Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota Alphard Left-Hand Drive Version (Made In Japan; Philippine-Spec Version Debut)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-10, 09:31 PM
lex-phil
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, Filipinos can now own an Alphard...a van I'm sure they see a lot in their shopping trips to HK.

This is already everywhere in Jakarta, Indonesia. So common that they use it as taxis too. Any word if they will sell the Vellfire in the Philippines, Blackraven?
Old 08-04-10, 12:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
I'd really love to try those back seats on for size...in Japan and elsewhere in Asia, some of these Alphards are fitted with Lexus badges by their owners...
i have seen these in hong kong and seriously, imho they are lexus badge worthy. by comparison, the sienna limited is nice but the alphard top model is way better
Old 08-04-10, 05:55 AM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Nobody does minivans as well as the Japanese in my opinion. If you look at the vans they sell in the Japanese market, these can easily pass as premium cars. It doesn't matter if it's a Nissan Elgrand or Toyota Alphard, they look amazing inside with great attention to detail.

That said, I think they'd have a difficult time selling in markets outside of Japan. The fondness of minivans, especially with an almost luxury-treated interior, isn't to great in say Europe or North America.
Old 08-04-10, 07:30 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lex-phil
Nice, Filipinos can now own an Alphard...a van I'm sure they see a lot in their shopping trips to HK.

This is already everywhere in Jakarta, Indonesia. So common that they use it as taxis too. Any word if they will sell the Vellfire in the Philippines, Blackraven?
Looks like Vellfire is Japan-only. It would be hard to sell different versions of the exact same car in markets outside JDM-land.

However, if you wanna to do your own modifications/alterations, then feel free to do so. I remember seeing someone do that on his current gen Previa.

Anyways, more pics will come or should come this weekend.
Old 08-04-10, 07:54 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

hmmm the Alphard I see on a day to day basis is different than this one...a lot more sleek. Anyways another car that I think should be thrown in the ring is the Honda Elysion. That car is THE MOST good looking people carrier I have ever seen in my life!
Old 08-04-10, 09:54 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kaydee
hmmm the Alphard I see on a day to day basis is different than this one...a lot more sleek. Anyways another car that I think should be thrown in the ring is the Honda Elysion. That car is THE MOST good looking people carrier I have ever seen in my life!
There were *rumors* that Honda would kill the Elysion and Elysion Prestige......though I hope those aren't true (cause it is one of their top-five best looking vehicles to-date). If they were smart, they should create an LHD version for the lucrative Mainland China market to compete with the new LHD Alphard and China-made Mazda 8 over there.

If they do that, then they can launch it other LHD territories as well.

If Honda were smart, they should capitalize on the Elysion which is an asset.....rather on liabilities (like the ZDX flagsh1t boat-mobile......cause it looks like a boat :P)
Old 08-04-10, 10:00 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DustinV
That said, I think they'd have a difficult time selling in markets outside of Japan. The fondness of minivans, especially with an almost luxury-treated interior, isn't to great in say Europe or North America.
I don't know about Europe, but minivans are huge sellers in the US.
Old 08-04-10, 10:18 AM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Bring it here. It is one of the three Toyotas that I wish to be sold in the U.S., and they are Alphard, Chaser and Crown.
Old 08-04-10, 11:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
Bring it here. It is one of the three Toyotas that I wish to be sold in the U.S., and they are Alphard, Chaser and Crown.
no kidding. we don't even consider the sienna and odyssey, but if they bring over the alphard, i think i might get the ok from my wife!
Old 08-05-10, 11:20 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

I just got to sit in a white-colored Toyota Alphard a while ago (at Toyota Makati) and boy, this car really feels like I'm in house......a high-end residence.

There is indeed a lot to talk about regarding this car. Homey interior, a front that has presence, power-sliding doors and tailgate, high-end looking steering wheel, tons of other amenities and the like

and damn, those second-row OTTOMAN SEATS are amazing. I couldn't have ever imagined that 'airline seats' would ever be introduced into an automobile...

And my gosh, those second-row ottoman seats have power recline function...

Two thumbs up

P.S.
Also, didn't expect the extended footrest either (which is made of carpet). Holy smokes.....

Anyways more pics should come in this weekend when I visit the Toyota Tent Event to take some pictures
Old 08-05-10, 11:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Blackraven
I just got to sit in a white-colored Toyota Alphard a while ago (at Toyota Makati) and boy, this car really feels like I'm in house......a high-end residence.

