Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

HIN- NOPI Best Stance....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-10, 09:17 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AsGs300
you gotta be jokin! i thought u were being funny til i scrolled down some more!
and that was it ! the Eclipes!--- gotta be an inside thing!
I seriously thought Mark was joking too, lol

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
LMAO. are you serious? the donk eclipse won the best stance award? WOW
x2, just Wow!!

Originally Posted by Automan
When they announced it I almost died! I looked over and Daniel to see his reaction. He remained calm I didn't even see him roll his eyes. I went over to talk to the guy from HIN after the show and I told him that if they wanted to be taken seriously that they needed to do better than that. I said that makes you guys look like idiots man.
Kudos to you Mark for letting them know what's up. Unfortunately, from their history, it probably fell on deaf ears.

Originally Posted by N54MPower
The 2IS looks ok, the GS looks good and the NSX looks like garbage.

As for the winner.......that looks like typical NOPI judging from their hayday. Those guys never did quite "get it" and it doesn't look like much has changed.
I was hoping this would mark a new era for them, (I remember one year where a stock GS took first place over some clean, modified GS's), but looks like they haven't learned a single thing.

Its a Veilside kit on the NSX.
That's a clean NSX, me likey. Thanks for the heads up Mark. I was planning on going, but very hesitant due to past experiences, and wound up not going after all, and am sooooo glad I didn't waste my money, and more importantly my time to participate in this farce. I'm just sad that you and Daniel suffered through it, but thank you for your sacrifice, heheh. Now I know NOPI will never change, no matter who they team up with. They somehow manage to taint whatever they touch.
Old 08-02-10, 09:40 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by veritek
I'm just sad that you and Daniel suffered through it, but thank you for your sacrifice, heheh. Now I know NOPI will never change, no matter who they team up with. They somehow manage to taint whatever they touch.
Well you know me I am always down to go to a show even if ti is someones back yard. I had fun hanging out with a few of my teammates from Elite and got to make a few friends.

I think the problem with the judging was that they let some guys from a shop do the judging. I heard it was guys from D&D Customs. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. Well the problem with that is that most of their clientele is the donk/DUB crew which I have nothing against but they are not fit to judge an import car show. Almost everyone that won awards was saying yeah I have this on 28s or this on 26s. Once again nothing against the donks or any other style they put time and money into their cars as well and some of them are well done in that style. However judging must be done with a certain level of knowledge otherwise you will lose the competitors. We know what is and is not quality parts and work.
Old 08-02-10, 10:11 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-02-10, 11:16 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

wow, I have to say something here... the end is near my friends the end is near!
Old 08-02-10, 11:20 AM
RAWKUSsd
Driver

some dope cars minus the the eclipse
Old 08-02-10, 11:23 AM
alexdan
Driver

I thought at first that the eclipse pic was a pic of a remote control car LOL.. looked better and i saw it was a real car. Dont think its a show winner but it is kinda cool.. give props to who ever built the car (must be a brother, if u know what i mean) non the less its cool IMO> its diff but not a show winner.... maybe a little trophy and a pad on the back>>
Old 08-02-10, 11:28 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

that GS's stance looks proper....love that NSX btw...
Old 08-02-10, 11:39 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder how those eclipse wheels would look on a GS....
Old 08-02-10, 12:02 PM
Damnnchi
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

It was a pleasure meeting you Mark! Can't wait to see your car all VIP! We need more VIP cars down here =/.

The judges were whack! but seemed like the cars had to be riced out to win anything. But it's whatever, I'm just trying to support the scene. Hopefully next time, they will make it better.
Old 08-02-10, 12:07 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by alexdan
give props to who ever built the car (must be a brother, if u know what i mean)
You know what is really funny.. and Daniel can confirm this. Most of the guys that had these donks were white guys. There were at least 5 or 6 of them that we on the stage saying in a deep southern accent "i'm so and so from TenASee I got the Caprice on 26's" I was like wow seriously. It was kinda funny but like it or not the donk scene is legit in the car show world.
Old 08-02-10, 12:30 PM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you school me here and clarify why you think the NSX looks like garbage? I liked it a lot one of my favorite cars from the show.
I'm not a fan of the overdone styling on most Veilside kits and this car is no exception. I prefer a look that compliments the stock lines of the car and look like they might have come on the car instead of something that looks added on. The ride height is another issue for me - it looks like a 4 X 4.

I'm sure the actual body work on the car is good and some things need to be seen in person to be appreciated.....this might be one of those cases. You can have agressive without being overdone, where people who know " what's up" can appreciate what's done to the car. My statements are based on personal preference and should in no way take away what your opinion is of the car though.
Old 08-02-10, 02:45 PM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Ahaha wooooowww i thought you were joking i was waiting for the punch line but nothing haha cant believe you guys kept your cool i wouldve been like this what your serious then walked up to the judge an haha
Old 08-02-10, 03:13 PM
marus
Pole Position

how hard is it to organize a car show?....
Old 08-02-10, 07:07 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

WOW
I hate donks w/ a passion!!
Old 08-02-10, 07:16 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Alabama. And Donks. They go hand in hand.

Quick Reply: HIN- NOPI Best Stance....