Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Buick, after years of struggle, shows signs of turnaround

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-12, 08:40 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I still don't have any interest in buying a Buick.I find the line to have an ugly front design and typical gaudy cheap GM plastic trim interiors in most models.
That's true on past Buicks (even, to some extent, the new Lacrosse and Regal), but, from what I've seen, is not the case at all with the Verano. GM tossed out the old book when they did the Verano's interior, although some of the interior features, like the dash and door-panels, come from the highly-regarded German Opel Astra not sold in America.

Astra:

Verano:
Old 05-30-12, 01:32 PM
LexFather

If sales are indeed down for 7 months there should be concerned since they now sell a 22k-26k car. I also believe a small CUV is coming.

We all know Buick makes a great product now but can they keep the foot on the gas and not screw up styling. I find their cars well styled even if some are rebadges.

They need a bold coupe to help out. B/C most of my conversations about Buick in person are still with older people and not younger ones.