Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Sonata on BBS LM's...SiCk!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-10, 10:21 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that looks good. Would love to see an Accord or Camry even start to look half that gangster
Old 08-02-10, 11:34 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

The stock chrome side strip ruins it all. Can't have a sporty look with that thing on there. Also, wheels look fussy and too delicate- not a sporting trait.
I agree about the beached whale look. That low to the ground makes it look like a big blob. I've seen better and I've seen worse. I do however tip my hat to Hyundai for creating a body that isn't boring. Hoovey said it good..."unique."
Old 08-03-10, 01:12 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if you put BBS LM's on ANY car it would look great lol. I kinda like this setup though.
Old 08-03-10, 02:09 AM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

You can tell the photos are in Korea, where Hyundai controls a vast majority of the market. If we lived there, we'd all be fixing up our Hyundais too.

I'm not sure of the price of LM's in Korea, but look how inexpensive they can be when buying used from Japan, even after being imported to the US: http://www.vrwheels.com/index.php?ma...5a456b55076813
Old 08-03-10, 03:42 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

I managed to get my hand to my mouth... vomit still came out of my nose

Absolute epic FAIL
Old 08-03-10, 03:58 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Over done and too low. The BBS's could look nice but everything else is overkill. Er.. IMO
Old 08-03-10, 05:11 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee
Not feeling it! The car looks like an alien spaceship from Star Trek or a really bad CGI movie on the Sci-Fi Network.....just saying.
it's the klingon-mobile.
Old 08-03-10, 05:39 AM
Benwilliam
Driver School Candidate

How many have sampled the new Sonata at length?

On the outset, compared to a Camry and Accord, it seems to be quite competitive, with the engines standing out the most. Unfortunately, the vehicle, in my opinion, seems a bit too "me too" in substance. There is nothing extremely innovative or "first-class" about the design of the Sonata, which comes off as garish in real life situations. I have spoken with a Hyundai regional sales manager who has lamented to me that the design, while a bold effort to imitate the CLS, was accomplished and transposed much more gracefully and effortlessly with the Volkswagen "CC". Both of these vehicles were designed, drawn and brought to market at the roughly the same time, both inspired to be more affordable offspring of that Mercedes-Benz. The Hyundai simply seems less authentic than the Camry, which isn't trying to be something it's not. The "CC" gets by as more than just a lifeless clone as it shows a bit more character and flair in appearance and substance, with prices that can reach quite up into the sky.
Old 08-03-10, 07:07 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Benwilliam
How many have sampled the new Sonata at length?
Uhhh... I have, almost traded my 09 Sonata Limited for one... drove it at length many times

On the outset, compared to a Camry and Accord, it seems to be quite competitive, with the engines standing out the most. Unfortunately, the vehicle, in my opinion, seems a bit too "me too" in substance. There is nothing extremely innovative or "first-class" about the design of the Sonata, which comes off as garish in real life situations.. .
In what way???

I have spoken with a Hyundai regional sales manager who has lamented to me that the design, while a bold effort to imitate the CLS, was accomplished and transposed much more gracefully and effortlessly with the Volkswagen "CC". Both of these vehicles were designed, drawn and brought to market at the roughly the same time, both inspired to be more affordable offspring of that Mercedes-Benz. The Hyundai simply seems less authentic than the Camry, which isn't trying to be something it's not. The "CC" gets by as more than just a lifeless clone as it shows a bit more character and flair in appearance and substance, with prices that can reach quite up into the sky.
Fair enough observations, but I would not put the CC in the same class as a Sonata... the VW example would be the Passat. The CC competes with the Genesis, no contest there.
Old 08-03-10, 07:41 AM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

yeah its definitely unique. i like it
Old 08-03-10, 08:10 AM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

The LMs look good, kit does not. LMs improve almost every car.
Old 08-03-10, 11:07 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Looks pretty good..
Old 08-03-10, 11:29 AM
E6BAV8R
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Why, I ask, why?

That looks terrible, absolutely terrible. Excuse me while I go throw up.
QFT
Old 08-03-10, 11:56 AM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

That car look nice. Any other good looking sonata out there besides the one posted here.
Old 08-03-10, 12:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
I managed to get my hand to my mouth... vomit still came out of my nose

Absolute epic FAIL

If it was an IS you would be drooling and this car look way better than an IS with its squashed body and high ***. Its a good looking car. No other way to look at it in my book. To each his own but come on man " managed to get my hand to my mouth" really???

Quick Reply: New Sonata on BBS LM's...SiCk!!!