Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

First Official Image Of James Glickenhaus’ Ferrari P4/5 Competizione

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-10, 02:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default First Official Image Of James Glickenhaus’ Ferrari P4/5 Competizione

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...5-competizione
It's been almost four years since James Glickenhaus commissioned his custom Pininfarina-penned Ferrari Enzo-based P4/5 supercar, but the excitement has begun to build back up following the release of this official rendering submitted to the guys at Jalopnik by James Glickenhaus himself.
The new Ferrari P4/5 Competizione is being designed primarily for motorsport use and will compete next year at the Nurburgring 24 Hours endurance race. Under the pretty sheet metal is the same race-bred suspension setup and V-8 powertrain from the Ferrari F430 GT2 ALMS car.
However, part of the chassis is based on the structure underpinning the F430 Scuderia. The reason for this is because Glickenhaus hopes to eventually make the car street-legal.
There’s no word on what race class the car will compete in but according to FIA sources it will be classified in the same experimental grouping as Porsche's upcoming 918 Spyder and 911 GT3 R Hybrid.
Attached Thumbnails -james-glickenhaus-ferrari-p4-5-competizione-rendering_100318148_l.jpg