Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

CR: Toyota brand loyalty continues to fall, Honda and Ford rise

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-10 | 02:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joeb427
No secret.
Toyota quality has been dropping for the last 10 years,IMO..
Hopefully Mr Toyoda will bring Toyota back to where it was years ago.
I went to look at a highlander hybrid for the wife and maybe even a Venza for me ( daddy mode) and the dash on the Venza had 3 spots where the dash didnt line up perfectly. I was blown away. I have heard they are slipping at Toyota but never actually saw the signs myself. Stuff like this should be caught my an inspector at the plant. I honestly think I am going to keep my car and get the wife the Highlander. Is it just Toyota products made in the USA???????? The Venza was made in the south
Old 05-19-10 | 03:05 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I went to look at a highlander hybrid for the wife and maybe even a Venza for me ( daddy mode) and the dash on the Venza had 3 spots where the dash didnt line up perfectly. I was blown away. I have heard they are slipping at Toyota but never actually saw the signs myself. Stuff like this should be caught my an inspector at the plant. I honestly think I am going to keep my car and get the wife the Highlander. Is it just Toyota products made in the USA???????? The Venza was made in the south
A little late, perhaps, but if no one else at CL congragulated you on achieving 10,000 posts, I8ABMR (and I didn't see any), I'd like to do that now. That's a milestone.
Old 05-19-10 | 11:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
A little late, perhaps, but if no one else at CL congragulated you on achieving 10,000 posts, I8ABMR (and I didn't see any), I'd like to do that now. That's a milestone.
Thanks a lot buddy. CL is a pleasure because of the discussions, info, and knowledgeable members like yourself. Thanks again
Old 05-20-10 | 12:57 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

It's what Toyota wanted, to be the Japanese GM, they hit a bump in the road, either they will regain control and continue to improve of they will just drop off like GM did, but somehow I doubt that
Old 05-20-10 | 02:40 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I wonder sometimes if the company can just get to big for its own good. I wonder if the size creates production issues or is it the "we build it they buy it " mentality that got GM ,and frankly Mercedes, into the situation they are in. I have a feeling that the shareholders are driving the quality away while asking for bigger and bigger dividends
Old 05-20-10 | 10:25 PM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Most of my cars I've owned or still own are toyotas. However, their quality has gone down a lot. I was not impressed at all with my in-laws new camry, my friends scion tc or his new tundra. Interior felt really cheap. My 2004 tundra will most likely be the last toyota I buy if the quality of toyota remains the same.