Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Gran Turismo 5 to be released November 2, 2010 ......with 3D option

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-10, 10:53 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FMLis300
I gave up on waiting for this epic game and sold my PS3.
Having fun being an X-bot? lol

Good things come to those who wait. And Patience is the greatest of virtues. Practice patience and you'll be rewarded. Seriously if you get that hung up over the game you should just take a step back. It's a game. As good as it is, there are other games that you can play to take up your time. I'm personally waiting for GT5 and the new Metal Gear Solid Rising, with Raiden where you can CUT ANYTHING!
Old 10-14-10, 11:55 PM
FMLis300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Having fun being an X-bot? lol
Not really. I left my 360 at home while I was stationed in California. My little bro played it till it burnt out. I feared the same for my PS3 and I rarely played it so I decided to sell it. Video games wasn't really my thing.
Old 10-15-10, 12:54 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

PS3 isn't going to burn out on you. Unless you play it non-stop 24/7. Xbox has a problem with cooling. A buddy of mine went through about 3 of them. Finally he said forget it and bought a PS3, has had the same one since... about 2 years ago. My bro's g/f has had the same PS3 since 2006. Like I said, videogames might not be your thing, but i wouldn't consider an xbox. too shady with their reliability for me. my ps3 does just fine.
Old 10-15-10, 03:05 AM
AerialAce
Rookie

Originally Posted by MR_F1

Wouldn't doubt this for a second as its happened before, but GT fans are probably the most hardcore next to the ones waiting for the next Duke Nukem game (LOL!).

Anyways, kinda bored of sims because I figured no matter how the game felt or what expensive accessories I buy to replicate the feeling it will never come close to actually driving whatever car you choose in these games.
Old 10-15-10, 05:28 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AerialAce
Wouldn't doubt this for a second as its happened before, but GT fans are probably the most hardcore next to the ones waiting for the next Duke Nukem game (LOL!).

Anyways, kinda bored of sims because I figured no matter how the game felt or what expensive accessories I buy to replicate the feeling it will never come close to actually driving whatever car you choose in these games.
Did you hear about DNNG project?

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com...d.php?t=112564

Old 10-15-10, 08:10 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Och
I thought it was going to be called "Duke Nukem Forever". Seeing its taking forever to come out.
Old 10-16-10, 10:42 PM
AerialAce
Rookie

Originally Posted by Och
No, but that looks amazing!
Old 10-26-10, 09:52 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Man this is killing me. I was all geared up for the Nov 2nd release. I also noticed that game stop is not advertising the big special edition $99.00 pack on there web site, as a option to buy. Maybe thats part of the production issue they were having. Jan 1st is what they are showing now.
Old 10-26-10, 10:19 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

I heard Apple might buy Sony.

I wonder what that means though. Seeing Sony phones run on Android. Their laptops run Windows. Plus their tv division working with Google.
Old 10-26-10, 11:29 AM
venom21
Instructor

How is that even possible? Isn't Sony like twice as big as Apple?
Old 10-26-10, 03:55 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

They aren't going to buy Sony. Just because they have a Market Cap that's bigger than Sony doesn't mean anything. It was a stupid joke the writer of some story made up. Sony is Japanese for one, that means they won't be bought out by someone. They'd rather join forces with another Japanese company than be bought out by a non-japanese corp.
Old 10-27-10, 10:30 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
They aren't going to buy Sony. Just because they have a Market Cap that's bigger than Sony doesn't mean anything. It was a stupid joke the writer of some story made up. Sony is Japanese for one, that means they won't be bought out by someone. They'd rather join forces with another Japanese company than be bought out by a non-japanese corp.
Market cap is just a result of Apple being successful. Apple can buy Sony with cash in the bank...all of Sony and still have extra to buy up a couple more companies. I think Apple is adding $4B a quarter in cash to its coffers. The acquisition would also be more favorable for Sony vs. Apple...Apple doesn't need dead weight in its operations. Sony has PLENTY of dead weight...
Old 10-27-10, 12:11 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

They can't buy the company outright, sorry. Sony is more than just electronics, they make movies, have their own studios, have their own financial services, have their own bank in Japan, have their own building etc. etc. Apple's market Cap is big because their stock does well and they are floated by their 'hip' products. Sony has been around much longer than Apple, and even if they don't have the market cap worth what Apple does, doesn't mean they'll get bought out or even think about getting bought out by the competition. Anyone who thinks that is stupid. And what Dead weight are you talking about that Sony carries around? Apple can't begin to talk on that front, the i-phone being on At&t is dead weight imo. Do some fact checking and you'll see sony makes a lot of money. Their sales are plenty and they probably sell much more than apple does. Just because Sony isn't worth what Apple is in STOCK, doesn't mean they aren't as big.
Old 10-27-10, 01:23 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
Man this is killing me. I was all geared up for the Nov 2nd release. I also noticed that game stop is not advertising the big special edition $99.00 pack on there web site, as a option to buy. Maybe thats part of the production issue they were having. Jan 1st is what they are showing now.
Gamestop claims they actually sold out their allocation of GT5 collector's edition. They stopped selling them about a week before the current delay announcement.
Old 10-27-10, 01:30 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Koenigsegg order just got delayed too.

Quick Reply: Gran Turismo 5 to be released November 2, 2010 ......with 3D option