Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Birdman buy $2.1M Bugatti

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-10, 03:48 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Birdman buy $2.1M Bugatti

lol I REALLY can't stand this guy or his music but props where props are due.

Southern rapper Birdman is showing off the kind of toy a few million dollars can buy: the Bugatti Veyron. The European sports car is not only one of the most expensive things you can buy on four wheels, but it's also the fastest street car on the planet. .

Birdman, who goes by his real name, Bryan Williams, when he's doing business as the CEO of Cash Money Records, is making sure everyone knows about his $2.1 million mode of transportation, too. The Dirty South rapper and his crew snapped some shots of the all-red sports car while holding a business card that reads "I am expensive," a statement which would be pretty hard to argue with, given the car's estimated $300,000 annual upkeep costs..

Dressed in an all-red Adidas hoodie and track pants to match his Bugatti's veneer, Birdman and co. also filmed the delivery of the car for edification of the Internet community. The video also shows off all the luxury car's bells and whistles - including an adjustable spoiler and an ignition key that looks more like a Swiss army knife. The video signs off with the MC/CEO taking his speedy car for a test spin, and Birdman wisely keeps the car under the speed limit -- at least while the camera is still rolling..

And where speed limits aren't an issue, this car can go fast. The Bugatti Veyron has an average top speed of 267 miles per hour according to the Guinness Book of World Records. That's faster than a Formula One car -- not to mention about one-third of the speed of sound..

Obviously, there aren't too many places you can drive a street car at that velocity, but that's probably not a huge concern since experts at Top Gear estimate the Bugatti would run out of fuel in about 12 minutes at its top speed. Not that you'd want to keep going past 12 minutes, anyway -- Top Gear also says the Bugatti's specialty tires would begin to disintegrate after about 15 minutes..

Really though, it's probably high time Birdman got around to buying a Bugatti, considering the cover of his last album showed him proudly leaning on one. That album, "Pricele$$," may not have raced up the charts with the speed of his $2.1 million car, but his decade-plus history of music-making and business savvy has clearly given Birdman enough dough to pick up this plaything of the uber-rich..

And that puts him in good company, considering Simon Cowell and Tom Cruise are two other famous Bugatti drivers. Hopefully, though, Birdman will have an easier time getting in and out of his Bugatti than Tom Cruise did.

Old 08-12-10, 03:59 PM
LexFather

Horrible rapper that seemingly knows about business. Been in the game ten years and still spending lavishly. Never seen an all red Veyron, nice. Good for him!

Old 08-12-10, 04:22 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

I like that color scheme too
Old 08-12-10, 04:46 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great, no ugly two-tone! All Veyrons and Audi R8s should have a one-color look. Two-tone just doesn't work very well.
Old 08-12-10, 04:59 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

I would say I am in the wrong business, but nope. It probably take me 40 years to become the next Ralph Lauren, but so be it.
Old 08-12-10, 05:56 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Did he buy the car or the track suit first ...
Old 08-12-10, 06:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

nice ride. At least he learned that the money is not in the music. Its in the production.
Old 08-12-10, 06:11 PM
TGood
Driver School Candidate

that dude made over $100 million in oil last year. he owns an offshore drilling company. i forget the name, but he's a silent owner who invested the capitol to start it. he's by no means a bad business man.
Old 08-12-10, 06:17 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Bronald Oil & Gas LLC

proves money can't buy you class IMO.
Old 08-12-10, 08:11 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^yezzur...
Old 08-13-10, 04:04 AM
Corey140
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TGood
that dude made over $100 million in oil last year. he owns an offshore drilling company. i forget the name, but he's a silent owner who invested the capitol to start it. he's by no means a bad business man.
How is that possible and all the links I"m seeing says the company was formed this year?

Either way, I wonder if he ever rebuilt up his car collection after Hurricane Katrina. I remember, when he was on MTV Cribs, he had upwards of 50 cars .
Old 08-13-10, 04:08 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

All these music "stars"...
Old 08-13-10, 04:13 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Niiiiice!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-10, 08:26 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

heres the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg7d3...eature=related
Old 08-13-10, 10:44 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

he should have gotten the super sport. whats he going to do when a super sport pulls next to him at a light >LOL

Quick Reply: Birdman buy $2.1M Bugatti