Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

road rage- with a twist

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-10, 02:57 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not happening, cops won't waste time talking to somebody about a situation that is hearsay.
Old 08-10-10, 03:41 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
... The bad guy actually apologized and turned respectful! This is something I've never seen before. Usually the jerk drivers never admit to wrong and want to fight further. This guy was actually sorry (or scared) and wanted it to end.
The bad guy was merely observant. If your dad is like me, he gets this vein that bulges in his temple when he's really mad. My kids knew just how far they could push me when they were teens.
Old 08-10-10, 03:43 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caddyowner
The bad guy was merely observant. If your dad is like me, he gets this vein that bulges in his temple when he's really mad. My kids knew just how far they could push me when they were teens.
Agreed, and he had better things to do than sit there and argue.
Old 08-10-10, 05:07 PM
LexFather

Nice story...most people are punks...they get behind the wheel and think that they are invincible....had something similar happen to some punk in a FX45....sucker started apologizing to me as I must have looked pretty pissed...

Old 08-10-10, 05:28 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Road Rage incidents can have pretty bad endings a lot of folks get hurt or killed around here. I try to keep my cool and usually don't bother with others.
Old 08-10-10, 05:29 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the way i see it... the guy in the new S-class backed down cuz of a crazy man in a MDX... i too would back down from a nut job in a soccer mom car cuz if he bangs me with it i would be the loser and not the soccer mom vehicle
Old 08-10-10, 09:35 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts

I had a similar driving scenario this afternoon. I'm humming along at posted, with no traffic in front or behind...soccer mom whizzes by at about 10-15 over the limit and cuts less than a car length in front of me then hits the brakes...no turn signal indicated either. Left me wondering where driver courtesy went. All that to get one car ahead of me at the light...amazing.
Old 08-10-10, 09:39 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by RA40
I had a similar driving scenario this afternoon. I'm humming along at posted, with no traffic in front or behind...soccer mom whizzes by at about 10-15 over the limit and cuts less than a car length in front of me then hits the brakes...no turn signal indicated either. Left me wondering where driver courtesy went. All that to get one car ahead of me at the light...amazing.
How did you handle it?
Old 08-10-10, 11:48 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

I like your dad. Sounds like I would get along with him...unless Im on the other side of his window
Old 08-11-10, 12:46 AM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It's certainly nice to see that there are still some people that have class enough to apologize when a negative issue arises because of their actions. He could have just ignored everything and went on his way after the light turned green.

Kudos to the man.
Old 08-11-10, 01:07 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Micaiah
It's certainly nice to see that there are still some people that have class enough to apologize when a negative issue arises because of their actions. He could have just ignored everything and went on his way after the light turned green.

Kudos to the man.
I'm on the fence with his apology. At first he played stupid and asked my dad why he wasn't a "gentleman" to let him in. That, after purposely driving evasive and totally cutting us off moments earlier. So according to this guy, my dad should have been more of a gentleman to that type of action? I don't think so. This guy's driving was wrong and the blame can't be put elsewhere, which is what he first tried doing. Regardless, it's rare for anyone to say they are sorry. So I do give him credit for that.