Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-10, 10:42 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance

My brother recently put a deposit down on a 2011 CTS Coupe and was delighted when he saw the below article.

I had free scheduled maintenance on my Audi and loved that perk. I know BMW (maybe others) still offer it.

Props to Caddy for stepping up, I think this program will be a good selling point plus hopefully this will help them with repeat sales.

Cadillac offers free oil changes, tire rotations, other maintenance for new buyers

General Motors today announced that buyers of 2011 Cadillacs will receive free required maintenance for the car's first 50,000 miles, or the first four years of the car's life.

Oil changes, tire rotations, engine and cabin filter replacements, vehicle inspections and other "frequently required" check-ups will be included in the newly announced plan, dubbed Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance.

The previously announced 2011 CTS Coupe is the first of Cadillac's 2011 lineup to arrive in dealerships. The top-selling SRX crossover was recently recognized as having the highest resale value of any luxury crossover. Aside from those, Cadillac buyers can choose from the CTS sedan and wagon, the Escalade SUV, and the DTS and STS sedans.

Cadillac has also reportedly been adjusting its marketing strategies, distancing itself a bit from other GM brands and adopting signature practices, ditching GM promotions such as the "RedTag Event" sales push.

"Cadillac is adding Premium Care Maintenance as a way to extend customer service beyond the sale,” Kurt McNeil, vice president of Cadillac sales and service, said in a company release.

"The program is designed to raise satisfaction for owners by ensuring access to expert service. It should lead to higher loyalty rates for dealers by establishing them as a valued resource for our customers.
Source: http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/...oil_chang.html
Old 06-21-10, 10:47 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job Caddy. It has to start thinking like a Luxury brand!

Good pick up on your brother's part too by the way. We look forward to your review.
Old 06-21-10, 12:29 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good move. If they show the customers a positive experience in the service department, they might keep the customers coming back even after 50K miles.
Old 06-21-10, 01:23 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Good move. If they show the customers a positive experience in the service department, they might keep the customers coming back even after 50K miles.
Maintenance is not expensive, but most people neglect their cars and when they do bring it in for service, they get hit with several things at once and get price shocked.

Included maintenance for 50k seems great but I worked in BMW before included maintenance and everything they did at 30k, they just pushed back to 60k, so they still get the customers to pay for it.

50k maintenance is also to protect the cars, owners of any cars are cheap and don't do anything but oil changes, I've seen plenty of used cars with 100k+ miles and all original fluids, but they have oil changes done
Old 06-21-10, 02:32 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Originally Posted by Mbenz528i
Nice job Caddy. It has to start thinking like a Luxury brand!
Agreed
Good pick up on your brother's part too by the way. We look forward to your review.
Thanks, appreciate that I be sure to pass it along to him. Oh and will do as I've already offered to drive him down to pick it up at the end of August or beginning of September.
Old 06-21-10, 02:34 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Well put. With the services being free all the dealer has to do is get the job done right for the customer and they should be plenty of happy people returning as you say even after the 50K mark.
Old 06-21-10, 03:23 PM
RX300-BV
Lead Lap

Doesn't look like the free maintenance is equivalent to BMW's program. According to the autoblog article, wear and tear items like brake pads aren't included. I know brake work is included in the BMW maintenance.
Old 06-21-10, 06:05 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Originally Posted by RX300-BV
Doesn't look like the free maintenance is equivalent to BMW's program. According to the autoblog article, wear and tear items like brake pads aren't included. I know brake work is included in the BMW maintenance.
Thanks for the link, certainly paints a more complete picture of the program.

Still think the program is a first class step in the correct direction for them and I'm sure they'll be other pluses and minuses to it as we find out more.
Old 06-22-10, 07:56 AM
LexFather

Congrats to your brother! Good move by Caddy!