Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So you think Hyundai Equus looks impressive?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-10, 08:49 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not even feeling that. The interior is BOSS tho.
Old 05-04-10, 08:59 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joe80

i know ya'll are impressed by Equus.
Does it ever get old?
Old 05-04-10, 09:43 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no. it never gets old. I love posting about hyundai in a lexus forum. people's reaction is hilarious. obviously Och too.
Old 05-04-10, 09:48 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

no. it never gets old. I love posting about hyundai in a lexus forum. people's reaction is hilarious. obviously Och too.
So are you basically admitting then that you post here on CL mostly to bait and flame others into arguments?
Old 05-04-10, 09:56 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

nah, just kidding. i genuinely fell in love with Hyundai. I'm just very proud of them. and i find hyundai very attractive.

and seriously, it's not just me. it will be very hard not to read about Korean cars lately.
Old 05-04-10, 10:14 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interior looks good..outside not so much...looks like a knock off of the Flying Spur
Old 05-04-10, 10:16 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Chinese will be a force in year 2020 or so. just look at their recent concept designs. it's getting better and better.
It's completely crazy how fast they get better.
Old 05-04-10, 10:26 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nah, just kidding. i genuinely fell in love with Hyundai. I'm just very proud of them. and i find hyundai very attractive.

and seriously, it's not just me. it will be very hard not to read about Korean cars lately.
I am really glad that you enjoy Hyundai, but I think I speak for the majority of members on this forum when I say that any additional effort to contain your enthusiasm would be greatly appreciated. The way that you turn nearly every topic into a Hyundai love-fest is counterproductive and disrupts the flow of conversation that we are used to. Perhaps you would like to create a "Hyundai/Kia Master Thread" and contain all of your discussions to that topic. Constantly reading references to the Equus, Sonata, Genesis, etc. is really enough for me to consider blocking your posts- which I have never done to anyone before.

I say all of this with the utmost respect because you seem like a nice guy, but you have to understand where we are coming from too. I can't help but think that your enthusiasm would be better channeled through a Hyundai/Kia forum, so if you don't already belong to one maybe you should look there. If you simply enjoy getting a rise out of people here I think you have now achieved your goal and can move elsewhere.
Old 05-04-10, 10:37 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

mission accomplished. I've blocked 8 people from this board before. you should block me too. it's brilliant function IMO.

i have thousands of posts in hyundai/kia/bimmer/acura/honda/audi/nissan/edmunds/motor trend forum as well.

and please post my obnoxious behavior in any of those threads you mentioned. i think many of you just can't handle the truth. and maybe even feel threatened by the rapid growth of hyundai.

Last edited by joe80; 05-04-10 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-04-10, 11:55 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

mission accomplished. I've blocked 8 people from this board before. you should block me too. it's brilliant function IMO.

i have thousands of posts in hyundai/kia/bimmer/acura/honda/audi/nissan/edmunds/motor trend forum as well.

and please post my obnoxious behavior in any of those threads you mentioned. i think many of you just can't handle the truth. and maybe even feel threatened by the rapid growth of hyundai.
Again, comments like these really puzzle me .

Do you work for Hyundai? Are you on some sort of personal mission to talk about Hyundai as much as possible on non-Hyundai message boards and get a rise out of people? Do you have links to Chairman Chung Mong-Koo?

If not, then it's extremely puzzling why you continue to get a rise out of people on a Lexus forum .
Old 05-05-10, 04:41 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

What?!

This is indeed getting old. Joe, do you understand the concept of internet forums? Another thread completely off-topic and ruined with your Hyundai nonsense. I'm glad you're finding it hilarious, but the rest of us are not so amused, we're annoyed.
Old 05-05-10, 05:12 AM
potatoBBQ
Intermediate

lol... i think you forgot to add the [*sarcasm*] tags to your post... or did you seriously pull a "you can't handle the truth" moment re: a hyundai equus? i think if anything, you can't seem to handle the fact that many of us just don't really care about hyundai. i mean, yes, we could use the block function, but then wouldn't it be sorta weird to then just be effectively talking to yourself?

i might be way off and just imagining things, but you seem like you made those statements in all seriousness. if i'm just missing the sarcasm, sorry, but if you're serious...