Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

A Kia I would rock - the K7!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-10, 08:39 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

nice looking!
Old 09-11-10, 09:15 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikemareen
give it another year when the name kia and hyundai references to quality and luxury....
Originally Posted by knihc2008
No matter what YOU say, the fact of the matter is that Hyundai's brand perception HAS ALREADY changed in a year.
I highlighted his quote again for you as you apparently missed it. I will say it again. There is ZERO chance that in one year Kia/Hyundai will be the reference for "quality and luxury".

This is measurable.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...s-3-lexus.html

NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 04/30/09 -- The Luxury Institute : www.luxuryinstitute.com/ reported today the top-rated brands in the Luxury and Ultra-Luxury Automobile categories of the 2009 Luxury Brand Status Index (LBSI) : www.luxuryinstitute.com/about/bresearch.html survey, which identifies the top brands that exhibit true luxury in these critical categories. The brands are evaluated in numerous categories based solely on the unbiased ratings of wealthy and ultra-wealthy consumers.

Which luxury automobile brands deliver the best combination of quality, exclusivity, customer experience and peer prestige? High net-worth consumers rated Porsche, Mercedes and Lexus the "Best of the Best" among the 12 brands that were rated. In the Ultra-Luxury Automobiles category, ultra-wealthy consumers rated Maybach, Roll-Royce and Bentley the three most prestigious among 12 brands.

The LBSI asks high net-worth consumers to rate luxury brands by category across four equally weighted components: Consistently Superior Quality, Uniqueness and Exclusivity, Making the Customer Feel Special Across the Entire Experience and Being Consumed by People Who Are Admired and Respected.
-- Luxury Automobiles

-- Porsche-7.70

-- Mercedes-7.53

-- Lexus-7.39

-- Ultra-Luxury Automobiles

-- Maybach-7.93

-- Rolls-Royce-7.86

-- Bentley-7.73

Shockingly Hyundai and Kia were NOT one of the 12 brands that were rated. I know...I couldn't believe it either.

so no matter what I say it will not happen, but no matter what you say then it will happen ? uh...ya ok whatever man.
Care to make a wager???

Originally Posted by YEH
No, but once Kia gets its entire new lineup out for a few years (Forte 5 door, Optima, Cadenza, Rio, etc.) it will likely be seen close to the public perception of Nissan.
This I actually agree with.
Old 09-11-10, 09:48 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
I highlighted his quote again for you as you apparently missed it. I will say it again. There is ZERO chance that in one year Kia/Hyundai will be the reference for "quality and luxury".
Sorry I misread you, I thought you meant their public perception wouldn't change period. I do think their public perception of quality and luxury will change (especially quality) and they will definitely have a more luxurious public perception compared to before but I agree that they won't be on the same plane as Mercedes and, well, Bentley, obviously.
Old 09-11-10, 09:56 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Sorry I misread you, I thought you meant their public perception wouldn't change period. I do think their public perception of quality and luxury will change (especially quality) and they will definitely have a more luxurious public perception compared to before but I agree that they won't be on the same plane as Mercedes and, well, Bentley, obviously.
NP.

There is no denying that they are improving and their perception is improving.
Old 09-12-10, 08:17 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again, because the guy who designed this car used to design Audis...
i know...he shoulda come up with something different...or at least something that doesn't scream 'audi'
Old 09-12-10, 10:39 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

why would u even consider hyundai as a comparison to bentley's ? nobody was trying to prove they were and only a complete fool would say "no they will never be a bentley".......uh really ya think ?

comparing it to porche's and bentley? why do I even bother responding are we even on the same page ?

This is measurable.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...s-3-lexus.html

Shockingly Hyundai and Kia were NOT one of the 12 brands that were rated. I know...I couldn't believe it either.

Care to make a wager???

