Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cars and Coffee v.8.28 *Back with a Vengeance*

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-10, 01:14 AM
SVT2888
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cars and Coffee v.8.28 *Back with a Vengeance*

Cars and Coffee is FINALLY back! These past two weeks seemed like the slowest weeks of my life as I was anticipating the comeback. The repaving is done and the show has comeback strong! Be 7am the lot had to be closed. All 400+ show spots had been filled. It was simply amazing!

The capacity crowd made for an interesting day too. As I noticed a guy using a lawn chair to save a spot for one of his buddies. I stepped up to the guy and two of his friends and told him that what he was doing wasn't cool and went against the spirit of the event. The older guy and his buddy's didn't seem to appreciate a young fella going up to him and telling him what he was doing was wrong. They said I was "giving them an attitude." But whatever, someone needed to tell them that their behavior is in appropriate. I don't care about being threatened repeatedly with physical violence. I stand up for what I believe in. Nobody should be above the general rules of a Cars and Coffee type of event.

Nevertheless, it was Porsche day so there where a lot of great P-cars around as well as the usual Cars and Coffee AWESOMENESS!

As always enjoy the picks of the pics:

*The pics are click-able thumbnails that lead to wall papers which are available for FREE at the site.*

Old 08-30-10, 01:17 AM
SVT2888
Lead Lap

Old 08-30-10, 01:18 AM
SVT2888
Lead Lap

Old 08-30-10, 01:21 AM
SVT2888
Lead Lap

Old 08-30-10, 01:23 AM
SVT2888
Lead Lap

As always there are TONS more images available at CNCpics.com

Thanks,

-Leo
Old 08-30-10, 01:50 AM
Black_SC
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

nice pics!! i want to come to these one day!
Old 08-30-10, 09:19 AM
LexFather

Thanks again for posting this. Beautiful rides, amazing.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, some people "didn't get the memo" at car meets/shows

Old 08-30-10, 09:44 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing collection of cars, I could hang out all day looking at them.
Old 08-30-10, 01:58 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Where can I find out about where to park and when to show up? I went to the official C&C site and it doesn't really give any details. And is it every Saturday? Thx
Old 08-30-10, 02:04 PM
SVT2888
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by primecut
Where can I find out about where to park and when to show up? I went to the official C&C site and it doesn't really give any details. And is it every Saturday? Thx
There is NO official site for Cars and Coffee. The organizers of the event are not associated with any of the Cars and Coffee cites.
The show is just about every Saturday. I usually make post ahead of time for when there won't be an event. The address is readily available through a quick google search of "Cars and Coffee Irvine."

I don't give out the address either because that's just a courtesy thing I have done with the organizers. They like people finding out about the show through word of mouth. They don't want the event to get way too big, so they don't want the address all over the net.

During peak show season you definitely want to arrive before 7am if you want to show.
Old 08-30-10, 02:35 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Ok thanks. I know you are just a messenger, but nowadays, word of mouth IS the internet. If you can find it on google that easily, then what's the point of NOT posting the address? No wonder those websites are so vague about the details.

I'd like to go, but it's a long drive there, and I'm not going to wander around because there is no official or accurate info posted. As of right now I still don't know what time it is and where I should be parking. I found an address but I don't want to park somewhere I'm not supposed to and "offend" anyone.

If it's going to be this secret society thing then I'd rather not go. It's ironic because it's such a big event already. Most of the enthusiasts in Socal know about it.
Old 08-30-10, 03:18 PM
SVT2888
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by primecut
Ok thanks. I know you are just a messenger, but nowadays, word of mouth IS the internet. If you can find it on google that easily, then what's the point of NOT posting the address? No wonder those websites are so vague about the details.

I'd like to go, but it's a long drive there, and I'm not going to wander around because there is no official or accurate info posted. As of right now I still don't know what time it is and where I should be parking. I found an address but I don't want to park somewhere I'm not supposed to and "offend" anyone.

If it's going to be this secret society thing then I'd rather not go. It's ironic because it's such a big event already. Most of the enthusiasts in Socal know about it.
It's a not so secret secret society. LOL

The event has been covered by tons of publications and media agencies.

The show "officially" runs from 6am to 9am. When you get there you will know exactly where to go. There are TONS of signs directing you.

The reason the address is not supposed to be posted is because the organizers don't want to get kicked out of their current location. During peak season you have to get there seriously early if you want to find a parking spot if you're going to show.
Old 08-31-10, 09:00 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Cool gathering of cars as usual. Thanks for posting the pics.