month with a year-over-year sales increase.The Rogue crossover was up 38.3 percent over last year, and set a new April record.
* Eleven Nissan nameplates had double-digit increases over April 2009.

“With seven straight months of sales growth, we’re building a strong foundation for success in the rebounding market,” said Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division. “Nissan is building momentum across a wide range of segments this month, with car sales up 33.5 percent and truck sales up 34.4 percent.”

INFINITI HIGHLIGHTS

* Infiniti sales for April 2010 were 7,211 units, up 46.2 percent from the 4,932 units sold in the same month a year earlier.
* The Infiniti M continues to perform well, up 174.8 percent, with strong sales of the all-new 2011 model that started in March.
* The Infiniti G lineup was up 51.4 percent (sedan sales up 54.4 percent; coupe sales up 44.9 percent).

“Customers are recognizing Infiniti’s efforts to lead the luxury pack in performance, technology and refinement with the all-new Infiniti M,” said Ben Poore, vice president, Infiniti Business Unit. “With the M and G lineup, we now have one of the freshest lineups in the U.S. luxury market.”

NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. Both April 2010 and April 2009 had 26 selling days, so there is no variation between the two calculation methods.

In North America, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program 2010, whose key priorities are reducing CO2 emissions, cutting other emissions and increasing recycling. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.nissanusa.com and www.infinitiusa.com.

Old 05-03-10, 11:53 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel like 1,212 sales are sort of low for the new M. I wonder if that is due to production limits or demand (or lack thereof)?
Old 05-03-10, 12:04 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Also...

Another great month for the Venza with almost 5K units sold. I know it's a niche product but I am still glad that this model is a solid seller for them because I really like it. Sales were almost 2:1 Venza:Crossturd.

Avalon sales dipped for the "new" model- Does the public realize that this a repolished version of the old model? Seems like it...

Sales of the new Sienna also slipped...wonder why?

Rav4 continues to TEAR UP the sales charts

4Runner was rockin last month

Sequoia was down almost 50%...ouch

HS sold just more than 1,000 units and the numbers have been similar each month. This puts them at less than half of their annual projected volume of 25,000 units (originally 30,000).

GS is still suffering, but at least it's steady.

Despite sales being halted for half the month, the GX still sold 746 units - an increase of 48%
Old 05-03-10, 12:07 PM
LexFather

Well Audi had a huge month and the Q5 beat out the GLK and A5 beat out the G37. Caddy with another strong month with the SRX and CTS leading the way and the Escalade still doing well. Buick is selling very well with only 3 models.

Lexus/BMW/Benz are fighting for the top spot. 7 series with a big month and the new E-class continues to do very well. The GX took a huge month to month dip. If it wasn't for that bad news Lexus would have hit maybe 20k units last month.

Acura's ZDX is a complete failure selling at 1/2 its expected sales goal which was low anyway. Everything they have launched has failed in recent memory.

ZDX sales fail

Dec-79
Jan-172
Feb-159
Mar-264
April-234

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I feel like 1,212 sales are sort of low for the new M. I wonder if that is due to production limits or demand (or lack thereof)?
It is very low as the last model was hitting 2k a month many months easy. To make a long story short they are 2nd to last in sales in the luxury arena. Not good.

Last edited by LexFather; 05-03-10 at 02:26 PM.

Old 05-03-10, 12:11 PM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

After looking at these numbers. I don't want here one word about the economy. People are purchasing cars right and left. It's obvious i'm in the wrong business. Yes, a DBA make good money but if I develop a chip or some type of tracking device for cars. The sky is the limit.

The RX is still a killer.

Last edited by rogers2; 05-03-10 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-03-10, 12:13 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I question the sales of the new Fusion and new Taurus reported by Ford. I barely see these two models around NYC area. I think I only saw the new Taurus once, and the new Fusion, I spot it less than once a day. On the other hand, the new Sonata, which just went on sale, I already see them 5-6 times a day (already saw one involved in an accident on saturday). I see the new 7 series 2-3 times a day, and it only selling around 1000 units per month, and has only been selling for six months.

Something is fishy with Ford's sales claim.
Old 05-03-10, 12:17 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Volkswagen of America

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 03, 2010

Volkswagen of America Announces 42 Percent Increase for April Sales and a 10th Consecutive Month of Growth

TDI® Clean Diesel, Tiguan Models Drive the Brand

HERNDON, Va., May 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Volkswagen of America, Inc. today reported April 2010 sales of 23,135 total units, for a 42% increase over April 2009, and its tenth consecutive month of sales growth. For the year-to-date, Volkswagen's sales have risen 39.4% versus the same timeframe in 2009.

The sporty Tiguan compact SUV posted its strongest month ever with 1,888 units sold, a 56.6% increase compared with April 2009.

