Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Review: 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-10, 08:49 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Thanks. In this case, I had some extra time to kill yesterday, and simply decided to put it to good use.

We can also all be happy, as CL members, that our colleague, Josh (ArmyofOne) got back from Iraq OK.

I'm still waiting for the new Ford Fiesta, Hyundai Eqqus, and Jag XJ to show up...they're CL-requested and still on my list. I'm crossing my fingers, though, for an XJ test-drive.

Congragulations, BTW, on your more than 10,000 posts, if no one else has mentioned it. 10K posts is a CL milestone.
Hah, thanks for the mention Mike, 'preciate it.
Old 06-07-10, 08:52 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
Hah, thanks for the mention Mike, 'preciate it.
You earned it.
Old 06-07-10, 09:01 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by SLegacy99
My brother bought a dark grey metallic 2.5i Impreza today.
Congragulations to your brother. Did he get the sedan or hatchback?

He knows the standard break-in rules, doesn't he?

He judges that the interior isn't as nice as his 2001 RS,
The visual trim pattern is nice, especialy on the dash, and the well-padded elbow rest is a nice plus, but, I agree there is way too much hard plastic inside, and the cloth seats are unimpressive in several ways. Fortunately, the plastics inside aren't light and flimsy-feeling like in may cars; they appear to be durable.

but has concluded that this a good car for him to own for a few years until he moves somewhere that isn't as cruel to the automotive enthusiast.
I've always said, and always will say, that, IMO, it doesn't matter what other people or "enthusiasts" think.......buy and drive the best overall vehicle that mets your needs. And the Impreza is an excellent buy for those who want a low price, AWD traction, good durability, and something reasonably pleasant to drive.
Old 06-10-10, 07:11 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the first time that my bro has listened to me when buying a car. And no Marsh I'm willing to bet that he doesnt know about the break in so I should remind him.

I found this car to be much nicer than I thought. I still hope to get an '07 WRX within the next two years, but this is a nice for him.

He drove to the dealer in the IS, dissapointed to give up his aging, fancy car. It was raining and the IS has always been dissapointing in the weather, and for me on any form of pavement...I guess I am just used to being able to hit the gas an go having had Subarus as my last two vehicles. However, leaving the dealer his faith in Subaru was restored as not only was 170 HP more than sufficient, but he had traction!!!!!

I was more impressed with the interior in person than in pictures. I like it. I love the exterior dark gray color. My two Legacies were always solidily built, but I drove the '01 Impreza one whole summer and the center console, as well as the drivers side window controls, were very poorly put together and flapped in the breeze.

His only complaint was that he was supposed to have an extended center arm rest and that wasnt in his car. He claims he bartered that, I don't really know what he did as I wasnt there. However it costs almost $200 and he isn't happy that he doesnt have it.

Me, I am surprisingly content with my 12 year old Legacy GT, which is at 120k, has had so very few problems (clutch replacement was the biggest) and still pulls 32 MPG Hwy!