Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Sonata on BBS LM's...SiCk!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-10, 12:10 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by madoka
There's a handful of vocal Hyundai haters on this board. I don't see this much hate on Hyundai in any other car forum.
There's a group of VERY vocal Hyundai supporters on CL as well. Do you actually expect huge Hyundai support on a Lexus forum?

For that matter, do have some sort of expectation that EVERY forum must support Hyundai?

Shouldn't Hyundai supporters be on a, you know, Hyundai forum? Seems logical to me.

Last edited by TRDFantasy; 08-04-10 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-04-10, 12:24 PM
madoka
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Do you actually expect huge Hyundai support on a Lexus forum?
So in your black/white world, you can't both like Hyundai and Lexus?

For that matter, do have some sort of expectation that EVERY forum must support Hyundai?
No, but for a forum that prides itself in being even-handed, I see a very clear bias regarding Hyundai.

Shouldn't Hyundai supporters be on a, you know, Hyundai forum? Seems logical to me.
Only if you live in your black/white world.
Old 08-04-10, 12:41 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I see a lot of Lexus bashing in MB forums. I don't go to BMW forums - too many idiots acting snobby because they're leasing a 1-series.
hahaha right on,,,
Old 08-04-10, 12:57 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
The new Sonata looks allright, not really better or worse than Camry and Accord. I personally don't really care about it, or any other car in it's segment. They are all boring basic transportation, none of them are original, but more like weird - and that applies to Camry, Accord and Sonata. I'd rather see cars in this segment go back to conservative styling of the 90ies.

This modified Sonata however is just ridiculous and ugly. I don't get it why people molest their cars in such way. It costs a ton of money to buy and install the parts, and as a result you get ridiculous looks, completely destroy driveability, reliability, practicality, handling, braking, etc.
majority of this board modify their car to make it stand out, or personalize it to their standard. do you say the same about any modified vehicle or just to this segment alone?

and that additional image makes it look even better...i could care less of what anyone else says about the car...but it is definitely well done. it perfect wheel fitment, lip kit isnt overly aggressive and the stance sits it just right. from my good ol' pals roger and ebert -->
Old 08-04-10, 12:57 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Lets not stereotype here. Its quite hypocritical for someone to accuse someone else of living in a B&W world, and then to say that BMW forums are full of idiots and MB forums are full of bashers.

There are a number of Hyundai enthusiasts on this forums, and a number of Hyundai critics. But most here probably simply do not care about Hyundai. This is the most balanced and mature car forum I've seen, and I'm sure many feel the same.

If you can't the Hyundai criticism from some of us on here, you can use the ignore button. But theres no reason to accuse people who criticize Hyundai of being "bashers". If Clublexus members came to Hyundai forum to bash on Hyundai, that would be a different story. But this is Car Chat, and everyone here is entitled to their own opinion. You can't expect everyone to like Hyundai, and coming here to attack anyone who dares to criticize Hyundai is just silly.
Old 08-04-10, 12:59 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by baddis es
majority of this board modify their car to make it stand out, or personalize it to their standard. do you say the same about any modified vehicle or just to this segment alone?
I consider ANY vehicle modified to such degree ridiculous. I'm very conservative when it comes to styling, and I prefer factory looks. None of my cars are modified.
Old 08-04-10, 01:00 PM
Benwilliam
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Och
The new Sonata looks allright, not really better or worse than Camry and Accord. I personally don't really care about it, or any other car in it's segment. They are all boring basic transportation, none of them are original, but more like weird - and that applies to Camry, Accord and Sonata. I'd rather see cars in this segment go back to conservative styling of the 90ies.
This an extremely narrow-minded point of view. Vehicles in the mid-size class are not all boring basic transportation. The Camry and Accord do not have any sporting intentions, true, but consumers in America don't seem to care if sales number are any indicator.