Volkswagen's full line of award-winning TDI® Clean Diesel models, which includes the Jetta, Jetta SportWagen, Golf, and Touareg, again led the way among customers. The exciting and economical Jetta SportWagen TDI continued its strong performance, accounting for 84.0% of all Jetta SportWagens sold in April.

"Continued strong performance across its full line of new Volkswagen models offers further proof that more and more customers are recognizing the brand for its quality, value and driving enjoyment," said Mark Barnes, Chief Operating Officer, Volkswagen of America, Inc. "As we continue to gain positive momentum, we believe that our continued new product introductions will deliver even greater growth in the months ahead."

Sales Chart HERE

Old 05-03-10, 02:31 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Also...

Another great month for the Venza with almost 5K units sold. I know it's a niche product but I am still glad that this model is a solid seller for them because I really like it. Sales were almost 2:1 Venza:Crossturd.

Avalon sales dipped for the "new" model- Does the public realize that this a repolished version of the old model? Seems like it...

Sales of the new Sienna also slipped...wonder why?

Rav4 continues to TEAR UP the sales charts

4Runner was rockin last month

Sequoia was down almost 50%...ouch

HS sold just more than 1,000 units and the numbers have been similar each month. This puts them at less than half of their annual projected volume of 25,000 units (originally 30,000).

GS is still suffering, but at least it's steady.

Despite sales being halted for half the month, the GX still sold 746 units - an increase of 48%
Don't know where you got Avalon sales from, but Avalon sales increased 36% compared to last April. So much for the Avalon dying and nobody buying it based on all the critics on internet forums . Sales figures don't lie.

Sienna sales also increased roughly 40%.

If you're comparing Avalon and Sienna sales to March 2010 sales, well that doesn't fully make sense either. Avalon March sales were slightly higher than last month (April), but Sienna sales in April were better than in March. That makes sense as Sienna inventory was still limited in March. That and Toyota incentives were a bit lower in April than in March.

Not all Sienna models are on-sale yet either. I'm not sure if all the 4 cyl models and the Sienna SE are on-sale yet.

Camry and Corolla continue to dominate. Camry sales are still up for the year despite all the bad news.

I do agree that Infiniti M sales so far are disappointing, and this is not good for the M in the future.

Originally Posted by Och
I question the sales of the new Fusion and new Taurus reported by Ford. I barely see these two models around NYC area. I think I only saw the new Taurus once, and the new Fusion, I spot it less than once a day. On the other hand, the new Sonata, which just went on sale, I already see them 5-6 times a day (already saw one involved in an accident on saturday). I see the new 7 series 2-3 times a day, and it only selling around 1000 units per month, and has only been selling for six months.

I would imagine a lot of fleet sales comprise the sales figures for the Fusion and Taurus.
Old 05-03-10, 02:45 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

I see Fusion everywhere in Chicago.. not much Taurus though..
Old 05-03-10, 02:57 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Don't know where you got Avalon sales from, but Avalon sales increased 36% compared to last April. So much for the Avalon dying and nobody buying it based on all the critics on internet forums . Sales figures don't lie.

Sienna sales also increased roughly 40%.

If you're comparing Avalon and Sienna sales to March 2010 sales, well that doesn't fully make sense either. Avalon March sales were slightly higher than last month (April), but Sienna sales in April were better than in March. That makes sense as Sienna inventory was still limited in March. That and Toyota incentives were a bit lower in April than in March.

Not all Sienna models are on-sale yet either. I'm not sure if all the 4 cyl models and the Sienna SE are on-sale yet.
You're right - I was looking at the wrong column
Old 05-03-10, 03:20 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Speaking of Avalon. There is a major ad campaign going on. Those retro ads are on TV all the time. Even though the changes for 2011 are minimal, the ads do appear to be working.
Old 05-03-10, 03:23 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

infiniti is quickly becoming the joke luxury brand.

sales are **** poor. even acura is beating them in numbers.

infiniti M sales are not good out the door. and that is considering how much internet advertising they have bought. There's not a single website where I haven't seen the squinty eyed smiley face car's ad at the top.

However, the M sales are in line with the previous months'. There seems to be no increased demand in the product.

same old story with the GS. needs life support stat.
at least it's not a bad looking car.

i guess I just don't understand the midsize luxury market. Something as ugly as the E-class sells so well...
oh wait. badge whoring. i just remembered.

Last edited by dunnojack; 05-03-10 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-03-10, 03:49 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Och

Originally Posted by joe80
I see Fusion everywhere in Chicago.. not much Taurus though..
It's probably a regional thing. Here in NJ I see a lot of Taurus,more Taurus than new Maximas, and The Fusion seems to be doing well around here too. I see more Fusions than refreshed Altimas around here. Also domestics usually sell better in the midwest so I'm sure Ford is stealing business primarily from GM and Chrysler out there.

Quick Reply: April 2010 Monthly Auto Sales Thread