Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My new daily commuter/project car

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-10, 10:02 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My new daily commuter/project car

Hey guys..thought i would share my new project/daily commuter...I bought a 2003 350Z back in 2002...my first $$$ purchase...anyways sold it in 2006 and bought a C6...after picking up the LS 460L..wanted something as a daily thathad driver feel to it...so I 4 years later i picked up a 2003 350Z with 55K on the dot....i picked it up last week.

Started modding right away..got wheels and tires,front lip,rear diffuser,lugs......still waiting on a few more things..but will keep updating this post...as it happens...i love this car..should have the car fully done within 2 weeks...still waiting for rear lip,side skirts,rear side wings,painting the grill,rear wiper delete,new rear tires..the ones i bought are too short...looking for 305/30/19 for rear...gonna throw the 275/30/19 on the front.

After the exterior..then engine,exhaust and suspension work..(next summer)

Last week when i bought it.

Last edited by MannyRCF; 11-06-10 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-27-10, 10:50 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Congragulations.....nice-looking car.

Take it to a good aligment shop, though, and make sure the wheel alignment is within updated specs. Nissan had a lot of trouble with bad settings in the 350Z, particularly the earlier ones. This led to cupped/feathered, unevenly-worn tires, a lot of annoying road noise, and even some free tire-replacements on Nissan's part (some 350Zs had recalls and extended-waranties on the suspension/tires, though most auto manufacturers usually don't directly warranty their tires). Also, don't be surprised if some of the lightweight plastic interior-trim parts break...that was another weakness. But, everthing considered, it was an excellent sports car and a blast to drive.
Old 09-27-10, 11:01 PM
harman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks very good. The black lip and rear bumper piece matches the rims and instantly changes the look of the car - it makes the car look mean imo
In the picture of the car next to the green signboard notice how the bottom part of your door looks black- it matches the front black lip and the rims, would you consider painting that part black.
I have a question though, why did you sell all these other cars though i mean the SRT8?
Old 09-27-10, 11:03 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Congrats on your new ride. I see you haven't wasted any time modding! And I must say, you live in a very nice area. Love the scenery!
Old 09-27-10, 11:20 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

nice mods on the 350. love the lip and rear diffuser

and i have a feeling someone is going to say something about that acura haha..
Old 09-27-10, 11:37 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the car. Love the houses.
Old 09-28-10, 09:11 AM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Congragulations.....nice-looking car.

Take it to a good aligment shop, though, and make sure the wheel alignment is within updated specs. Nissan had a lot of trouble with bad settings in the 350Z, particularly the earlier ones. This led to cupped/feathered, unevenly-worn tires, a lot of annoying road noise, and even some free tire-replacements on Nissan's part (some 350Zs had recalls and extended-waranties on the suspension/tires, though most auto manufacturers usually don't directly warranty their tires). Also, don't be surprised if some of the lightweight plastic interior-trim parts break...that was another weakness. But, everthing considered, it was an excellent sports car and a blast to drive.

Thanks I appreciate it...i am gonna be getting an alignment done as soon as I get my new tires in.

Originally Posted by harman
Looks very good. The black lip and rear bumper piece matches the rims and instantly changes the look of the car - it makes the car look mean imo
In the picture of the car next to the green signboard notice how the bottom part of your door looks black- it matches the front black lip and the rims, would you consider painting that part black.
I have a question though, why did you sell all these other cars though i mean the SRT8?
I am not sure what your asking..if you are asking why i sold the SRT8?I felt the car was not refined enough for me...it was like a big boat,$ucked too much gas and got bored pretty quick.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Congrats on your new ride. I see you haven't wasted any time modding! And I must say, you live in a very nice area. Love the scenery!
Thanks

Originally Posted by muhbuhtuh
nice mods on the 350. love the lip and rear diffuser

and i have a feeling someone is going to say something about that acura haha..

Acura is going soon...being replaced with a SUV as well.
Originally Posted by tzu911
Love the car. Love the houses.
Thanks man
Old 09-28-10, 11:34 AM
LexFather

Great pick up! Wheels and drop make a huge difference!

Old 09-28-10, 01:05 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A clean look for that Z, nicely done.
Old 09-28-10, 01:18 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Great pick up! Wheels and drop make a huge difference!
Originally Posted by IS-SV
A clean look for that Z, nicely done.
Thanks guys...looking forward to the end result.
Old 09-28-10, 04:28 PM
05EX
Pole Position

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for 350Z's, I came close to buying one once. You have no idea how jealous I am that you can easily shop for wheels and can fit that much tire on the back of those cars so easily. I have an 06 GTO and shopping for wheels that look good and fit properly are an absolute nightmare and fitting 305's on the back takes allot of massaging carefull planning if not custom wheels and or just basically mini tubbing to get that much tire back there. Your car looks great so far, perfect stance and very clean.

Last edited by 05EX; 09-28-10 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-28-10, 10:18 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 05EX
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for 350Z's, I came close to buying one once. You have no idea how jealous I am that you can easily shop for wheels and can fit that much tire on the back of those cars so easily. I have an 06 GTO and shopping for wheels that look good and fit properly are an absolute nightmare and fitting 305's on the back takes allot of massaging carefull planning if not custom wheels and or just basically mini tubbing to get that much tire back there. Your car looks great so far, perfect stance and very clean.

Thanks .
Old 09-28-10, 10:28 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

BEE-SEEEE! representing...that all your rides?
Old 09-28-10, 10:42 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kaydee
BEE-SEEEE! representing...that all your rides?
Nope...2007 LS 460L SGM
2003 350Z-Daily

Jags my brothers,TL is sis in laws...The Maroon beast is my pops
Old 10-24-10, 05:17 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Edited for new pics

Last edited by MannyRCF; 11-06-10 at 07:04 PM.

Quick Reply: My new daily commuter/project car