Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Service history for 91'Diablo

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-10 | 12:06 PM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Default Service history for 91'Diablo

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out? I am helping a friend track down the service records for a car he bought. It is a 91' Diablo.

When new,the selling dealer was the car Emporium 714 Tonnelle ave ,North Bergen NJ

PM me for the vin if you think you have any leads.
Thanks
Old 05-26-10 | 01:28 PM
votru
Lead Lap

If possible, please post pictures as love to see 91' Diablo.
Old 05-26-10 | 01:34 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I would check with a vintage motors sales person and ask how they can look it up. I think there are a good number in connecticut and new hampshire ( or at least there was 8 years ago)
Old 05-26-10 | 01:38 PM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by votru
If possible, please post pictures as love to see 91' Diablo.
Check out this link. This was a little while back.
http://www.ronsusser.com/inventory.htm?id=92
Attached Thumbnails Service history for 91'Diablo-lambo.jpeg   Service history for 91'Diablo-lambo1.jpeg  
Old 05-26-10 | 01:57 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Did you friend have an Aston Martin DB9 before? There is some guy on the Aston forums in NJ that took his DB9 pictures at the exact spot.

Tell your friend to go post his car and vin on lambopower.com, they have very good resources there.

Good luck!
Old 05-26-10 | 02:04 PM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikez
Did you friend have an Aston Martin DB9 before? There is some guy on the Aston forums in NJ that took his DB9 pictures at the exact spot.

Tell your friend to go post his car and vin on lambopower.com, they have very good resources there.

Good luck!
Not the same guy. These are pics from when the car was for sale. I'll take some pics this weekend when I see him.
Thanks for the site info. I'll check it out.
Old 05-26-10 | 02:28 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Can't believe this beauty is almost 20 years old. IMO it looked better than most new supercars. I remember I saw a red one about a month ago, I'm in shock as you can't find them here anymore, all you usually see is just gallardos, R8s, P-cars, Cont. GTs, and 430s etc........
Old 05-26-10 | 06:21 PM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

I cannot help you, but I had to comment on how beautiful the car is. Love it. Never seen a Diablo in red. I like!
Old 05-26-10 | 06:29 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mbenz528i
I cannot help you, but I had to comment on how beautiful the car is. Love it. Never seen a Diablo in red. I like!
+1 IMO this was the peak for Lambo looks wise
Old 05-26-10 | 07:41 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Car looks great, sorry i cant help tho.
Old 05-26-10 | 09:01 PM
Roid Rage
Driver School Candidate

ditto on going to lambopower.com. there is a mod there with the userid "albofaz", aka, Mike, who knows or has all the infos about all diablos out there regardijg history, wrecks and such. jusr post the VIN there and you will get your answer.
Old 05-27-10 | 05:58 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for everyones help. This car is so impressive when you see it in person. You can feel the power just standing next to the car.
Old 05-27-10 | 07:39 AM
votru
Lead Lap

Thank you for posting picture.......beautiful car .
Old 05-27-10 | 07:43 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Big *****
Thanks for everyones help. This car is so impressive when you see it in person. You can feel the power just standing next to the car.
How many miles are on it and what was the price, if you can say, all the Diablos I have looked at seem to have lost no value
Old 05-27-10 | 07:53 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by <VENOM>
How many miles are on it and what was the price, if you can say, all the Diablos I have looked at seem to have lost no value
I believe the car has about 35k...The owner is in the car business, has a small shop.... He paid somewhere between 70-75k. It is really a steal for someone who is not afraid to work on their own car. It would be a nightmare if you had to pay someone every-time it needed work. He is a good mechanic and these cars are probably the last ones you could own that did not have allot of electronics limiting what you could and could not do. In general most of the cars from the mid 90's on started relying on electronics which limited the "user friendliness". Another friend owns F1 cars from the same time and he says the early 90's is where the cars became imposable to work on if you didn't have a huge support vehicle filled with computers. So you can see the development time it took for all the aids to make it from the track to the road cars. RND now moves so much faster. At the end of the day it is still a car with a V12 and almost 500hp...eek2:

Quick Reply: Service history for 91'Diablo