Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

witness to a horrible accident

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-10, 07:45 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by lexmenow
If we hadn't stopped they would of been stuck there till they died. They went in a ditch hidden by trees. I can't believe only 2 cars stopped with us after knowing 10+ cars saw the accident. The 2 other people where women. A paramedic said just last week a teen driver died because they went in a ditch and no one saw the car was down there. Our society is so selfish now.
Same thing happened to me Sept 2001....I still remember the day....SUV flipped over on I-85/75, only 2 cars pulled over to help and they were all girls. Everyone kept driving by.....

Not going to hijack but I feel your pain.

Old 06-14-10, 09:21 AM
drpatel77
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ..

sad story.. but amazing how we grow over the years... younger days immature and speed and as we grow older more calculated and mature driving... speed left for the track.... but i guess everyone has to go thru life and grow mature with age at their own pace.... hope the ppl in the accident are OK...
Old 06-14-10, 09:30 AM
Corey140
Intermediate

Where was it exactly?

Yea, most people don't stop...

Reminds me of the time that I saw a workvan t boned then it rolled and the driver was ejected. Stayed with him and covered him with my coat but couldn't communicate with him because he spoke spanish...
Old 06-14-10, 09:54 AM
votru
Lead Lap

glad that you stop and render aid. I wouldn't blame other people for not stopping also as they may think aid is there and our sue happy society make people irresponsible. Always count your blessing and happy that good people still existed.
Old 06-14-10, 10:06 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

for helping them out. That is scary where they went into the ditch and may have not been spotted immediately if you weren't there.

Originally Posted by RXSF
Im surprised so many people still dont wear seatbelts...isnt it common knowledge by now? Hope they are okay...hundreds of accidents like this happen every day.
It's not surprising to me any more. I see kids climbing around,sticking their hands out the window, playing in the car unbuckled and parents don't do a damn thing
Old 06-14-10, 10:30 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
very sad, but definitely darwin award nominee.
+2.... and thanks to you for stopping and keeping folks in good spritis until rescued... those 15 minutes can make all the difference between okay.... and....
Old 06-14-10, 10:57 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope for the best possible outcome of this terrible accident. I have a lot of respect for the good deeds performed by OP.
Old 06-14-10, 11:02 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

90 mph is really fast...
Old 06-14-10, 11:30 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Sounds like a bad one. Make sure we all drive belted in.
Old 06-14-10, 12:08 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

lexmenow, you are a good man.
Old 06-14-10, 02:08 PM
GoFastTSI
Pole Position

Two things to note here. Big respect to you for stopping and rendering aid, but one thing to remember in this horribly litigious society is that you can be sued for rendering aid. That's why so many people don't stop because of all the lawsuits surrounding good samaritans. Again, I think it's great that you stopped but just a word of caution.

Second, a similar accident occurred in Birmingham about 5 years ago. Apparently a young woman disappeared after being out one night. She evidently went off of I65 into a thickly wooded and brush covered ravine late at night/early the morning she disappeared. Her vehicle and body were discovered by a road crew several months later. Glad this one turned out a bit brighter.
Old 06-14-10, 04:34 PM
Turbinator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexmenow
If we hadn't stopped they would of been stuck there till they died. They went in a ditch hidden by trees. I can't believe only 2 cars stopped with us after knowing 10+ cars saw the accident. The 2 other people where women. A paramedic said just last week a teen driver died because they went in a ditch and no one saw the car was down there. Our society is so selfish now.
Great job stopping to help them out. You are a hero. Thank you for doing what you did!

Turby
Old 06-14-10, 05:25 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by JessePS
With you on that one. Just imagine if the person has a college degree in something thats be a shame.
i don't understand what a college degree has to do with this.

Originally Posted by pvmike1
lexmenow, you are a good man.
Originally Posted by Turbinator
Great job stopping to help them out. You are a hero. Thank you for doing what you did!
yes indeed!
Old 06-14-10, 06:53 PM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by meowCat
Some people have a mindset that it's not going to happen to them. Some think they are tough ***... Some just don't care about their lives..

It's amazing that the things didn't turn out worse by not wearing a seatbelt and roll over in a SUV and slam into a tree like that. They've got lucky I must say.

lexmenow, what SUV were they driving just for curiosity?

It was an 02 - 05 jeep grand cherokee laredo
Old 06-14-10, 06:58 PM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GoFastTSI
Two things to note here. Big respect to you for stopping and rendering aid, but one thing to remember in this horribly litigious society is that you can be sued for rendering aid. That's why so many people don't stop because of all the lawsuits surrounding good samaritans. Again, I think it's great that you stopped but just a word of caution.

Second, a similar accident occurred in Birmingham about 5 years ago. Apparently a young woman disappeared after being out one night. She evidently went off of I65 into a thickly wooded and brush covered ravine late at night/early the morning she disappeared. Her vehicle and body were discovered by a road crew several months later. Glad this one turned out a bit brighter.
Oh man your the second person that said that. Officer said that to me. Man I will be pissed if I get sued...... and for what.

Quick Reply: witness to a horrible accident