This I actually agree with.
Old 09-13-10, 12:51 AM
ball4lyfe
Rookie

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
Lets come back to this thread 5 -10 years from now and we will see.
You just so want it to fail, huh? Another stereotypical comment..
Old 09-13-10, 07:48 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Club Kia for sure. Can't be bothered.
Old 09-13-10, 12:26 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

why would u even consider hyundai as a comparison to bentley's ? nobody was trying to prove they were and only a complete fool would say "no they will never be a bentley".......uh really ya think ?

comparing it to porche's and bentley? why do I even bother responding are we even on the same page ?
Who compared it to Bentley's? The Bentley is part of the Ultra-Luxury category. Porsche, Mercedes and Lexus are the top 3 in the Luxury category. If you were to actually read the article on what the Luxury Institute ranks it is based on quality, exclusivity, customer experience and peer prestige. They rank 12 luxury brands of which Hyundai is not one. You "claim" that Hyundai/Kia will be the reference for quality and luxury in one year's time. If it is it will surely be on this list but it won't happen.

Apparently it's only convenient to talk about quality and luxury when you're singing the praises of Hyundai on a Lexus board.

I'll quote you again since it seems you forgot your own statement:

give it another year when the name kia and hyundai references to quality and luxury....as the new line up starts to roll out so will your feelings of korean cars. it's so obvious this is going to happen.
Old 09-13-10, 12:52 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

well no krap hyundai is not in the top 12 luxury car brands! it doesn't take an article for anyone to realize that, well maybe for you it does.

as for what happens in a year, yes it will happen. let's see what happens in a year from now as it take a little longer for people like u to catch on to things.

Who compared it to Bentley's? The Bentley is part of the Ultra-Luxury category. Porsche, Mercedes and Lexus are the top 3 in the Luxury category. If you were to actually read the article on what the Luxury Institute ranks it is based on quality, exclusivity, customer experience and peer prestige. They rank 12 luxury brands of which Hyundai is not one. You "claim" that Hyundai/Kia will be the reference for quality and luxury in one year's time. If it is it will surely be on this list but it won't happen.

Apparently it's only convenient to talk about quality and luxury when you're singing the praises of Hyundai on a Lexus board.

I'll quote you again since it seems you forgot your own statement:
Old 09-13-10, 01:15 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

looks better than the Audi A4/A6 IMO....props to Kia for nailing this one

Last edited by bagwell; 09-13-10 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-13-10, 01:31 PM
LexFather

Ladies and Gents lets settle down some please.

well no krap hyundai is not in the top 12 luxury car brands! it doesn't take an article for anyone to realize that, well maybe for you it does.

as for what happens in a year, yes it will happen. let's see what happens in a year from now as it take a little longer for people like u to catch on to things.
Lexus is the only Tier 1 brand not German. As the article states they are highly revered. It took 2 decades, not one year for this to happen. To this day a lot of people still frown upon and dismiss Lexus. We have a lot of other luxury brands still struggling after decades of being in business.

The luxury market is vastly different to the pedestrian brand one.

Originally Posted by bagwell
looks better than the Audi A4/A6 IMO....props to Kia for nailing this one

The lead Kia designer is an ex-Audi designer, thus some similarities. In pics it looks great.

Old 09-13-10, 01:37 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

I don't think anyone was debating wheter or not kia or hyundai would be a tier one brand...that would be pretty lame to do so.

but anyhow, here's a sorento video! wow I love the front end of this suv!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4TgF1ZdXus

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Ladies and Gents lets settle down some please.

Lexus is the only Tier 1 brand not German. As the article states they are highly revered. It took 2 decades, not one year for this to happen. To this day a lot of people still frown upon and dismiss Lexus. We have a lot of other luxury brands still struggling after decades of being in business.

The luxury market is vastly different to the pedestrian brand one.

The lead Kia designer is an ex-Audi designer, thus some similarities. In pics it looks great.
Old 09-13-10, 01:38 PM
LexFather

^^ This is about the K7 not the Sorento. Please stay on topic.

Old 09-13-10, 01:40 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I feel like I just entered into an unwanted Kia commercial zone, especially faced with one of the weakest SUVs on the market (Sorrento).

Quick Reply: A Kia I would rock - the K7!