Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New one-off Pagani Zonda HH (updated)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-10, 07:42 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default New one-off Pagani Zonda HH (updated)

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...da-hh-revealed
Last week word broke that an unnamed American buyer had commissioned a special one-off Pagani Zonda "HH" model, and today we have the first full images of the car. Expected to be based on a mashup of the Zonda Cinque and Zonda F Roadster, the HH roadster could make its public debut this fall at the Paris Auto Show.
Power should come from the same Mercedes-sourced 7.3-liter V-12 engine rated at 680-horsepower and 576 pound-feet of torque found in other Zondas, delivering 0-62 mph times in the 3.4-second range and a top speed in excess of 217 mph. Not bad for a convertible.
Price, as with any Zonda, but particularly a commissioned special-edition, will be in the stratosphere: expect seven digits on the receipt.
Attached Thumbnails New one-off Pagani Zonda HH (updated)-pagani-zonda-hh-reve_800x0w.jpg   New one-off Pagani Zonda HH (updated)-pagani-zonda-hh-reve-1w.jpg  
Old 08-03-10, 01:22 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not the best looking, but it's a beast.
Old 08-12-10, 02:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Its funny how many times the boys at Pagani have said this is the last version. I love the Zonda and would say keep them coming. In the end money talks and BS walks. If a customer offers 2.5 million for a special edition car I am sure Horacio Pagani will meet the request
Old 08-12-10, 03:46 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

I like it.
Old 08-12-10, 04:22 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

looks insane
Old 08-12-10, 04:36 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I like the blue. Can we figure out who "HH" is?
Old 08-12-10, 04:37 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd rather spend the money on a Koenigsegg
Old 08-12-10, 06:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I think the Pagani looks nicer than the Koenigsegg. The Koenigsegg can not offer CARBOTANIUM. This is Pagani's exclusive new wonder material
Old 11-12-10, 06:01 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Owner of this car is on a Lambo forum. Recently took delivery.

I'm finally ready to show a few teasers of this amazing new project that I'm so proud to be a part of. When I went to visit the Pagani factory on a recent road trip, I learned that it was still possible to have a Zonda made. The Zonda F Roadster is my ultimate dream car, so it didn't take long to decide that I needed to do this.

It turned out to be even cooler, though. I've basically commissioned Pagani to build me a special one-off that's going to be called the Pagani Zonda HH. It'll use most of the bodywork of a Zonda F Roadster, but have the upgraded 680 hp Cinque engine as well as the carbon-titanium tub, ceramic coated titanium exhaust, etc. The car is going to weigh around 1210 kg (2670 pounds).

I'm currently in the midsts of designing this car with Mr. Pagani and his team of designers. It's going to be complete this year.

Unfortunately, there's (almost) no way of getting this car into the US. So I'll be keeping the car in Switzerland and spend about a 1/4 of the year there. This car is amazing enough that I'm willing to live on another continent to enjoy it wink.gif.

I'll be sure to update when there are some more, final renderings of the car available. For now, there are a few teaser shots here: http://www.zondahh.com/

Old 11-12-10, 06:15 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Took delivery of the car tonight in Spain. My mind is blown. Only did two short trips (to and from a restaurant) and even kept it below 5K rpm (engine break-in is 500 km) and it's just insane. Utterly insane. The engine makes the most glorious sound, sputtering on overruns and shrieks on upshifts. The ride is incredibly nice: completely stable, yet totally compliant.

This is the greatest car on earth.

Going to Ascari tomorrow to drive the Zonda R.

I've put 800 kilometers on the car so far. I need another 200 kilometers before the engine is properly broken in and I can take it all the way to the redline.

The car is simply amazing. The best way I can explain it is that I'd gladly give up all my other cars and drive a regular Audi as a daily driver if I could only have this car.

The occasion of the drive, the sound, the craftsmanship, the speed, the handling, the light weight, everything is just so far above anything else I've ever driven, it's crazy.

I really don't understand how Pagani is able to do this. Yes, the car is expensive, but many other cars are more and imo much less of a package.

The hardtop is perfect too. It makes the car look almost exactly like the coupe. It only takes a short time to put on and it doesn't leak (tested it in a downpour today!). Lambo could learn something for the new V12 roadster.
I passed the engine break-in period today on a 400 km drive to Cadiz. That meant all restrictions were gone and I could take the car to its 7000 rpm redline. The noises this car makes at the top end are epic. I have multiple videos of going through tunnels along the Spanish coast today and I can only say that I've never heard such symphony before.

This car is truly rapid at the top end. When you're cruising at 100mph and floor it, it feels like what happens when I do that in the Gallardo at 50. The acceleration is intense, but the car stays supremely planted the whole way up to 180mph ("closed course, professional driver, blah, blah").

I drove the trip out with the top up and back with it off. The top is 1000x better than the Murci tent. It's a solid piece of carbon fiber that clips in, and once in place, it shields road and wind noise very well. Doesn't do much to damper the noise of the engine in the back, though wink.gif.

Unfortunately it's time to head home tomorrow, but the car will be staying here in the south of Spain. I've been incredibly impressed with the roads, the scenery, the climate, the food, and the people here. I'll be back in 6 weeks or so for another go. Could definitely see coming here on a more frequent, permanent basis.