Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Honda releases info and images of revised 2011 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-10, 05:14 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was always surprised that the previous version of the Accord had LED tails, and this new one didn't.

It seems that Honda is going down the path of a lot of American car manufacturers of a decade ago, that they would just crank out all kinds of ugly cars, and just assume that us, the consumers will buy it just because it says Honda on the back of it.
Old 07-21-10, 05:57 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

alright whats up with Honda??? everything they've been making for awhile has gotten uglier and uglier... one of the few things they get right is their bikes and electrical generators....
Old 07-21-10, 07:17 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Peppy car......... fugly still IMO.
Old 07-21-10, 09:03 PM
superchan7
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That red strip on the back...come on. At least make it new and not borrow parts from your Asia-market cars.
Old 07-21-10, 10:02 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ecr527
I was always surprised that the previous version of the Accord had LED tails, and this new one didn't.

It seems that Honda is going down the path of a lot of American car manufacturers of a decade ago, that they would just crank out all kinds of ugly cars, and just assume that us, the consumers will buy it just because it says Honda on the back of it.
It also was updated twice.. a rarity (updated in 2005 then 2006)... mostly because the new Sonata looked like the updated Accord... that's just my guess... the LED model looked quite Americanized with the chunkier rear bumper.
Old 08-02-10, 06:19 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

The accord coupe remind me of the G Coupe from infinity...., I like it.
Old 08-02-10, 06:23 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The made a mess of that.
Old 08-02-10, 07:46 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Initial_K
The accord coupe remind me of the G Coupe from infinity...., I like it.
or the Altima coupe refresh

Old 08-02-10, 08:14 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by (Cj)
Oh God did anyone see how cheep and gaudy and ugly and words really can't describe, but this...

Seriously, what happened to Honda?
Looks like Honda decided to bring the JDM Inspire fascia over to the US...
Old 08-03-10, 05:34 AM
Benwilliam
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
As stated that 7 series rip off strip has been on the Honda INspire in Japan as well.

It is obvious Honda simply designs ugly vehicles. It is no longer a trend it is fact. They have the ugliest lineup today and that is their design. It gets worse with Acura.

However since blind people give them a pass and buy them, more power to Honda.
It's my prediction that the hens will come to rouse with Honda going forward. They have increasingly been releasing uncompetitive, underperforming, and uninspiring new vehicles for the last couple product cycles. Honda is quickly becoming not only a joke, but a tragedy in many product planner circles around the industry. Honda being totally unable to capitalize off of Toyota's woes should tell the entire story.
Old 08-03-10, 12:02 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Benwilliam
It's my prediction that the hens will come to rouse with Honda going forward. They have increasingly been releasing uncompetitive, underperforming, and uninspiring new vehicles for the last couple product cycles. Honda is quickly becoming not only a joke, but a tragedy in many product planner circles around the industry. Honda being totally unable to capitalize off of Toyota's woes should tell the entire story.
People are still buying civic and accords a plenty. I think I see more hondas here in Los Angeles than toyota.
Old 08-03-10, 12:32 PM
LexFather

Honda is doing dismal this year considering all of Toyota's bad news. Both brands dropped in July. Honda has not been able to take advantage.

In other words you are absolutely correct.

Old 08-03-10, 04:32 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Honda is doing dismal this year considering all of Toyota's bad news. Both brands dropped in July. Honda has not been able to take advantage.
Originally Posted by Initial_K
People are still buying civic and accords a plenty. I think I see more hondas here in Los Angeles than toyota.
Initial_K does have a point, Mike. Not only in L.A., but here in the D.C. area, the Civic and Accord have both been worshipped for decades....ugly or not. They both are as common in this area as corrupt politicians.
Old 08-03-10, 04:50 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Excellent points, I agree. I also think the new Odyssey is too polarizing of a design for families and I think Honda might mess up the new Civic. I think they will struggle with their new Odyssey, and they will be in deep trouble if they make the Civic any more polarizing than it already is.
Old 08-03-10, 05:55 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
I think Honda might mess up the new Civic. I think they will struggle with their new Odyssey, and they will be in deep trouble if they make the Civic any more polarizing than it already is.
For such a "polarizing" car, the Civic sure sells. I agree that the looks of the current-generation, inside and out, could be improved, but, IMO, it has arguably the best overall build-quality in its class....though some new small Hyundais come close.

Quick Reply: Honda releases info and images of revised 2011 Accord