Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Review: 2010 Cadillac CTS SportWagon

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-10, 06:46 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Thanks for the write up buddy.
Sure. Anytime.

I appreciate the window into this new vehicle. I like the interior fit and finish, but the cabin ( like you said) seems a bit tight, the price seems a bit high,
The salespeople said it could be special-ordered without a sunroof. That, of course, would add to the somewhat tight headroom, but it means a fairly long wait for delivery. Some non-sunroof models may already be available on the lot, but not many.

The price on this one, like I mentioned, was high because it was the top-line model. Base 3.0 RWD versions start from 38-40K.

and frankly a sport wagon seems contradictory . GM/Cadillac have been making some decent strides but they are not quite there yet imho
A number of manufacturers (mostly from Europe) have been doing SportWagons for some time now. But the concept, as you note, has not been well-embraced by most American and Asan manufacturers.
Old 07-12-10, 09:40 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Next planned full-reviews; 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback, 2011 Hyundai Equus, 2011 Honda CR-Z (though I may do some others in the meantime if needed)
Old 07-12-10, 10:50 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoyable read of a unique Caddy (even if overpriced).

Based on the test drive what was your take on the structural integrity/solidness when compared to the benchmarks like Benz/Lexus/BMW?
Old 07-12-10, 01:28 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Enjoyable read of a unique Caddy (even if overpriced).
Thanks.

The top-line model was pricey, but the entry-level models start at 38-40K, much more reasonable. Of course, they lack the 3.6 and the AWD.

Based on the test drive what was your take on the structural integrity/solidness when compared to the benchmarks like Benz/Lexus/BMW?
Not as stiff as a M-B, but then M-B and Volvo are known for exceptional chassis stiffness (outside of the safety-crumple zones). I'd say about even to most of its other competitors. And, perhaps most important, far better than the creak/squeak Catera and 1Gen CTS that preceeded it. The underhood cross-brace, of course, helps up front, though the open-rear end of the wagon body style lacks the extra bracing of a sedan behind the rear seat.