Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2011 Nissan GT-R officially laps the Nurburgring in 7:20

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-10, 01:39 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,396 Likes on 1,570 Posts

amazing the GTR stirs such controversy.

it's an AMAZING vehicle, and really amazing for the money.

it is NOTHING like an LFA, however, so comparisons are just ridiculous.
Old 10-22-10, 05:54 AM
robbieJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a mod from the GTROC and this thread caused a stir on our forum as it confused the lap Nürburgring time which we now think is around 7.24.22

I'm not here to troll either, a lot of our owners have Lexus's as does in my father in law

the LFA is a great car and has sold its run, well done!

I own a R35, one of the early ones in the UK, i had a previous R33 GTR and have been to Japan 6 times in last few years.

GTR's in Japan compete against Toyota on a regular so there is a big rivalry between the companies. Honda NSX and now the LFA will compete in some form, nothing wrong with that!

As for Nürburgring times it is one of the better tests for performance cars than straight 0 to 60 times. If its Nissan or magazine it gives a good indication of the dynamics of the cars.

Mr. Kazutoshi Mizuno is very precise and wants to get the best out of the car, hence lots of tries. Porkers are tested just as much and porker press cars are always faster than normal porkers. I sell to porsche and my colleague knows some test engineers

the Nürburgring testing is really anti porsche as its there home turf + the more test miles down this track the better the car will be

I hope its OK to post this

Last edited by robbieJ; 10-22-10 at 05:57 AM.
Old 10-22-10, 06:00 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the board rob, and we hope you join in on more convos!
Old 10-22-10, 06:12 AM
robbieJ
Driver School Candidate

thx JP

I will try to join in :-) as you know everybody has a opinion
Old 10-22-10, 07:18 AM
LexFather

Welcome Rob, I am a member on your forum as well, same name We value your inputs here.

I think most here heart the GT-R and sorry it become another LFA vs GTR thread lol

Old 10-22-10, 08:06 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Does it really matter! they are both amazing machines with different looks, with different demographic, with different approach to speed but in the end two totally fantastic technological power houses and a testament to both Nissan and Lexus for stepping up there game in uber car market I hope they both continue to push the envelope and come at the ultra car market from different view point i.e. German, Italy car design and believe me there is nothing wrong with them but its nice to see something different, I would be proud to own either car.

Love the LFA got to drive in it at one Lexus Insider event earlier this year.
Old 10-22-10, 08:55 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by robbieJ
I'm a mod from the GTROC and this thread caused a stir on our forum as it confused the lap Nürburgring time which we now think is around 7.24.22

I'm not here to troll either, a lot of our owners have Lexus's as does in my father in law

the LFA is a great car and has sold its run, well done!

I own a R35, one of the early ones in the UK, i had a previous R33 GTR and have been to Japan 6 times in last few years.

GTR's in Japan compete against Toyota on a regular so there is a big rivalry between the companies. Honda NSX and now the LFA will compete in some form, nothing wrong with that!

As for Nürburgring times it is one of the better tests for performance cars than straight 0 to 60 times. If its Nissan or magazine it gives a good indication of the dynamics of the cars.

Mr. Kazutoshi Mizuno is very precise and wants to get the best out of the car, hence lots of tries. Porkers are tested just as much and porker press cars are always faster than normal porkers. I sell to porsche and my colleague knows some test engineers

the Nürburgring testing is really anti porsche as its there home turf + the more test miles down this track the better the car will be

I hope its OK to post this
We have made clarifications here that the 7:20 time was posted as an error but I don't get the main point of your post, is it mainly to convince the fact that GTR is comparable the LFA? and eventually the Honda NSX? I don't think anybody has the cajones to deny the beast that is the GTR but the LFA is definitely in another world.
Old 10-22-10, 10:25 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Just wanted to note that the OP thread title was basically a repost of all the reposted reports on blogs and other websites (e.g., jalponik, etc.) mistranslating a 7:20 time from the press report that is linked in the OP.
Old 10-22-10, 10:28 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't come to a Japanese car forum and post this without pics sir..... Please share.
Old 10-22-10, 11:54 AM
robbiej1
Driver School Candidate

I couldn't log in as robbieJ

some pics, its got a bit more carbon on today

wife in the old one

Old 10-22-10, 12:16 PM
LexFather

Absolutely stunning!

Old 10-22-10, 01:46 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

^Awesome photography! Thanks for sharing.

P.S. Very dangerous to drive into a mountain bend on the wrong side of the road though. I hope you had a leading car to make sure that there was no oncoming traffic within a mile or so.

Last edited by Mister Two; 10-22-10 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-22-10, 02:34 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the GT-R
Old 10-22-10, 04:07 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like this thread so much better now
Old 10-22-10, 05:13 PM
rominl