Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

US Cop gives a German Tourist a Hard Time

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-10, 08:37 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Andy
There's a lot of us who'd pay good money to see you driving down the autobahn in that tank, waving out the top!
Oh you'll be surprised... Bookmark this, I'll post pics by the 30th
Old 10-14-10, 12:29 PM
werewolf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Maybe a little red-neck, but I don't see how a white cop, addressing another white person he just pulled over, be considered "racist" (though we didn't see the face, we can reasonably presume that the German, like most Germans, was white). This was not a case of racial-profiling, like with Hispanics or other minorities.
"German boy" is probably the giveaway. What does he need to say to qualify for major redneck? lol

What if it was your wife or kid? Would you be ok with a cop telling one of them they were going to get violated in prison?

I am constantly surprised how much crap US citizens are willing to take from police. This tourist has no clue
Old 10-14-10, 01:12 PM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Och
Haha, the guy was probably just trying to enjoy a proper drive in a proper car in the proper country.

They might have autobahn in Gërmany, but they drive gutless cars that are barely capable of 60mph
... what? troll?
Old 10-16-10, 10:37 AM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CAK 500

I thought I was in the twilight zone or ****-Germany or something. Still surprised that they can do this.
Michigan State Police v Sitz 1990. Says they can per order of the US Supreme Court
Old 10-28-10, 01:59 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Andy
There's a lot of us who'd pay good money to see you driving down the autobahn in that tank, waving out the top!
Bought some Soviet tanks, gonna fix them up and head out to that autobahn

US Cop gives a German Tourist a Hard Time-s4pdh.jpg

US Cop gives a German Tourist a Hard Time-jerjm.jpg

US Cop gives a German Tourist a Hard Time-96pcp.jpg

US Cop gives a German Tourist a Hard Time-cnrfq.jpg
Old 10-28-10, 05:32 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Stage3
I don't see anything wrong with what he said... If you don't know the rules, and the driver was acting like he didn't, then YOU SHOULDN'T BE DRIVING. He's lucky he and his passenger weren't taken to jail for driving without an international license. I agree, it wasn't as courteous as you'd expect, but there was nothing flagrant about his comments. People need to stop being so damned hypersensitive.

"Oh boo hoo... He huwt my feewings..."
+1, he's VERY lucky he didn't get a ticket or worse for going 28mph over the speed limit.
Old 10-28-10, 06:36 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

knowing hes a German citizen, whats the point of giving him a ticket. Cop doesnt want to deal with the paperwork when this guy goes back to his home country and wont pay. I dunno about you but if I got pulled over for some huge speeding I would love to take a good scolding instead of getting a ticket. Dunno why some people here are so thin skinned over what the cop did.
Old 10-28-10, 06:51 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ok if issuing a ticket was useless, if he was REALLY a hater, could he have arrested him for going 28mph over the speed limit?
Old 10-28-10, 09:32 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Cop is an asshat...

Wouldve gave my info, rolled up the window and waited for my ticket*

*flew back to Germany (without paying) and sent him a personal FU note to his station with the video
Old 10-28-10, 10:18 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

the problem with that is the cop isnt going to give him a ticket because he doesn't want to screw around with the paperwork when the German goes back home. The cop is the one that has to deal with the paperwork if a ticket isnt paid and has to chase it. The cop isnt stupid. There is no point in writing a foreigner a ticket.

People would seriously prefer a 28 over the limit ticket instead of getting yelled at? I would've let the cop yell at me for 28 minutes if it meant getting out of a 28 mph over ticket.
Old 10-28-10, 10:22 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I dont kiss *** to save a buck. LoL!! Totally understand about the whole "paperwork" deal but he was so far outta line...

People tend to forget that the police work for them...not the other way around. I dont let any of my employees forget that for one second. Respect is earned.

whats a couple bucks vs your dignity?
Old 10-28-10, 10:31 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Then don't speed 28 over the limit. The cop is the villain now? Gerry shouldn't have been speeding, simple concept. What if the German injured/killed someone? Police doesn't work for him, hes a foreigner. A 28 mph over ticket and all the consequences isn't exactly "a couple bucks" This guy couldve easily been jailed.

We have some guy that is committing reckless driving, potentially endangering others, and everyone is mad at the cop? Just cant get any better than this. People are acting like the cop drug the guy out of the car and started beating him.
Old 10-28-10, 10:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
the problem with that is the cop isnt going to give him a ticket because he doesn't want to screw around with the paperwork when the German goes back home. The cop is the one that has to deal with the paperwork if a ticket isnt paid and has to chase it. The cop isnt stupid. There is no point in writing a foreigner a ticket.

People would seriously prefer a 28 over the limit ticket instead of getting yelled at? I would've let the cop yell at me for 28 minutes if it meant getting out of a 28 mph over ticket.
what i prefer is one thing, but on the other hand that doesn't mean the officer can do all he wants with his tone and language. for sure the guy was lucky to get away, and i am not agreeing with his language. but i can't say i agree much with the officer's speech. it could have been in a better manner whereas now i think it's a bit insulting
Old 10-28-10, 10:38 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

acting like the cop broke a law, he didn't. I cant say the same for the German however. This thread would have a totally different tone if the German injured/killed someone screwing around like this.

I finally watched the video after this thread hyped it up so bad and frankly the video was a letdown. Everyone made it seem so mean and nasty but it wasnt.