Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cop hooks up illegal immigrants with licenses in NH

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-10, 07:21 AM
LexFather

Post Cop hooks up illegal immigrants with licenses in NH

http://normantranscript.com/headline...gal-immigrants

Trooper charged with providing licenses to illegal immigrants

CNHI News Service The Norman Transcript

PELHAM, N. H. — A New Hampshire state trooper has been charged with selling driver’s licenses and motor vehicle inspection stickers to illegal immigrants.

Veteran trooper Fred Stamatatos, 40, of Pelham, N.H., was arrested Wednesday for bribery and falsification, along with Donna Rockholt, 46, an employee of the state Division of Motor Vehicles.

Authorities said Rockholt provided the driver’s licenses and inspection stickers and also received bribes from the illegal immigrants in return for the documents. Five illegal immigrants who paid for the licenses and stickers also face charges in the case.

Matthew Etre, special agent with the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement office in Boston, praised the police investigation that uncovered the operation.“Fradulently obtained legitimate identity documents are a serious threat to the public safety and the national security,” said Etre.

At least one immigrant who received a driver’s license tried to use it to obtain a U.S. passport, said Jane Young, senior assistant state attorney general. Young declined to say how many driver’s licenses and inspection stickers were distributed to illegal immigrants but she did say additional arrests are likely.

Authorities said the several months investigation was initiated by the New Hampshire Department of Safety, which oversees both the state police and the Division of Motor Vehicles. Seventeen federal, state and local law enforcement agencies participated.

Old 05-28-10, 08:00 AM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Do we still shoot traitors during wartime?
Old 05-28-10, 10:13 AM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meowCat
Illegal immigrants need to be drafted to U.S. military or put them to slave work.
I wouldn't want the extra risk of friendly fire.
Old 05-28-10, 10:55 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

This is insane. I am blown away. These illegal immigrants will do anything to get in and get established (including buying a license from a cop) except for doing the immigration paper work and waiting to get in like many of our parents did back in the day.
Old 05-28-10, 12:44 PM
kt22cliff
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While your parents might have waited in line to get in, vast majority of current "americans" trace their immigrant ancesters' roots to when it was "show on the shores and you are in" era - kinda like what those "illegals" do.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
This is insane. I am blown away. These illegal immigrants will do anything to get in and get established (including buying a license from a cop) except for doing the immigration paper work and waiting to get in like many of our parents did back in the day.
Old 05-28-10, 02:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

That was far before the wave of immigration that this country had during the late 60's and early 70's. Totally different times and different immigrants. Most of the people who came during the 60's and 70's were far more educated and came with some money ( although not much),

I was not referring to the lineage of the US population. I am focusing on who is coming in right now. My parents came here with degrees , had 2 kids who became a Dr and an attorney, and tried to become Americans. My dad had to wait 3 years to finally get the papers to legally come to the US, but he got them the right way.
Old 05-28-10, 04:02 PM
kt22cliff
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a great story that your mom and dad waited in line, did it right way and became Dr's and Lawyers. Some people in the world are that lucky. When you are desperate for jobs/money/food, you are not and should not sit and wait 3 years which realistically could turn into way more than 3 years depends on which category of immigration visa you are lined up for.

Now, those who came here illegally and do more illegal things like forge ID or other crimes should face just consequences but you shouldn't look down on people who are just trying. I mean I don't know how they got hooked up with a pig and the dude at the DMV i.e. who initiated the contact etc but if you were an illegal and you get pulled over and the pig asks you hey you wanna get some legit ID for $5k, or you hear from another illegal hey I know a pig and a dude at DMV who can get you legit ID for $5k of course you are gonna say yes.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
That was far before the wave of immigration that this country had during the late 60's and early 70's. Totally different times and different immigrants. Most of the people who came during the 60's and 70's were far more educated and came with some money ( although not much),

I was not referring to the lineage of the US population. I am focusing on who is coming in right now. My parents came here with degrees , had 2 kids who became a Dr and an attorney, and tried to become Americans. My dad had to wait 3 years to finally get the papers to legally come to the US, but he got them the right way.
Old 05-28-10, 04:27 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by kt22cliff
but if you were an illegal and you get pulled over and the pig asks you hey you wanna get some legit ID for $5k, or you hear from another illegal hey I know a pig and a dude at DMV who can get you legit ID for $5k of course you are gonna say yes.

No, only the unethical ones will say yes.
Old 05-29-10, 12:22 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is full of win!
Old 05-29-10, 02:58 PM
TEXASMAJOR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is disgusting. Its so easy to obtain a drivers license anyway. Hopefully this Trooper faces federal felony charges as well.
Old 05-29-10, 11:56 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by meowCat
Illegal immigrants need to be drafted to U.S. military or put them to slave work.

what's next, purging?

Last edited by PureDrifter; 05-30-10 at 02:03 PM.