Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

after running no front plate for YEARS...finally got pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-10, 11:41 AM
MrBruin09
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Last year next the Verizon store in Sherman Oaks around lunch time. 3 Cops put together a checkpoint and pulled over anyone and everyone with no front license plate. And I was one of them. I believe they probably gave out over 30 fix it tickets.
Old 05-29-10, 11:23 PM
hughh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the Lexus dealer for the 1,000 mile service and he had my new plates installed.
After I got home my wife noticed that no front plate was installed. I found the other plate it in the glove box.

Last Saturday I attended a family gathering at my niece's new house. Her husband is a police officer and there were 5-6 other officers on the table. I asked if any of them would to ticket me, since I was parked in front and in view of all. They all said they would not. If I were driving or parked in a suspicious area, or acting in a suspicious manner, then YES! They would use it as an excuse to stop me and search my car.
Old 05-31-10, 06:43 AM
exvelocity
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JessePS
Just wondering. If a foreigner driving in certain states that need front plates will they get stopped?

Seeing here in Quebec we have no front plates.
Yes, they will pull you over if they feel like giving you hard time. few years ago I was driving through Frankfort NY at 2 am after New Year's party ,****** had to pull me over because I didn't have front tag (Florida state does not have front tags),then I tell him we don't have front plates in my state, he tells me that my tag frame obstructs view of the rear tag and he couldn't see what state I was from, I took him to the back of my SUV and showed to him that you can clearly read "FLORIDA" even with tag frame, asswipe still gave me a ticket, so I had to fight it with their DA office .

I'm glad we don't have this none sense in Florida