Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW Dealer Crashes M5, Tries Screwing Owner Out Of $27K

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-10, 11:10 AM
CAK 500
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
but in terms of control, i don't think lexus na are doing more either. they can try to intervene and ask dealer to do more, but each dealership is still privately own and they make the last call
I have bought two Lexus from two different dealerships, and they were both very clear about how seriously corporate takes their new buyer experience surveys. They both indicated that less than perfect marks would be met with some consequences. Indeed, on my first purchase I gave the dealership a couple of mediocre ratings, and they called to follow up, upset that they didn't get all "A's".

Agreed that dealerships are privately owned business, but I wonder if Lexus NA has more "carrot and stick" type controls than BMW.
Old 09-17-10, 11:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by CAK 500
I have bought two Lexus from two different dealerships, and they were both very clear about how seriously corporate takes their new buyer experience surveys. They both indicated that less than perfect marks would be met with some consequences. Indeed, on my first purchase I gave the dealership a couple of mediocre ratings, and they called to follow up, upset that they didn't get all "A's".

Agreed that dealerships are privately owned business, but I wonder if Lexus NA has more "carrot and stick" type controls than BMW.
oh that's very possible. i know if lexus na knows some dealerships doing bad, they can easily control the allocation to ding on their sales. and i know they have done that before
Old 09-17-10, 01:15 PM
ClearP
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh my.... thats a sticky situation
Old 09-17-10, 03:46 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
but in terms of control, i don't think lexus na are doing more either. they can try to intervene and ask dealer to do more, but each dealership is still privately own and they make the last call
There are 3 differences:
1) Lexus reps will actually call the dealer and make an attempt to persuade whereas the BMW rep usually refuses to talk to the dealer
2) Lexus has stronger financial incentives based on csat than BMW
3) Lexus franchise agreement includes some SLAs related to issue resolution

Having had issues with both my BMW dealer and my Lexus dealer, I can tell you Lexus does this much better.
Old 09-18-10, 04:04 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

according to page 71 of m5boards, the car has been declared a total lose by the insurance company, thats about it, I think the dealer that damaged the car, their insurance is paying out
Old 09-18-10, 08:44 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by <VENOM>
according to page 71 of m5boards, the car has been declared a total lose by the insurance company, thats about it, I think the dealer that damaged the car, their insurance is paying out

what is he gonna do with the insurance money......

he probably can't get an equivalent m5 without paying thousands more.

victim still loses big time, all because of one douchebag.
Old 09-19-10, 12:30 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dunnojack
what is he gonna do with the insurance money......

he probably can't get an equivalent m5 without paying thousands more.

victim still loses big time, all because of one douchebag.
as of right now the guy is staying quiet, he has not even taken a loaner car from the dealer, I keep checking for updates.

It's unknown what amount he has gotten for his car, the dealer is not cooperating and BMWNA is not either, so everything is going on between him, his lawyer and the dealer.