This modified Sonata however is just ridiculous and ugly. I don't get it why people molest their cars in such way. It costs a ton of money to buy and install the parts, and as a result you get ridiculous looks, completely destroy driveability, reliability, practicality, handling, braking, etc.
Agreed, but in my opinion all "rice" modding of Asian cars is ridiculous and ugly.
Old 08-04-10, 01:01 PM
madoka
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Och
This is the most balanced and mature car forum I've seen, and I'm sure many feel the same.
How balanced and mature was this statement of yours:

Originally Posted by Och
No. I'd rather drive a 1970 civic with 500,000 miles on the clock than a top of the line Genesis. In fact, I wouldn't even take a crap into the Genesis, never mind driving one. I have zero respect for them as a company, and I would be embarrased to be associated with them in any way.
Old 08-04-10, 01:07 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Benwilliam
This an extremely narrow-minded point of view. Vehicles in the mid-size class are not all boring basic transportation. The Camry and Accord do not have any sporting intentions, true, but consumers in America don't seem to care if sales number are any indicator.
I don't see what is the disagreement here? I just stated my opinion that cars in this class are boring transportation, and I fully agree, consumers don't care, most of them want exactly that - practical, reliable, safe, inexpensive family transportation. They do not appeal to me as I'm able to afford something a little bit more premium, and I'm sure many here feel the same way. However if my budget was limited to that type of vehicles, I'd probably drive a Camry.

Agreed, but in my opinion all "rice" modding of Asian cars is ridiculous and ugly.
Same here, and not only Asian, but all cars. I don't consider it modding, I consider it molesting.
Old 08-04-10, 01:13 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

How balanced and mature was this statement of yours:
This is my opinion, taken out of context, and I don't know why you keep bringing it up and taking offense to it. It's not like I came on Hyundai board and posted that.

Like I said, in Car Chat everyone is entitled to their opinion on a car. If you don't disagree, you're welcome to ignore or argue your own opinion. But there's no reason to call people bashers or idiots.
Old 08-04-10, 01:21 PM
Benwilliam
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Och
I don't see what is the disagreement here? I just stated my opinion that cars in this class are boring transportation, and I fully agree, consumers don't care, most of them want exactly that - practical, reliable, safe, inexpensive family transportation. They do not appeal to me as I'm able to afford something a little bit more premium, and I'm sure many here feel the same way. However if my budget was limited to that type of vehicles, I'd probably drive a Camry.
Well there are other cars in the segment other than those three you mentioned that are more premium, do drive better, and look better. The first cars that come to my mind are the Mazda 6, Acura TSX and the VW Passat. They all cost thousands more, but are all a nice halfway point between an Accord and a 3-Series BMW.
Old 08-04-10, 01:22 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Well there are other cars in the segment other than those three you mentioned that are more premium, do drive better, and look better. The first cars that come to my mind are the Mazda 6, Acura TSX and the VW Passat. They all cost thousands more, but are all a nice halfway point between an Accord and a 3-Series BMW.
Thats the whole point

You also forgot Avalon and Maxima. If I was looking for a car in that halfway point, I think Maxima would be hard to beat.
Old 08-04-10, 01:28 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Och
.... This is the most balanced and mature car forum I've seen, and I'm sure many feel the same. ...
Quote of the day

AMEN!!!

Originally Posted by Och
This is my opinion, taken out of context, and I don't know why you keep bringing it up and taking offense to it. It's not like I came on Hyundai board and posted that.
Ehhh.... I'm feeling a political air...

Like I said, in Car Chat everyone is entitled to their opinion on a car. If you don't disagree, you're welcome to ignore or argue your own opinion. But there's no reason to call people bashers or idiots.
TRUE DAT!!! .... deja vu...Guys, are we all up for re-election?? I feel like I'm walking the halls of Congress...

WHAT WAS THE THREAD ABOUT AGAIN??? Oh yeah, a body kit on a Sonata... look.... there's oil washing up on the beach... what deficit? Healthcare???
Old 08-04-10, 01:32 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
Quote of the day

AMEN!!!

Ehhh.... I'm feeling a political air...

TRUE DAT!!! .... deja vu...Guys, are we all up for re-election?? I feel like I'm walking the halls of Congress...

WHAT WAS THE THREAD ABOUT AGAIN??? Oh yeah, a body kit on a Sonata... look.... there's oil washing up on the beach... what deficit? Healthcare???
LOL, rdgdawg for president!!!

Healthcare... oil... body kit on Sonata?

The deal is off!!! Again!!!

Old 08-04-10, 01:36 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Hyundai is making strides and taken as it is, this is a tuners modded car we're discussing too. Personally, I like the Genesis look but this one is reasonable. It has cues from other previous designs but so too do many other manufacturers cars.

Some of my car buddies lurk these forums and when they see the LS and GS on air with big wheels with little tires put in parking lot stance...they have interesting comments like above. All personal expression so like art, some will like and others not.

Quick Reply: New Sonata on BBS LM's...SiCk!!!