There is indeed a lot to talk about regarding this car. Homey interior, a front that has presence, power-sliding doors and tailgate, high-end looking steering wheel, tons of other amenities and the like

and damn, those second-row OTTOMAN SEATS are amazing. I couldn't have ever imagined that 'airline seats' would ever be introduced into an automobile...

And my gosh, those second-row ottoman seats have power recline function...

Two thumbs up

P.S.
Also, didn't expect the extended footrest either (which is made of carpet). Holy smokes.....

Anyways more pics should come in this weekend when I visit the Toyota Tent Event to take some pictures
you making me very very jealous man!~~~
Old 08-06-10, 11:57 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
no kidding. we don't even consider the sienna and odyssey, but if they bring over the alphard, i think i might get the ok from my wife!
lots of aftermarket goodies for the alphard! if it comes over and you get it, i can't wait to see what kit/wheels you put on it!
Old 08-08-10, 03:52 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Hehe this thread is useless without more pics right? So yeah, here ya go:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...but/?start=all

Old 08-08-10, 03:53 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Continuation

Initial impressions/comments/feedback/commentary/etc

-Awesome vehicle
Expect nothing less of comfort, prestige and grandeur with this vehicle
-Exterior with presence
This definitely taller than the Previa and hence will have more road presence. IMHO, the front grille looks real clean and really noticeable. Traditionally, the front grille features the "Alphard shield logo" that is seen especially in JDM models.......but for LHD versions including ours, we get the Toyota logo which is what I like more personally and this helps people in knowing that this car is a Toyota
-Interior is nothing short of extraordinary
If you're already wowed by the interior of the Previa, then you will breath will be taken away with what you see inside this vehicle.
-Creature comforts
You get stuff like memory seat settings for the power-adjustable driver's seat (which AFAIK is a FIRST in any Toyota vehicle here in the Philippines) along with triple-zone auto climate control/air-conditioning system.
-Awesome seats
The front passenger also gets power seat functions and the same goes for the second-row seats which are nothing short of extraordinary
-Second-row seats
The Previa set the stage for second row ottoman captain-seats but this car takes it a step further. Power reclining and adjustability is availability and man THESE SEATS ARE REALLY COMFORTABLE. Indeed perfect for taking naps and for sleeping (especially during long journeys). Another comment about the second row seats is that they have this certain partition (or whatever it is cause I can't seem to explain it) but in any case, it really makes it look even more prestigious. Heck, they really look like airline seats that you see in business or first class cabins . Definitely classy.
-Footrests everywhere
Every ottoman seat gets it. The front passenger gets it and the same goes for the second row people and these all are POWER-ADJUSTABLE. Heck, for added bonus, second-row peeps get accessed to a stowable extended footrest thingy (as seen in one of these pics) and my, these things are carpeted. Holy crap, really a lot of attention to detail.
-Dual sun-roof/moon-roof
With extremely hot and humid weather here in the Philippines, one questions the need for this. However, for those couples and those who are dating or those have a boyfriend/girlfriend (or someone special seated beside you), then you can let take a glimpse of the beautiful sky above or just go star-gazing while inside the vehicle. Heck, if you're in a mountain or cold area up there (like in Baguio or in Tagaytay), then you can just open those roofs and let the fresh cool air from outside come in and let it surround the cabin...
-Lighting effect
The rear occupants will treasure this more and this adds to the effect. These are LED-powered (which is the same as what you see in new-and-upcoming aircraft like Airbus A350 and A380 and the Boeing 787). Heck AFAIK, if I know it right, NO OTHER VEHICLE IN THE COUNTRY HAS THIS........UNTIL NOW (so if true, then this is indeed the FIRST vehicle in the Philippines to have such a feature as part of standard equipment in an automobile).

With that said, I guess that's all I can say for now because there is too many nice things to say about this vehicle that can't be put into one forum post. So with that, admire the vehicle and bow in praise to this fantastic and majestic vehicle.

Thank god that Toyota has released a LEFT-HAND DRIVE version of this epic automobile icon.

ALL HAIL ALPHARD!!! ALL HAIL KING ALPHARD!!!

P.S.
To other auto manufacturers and competitors out there: Release your products and competing offerings and JOIN in the celebration that is the PREMIUM PEOPLE-MOVER SEGMENT!!!!

Old 08-08-10, 05:19 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lol brian, you'd rock it too?
Oh, absolutely Henry. I've become a fan of JDM vans after seeing what can be done to them. I'm hoping to import one of the premium vans and a Crown Majesta/Athlete in the future.

Thanks for the pics and firsthand review Blackraven.

Quick Reply: Toyota Alphard Left-Hand Drive Version (Made In Japan; Philippine-Spec Version Debut)