Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Most EPIC... BMW Currently For Sale... PERIOD!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-10, 11:38 AM
MrBruin09
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would take the 2011 twin turbo S63 for that price.
Old 08-19-10, 11:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

car is nice except those wheels, never a fan of alpina wheels. i really love the new bmw interiors.

however for 150k would i want this car? probably not. it's just not different enough. kind of like the s63. by comparison i would love to get the m5 more, which will have wider stance and more different
Old 08-19-10, 11:50 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
car is nice except those wheels, never a fan of alpina wheels. i really love the new bmw interiors.

however for 150k would i want this car? probably not. it's just not different enough. kind of like the s63. by comparison i would love to get the m5 more, which will have wider stance and more different
You didn't comment on the wheel choice I provided?

And $150k is not pocket change by any stretch especially for a car.

But given the "overall package" this car brings to the table, I would not feel like I short changed myself one bit. And I am particularly picky!

The new upcoming 5 will be sick-nasty, BUT... it too will blend into the crowd even more so with regular 5's milling about. As it is, the new 7 is rare on the roads.

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 08-19-10 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-19-10, 11:59 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ted920
TXSTYLE:

I admire your style as it is EXACTLY like mine!

Completely agree with you on this car and your choice of wheels.

Them shoes is SWEET!

How much do you think this car will go for in 3 years (pre-owned market)?

T
I recently saw an 08' at auction that was fetching $45k. Now of course there are several factors in that models pricing: Current complete Body/Platform change is the biggest! But also it's almost 2011.
At $45k I would take it all day long over say a CPO M5. I like the size and extreme performance the Alpina B7 brings to the table not to mention exclusivity. When I bought my 750 over a year ago, I considered an M5 and a B7 (could not find one with correct year and mileage for under $65k) I drove them all. The B7 actually accelerates harder seat of the pants. And the extra room is just a bonus. And they also come ungoverned good for near 180.

YES. There are a plethora of badass rides at $150k no doubt. If we're talking a brand new and only one car to choose... It would have to be some type of 4-Door Performance for me just because I love and require the extra room for my Fams.
Old 08-19-10, 12:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
You didn't comment on the wheel choice I provided?

And $150k is not pocket change by any stretch especially for a car.

But given the "overall package" this car brings to the table, I would not feel like I short changed myself one bit. And I am particularly picky!

The new upcoming 5 will be sick-nasty, BUT... it too will blend into the crowd even more so with regular 5's milling about. As it is, the new 7 is rare on the roads.
styling wise your choice of wheels is definitely better, though if i have a choice, i won't do mesh on the 7. i like multispokes more, but not that many like the alpina wheels. i would just stay with silver face though, never been a fan of black wheels

new 7 is definitely not rare here in socal, i see them everywhere. i am sure that will be the case for new 5 as well. but the b7 is just like a normal 7 modded. however every time i see the new m3 or e60 m5 (compared to normal e60), i am able to tell the difference more, because of the wider fenders and the overall stance being different. i am sure the b7 has the performance, but i guess i hope for more exterior difference
Old 08-19-10, 12:03 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by J.P.
150k now, 60k in 2 years used
Seriously doubt that.

I attend auctions and have inquired about B7's over the past 3 years. A 2yr old one like this, with attractive mileage (low 20's) will easily fetch mid $80k. Feel free to pull this post for reference 2yrs from now.
Old 08-19-10, 12:07 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Wink

styling wise your choice of wheels is definitely better, though if i have a choice, i won't do mesh on the 7. i like multispokes more, but not that many like the alpina wheels. i would just stay with silver face though, never been a fan of black wheels
Here was my second choice: Concavo - I L O V E this wheel! So timeless and versatile yet elegant and speaks quality!

Old 08-19-10, 12:14 PM
djMaru
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow! so hot!
Old 08-19-10, 12:18 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
Seriously doubt that.

I attend auctions and have inquired about B7's over the past 3 years. A 2yr old one like this, with attractive mileage (low 20's) will easily fetch mid $80k. Feel free to pull this post for reference 2yrs from now.
Still half off

2008 B7’s on eBay all day for 60k(or one you just noted for 45k above), so maybe these will fetch 10k more when used considering the upgrades?

At the end of the day its still a 7 and every balla on a budget can pick one up used cheap in a couple years, for 150k no thanks

Nice looking ride either way
Old 08-19-10, 12:58 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Tough pill to swallow for 150k. For that price can you not get into a bentley flying spur? I can not comphrehend purchasing a regular bmw or mb for that price new.
Old 08-19-10, 01:03 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice to look at in someone else's driveway.
Old 08-19-10, 01:09 PM
MrBruin09
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg
Tough pill to swallow for 150k. For that price can you not get into a bentley flying spur? I can not comphrehend purchasing a regular bmw or mb for that price new.
Flying Spurs start around 180K. And the Amg version of the S class isn't really a regular benz.
Old 08-19-10, 02:49 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

gotta wait for 1 more year when they're off lease

new 7 is definitely not rare here in socal, i see them everywhere. i am sure that will be the case for new 5 as well. but the b7 is just like a normal 7 modded. however every time i see the new m3 or e60 m5 (compared to normal e60), i am able to tell the difference more, because of the wider fenders and the overall stance being different. i am sure the b7 has the performance, but i guess i hope for more exterior difference
I can't stand those bicyle wheels

yep, new 7 is common, and the new 5 is showing up more now.

that interior is niiiice though
Old 08-19-10, 03:18 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

There's an '07 at the local dealership with 50K km on it for $80K.

I was talking to a sales guy last week and they have a new one on order....$200K up here.
Old 08-19-10, 03:36 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

good, if you want baller status.

long wheel base just looks weird to me. that rear door is huge !

Quick Reply: Most EPIC... BMW Currently For Sale... PERIOD!