Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2011 Nissan GT-R officially laps the Nurburgring in 7:20

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-10, 08:38 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I watched the vids and they said that they could not get an official time this time around. So they released the time of 7:24:22 as what they had timed in their earlier testing.

So no this time is not offical as stated by the head of the team in the vids.
Old 10-22-10, 08:41 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
I watched the vids and they said that they could not get an official time this time around. So they released the time of 7:24:22 as what they had timed in their earlier testing.

So no this time is not offical as stated by the head of the team in the vids.
They only meant that this is not the final time since a few parts of the track were still semi-wet/damp, and that they are going to keep trying for a better lap time until they get a lap in the best track condition possible. It doesn't take away the fact (video-documented) that they've officially (announced at the official GT-R website) done a best lap of 7:24.22 so far.

Last edited by Mister Two; 10-22-10 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-23-10, 03:21 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mister Two
They only meant that this is not the final time since a few parts of the track were still semi-wet/damp, and that they are going to keep trying for a better lap time until they get a lap in the best track condition possible. It doesn't take away the fact (video-documented) that they've officially (announced at the official GT-R website) done a best lap of 7:24.22 so far.
Interesting, since you understand Japanese so well???

The head guy said himself that "They were unable the get an official time measured", but that time what was they recorded by them (Nissan) was not official measured , but they decided to announce the time of 7:24.22 at this stage.

What does that mean? It means the time was not "official" and the video states that specifically.
Old 10-25-10, 03:55 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Interesting, since you understand Japanese so well???

The head guy said himself that "They were unable the get an official time measured", but that time what was they recorded by them (Nissan) was not official measured , but they decided to announce the time of 7:24.22 at this stage.

What does that mean? It means the time was not "official" and the video states that specifically.
True that I do not know Japanese but you basically translated it for me (thanks) in your previous post in one sentence ("they said that they could not get an official time this time around"). It's quite obvious that by saying they couldn't get an "official" time this time around they meant they couldn't get the "final", best possible, lap time that's worthy of representing the car's true capability. But to us, THEY are the Nissan officials, so whatever facts they publish are objectively "official", period. Hope this clears up what I mean by "official".

Last edited by Mister Two; 10-25-10 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-25-10, 04:29 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mister Two
True that I do not know Japanese but you basically translated it for me (thanks) in your previous post in one sentence ("they said that they could not get an official time this time around"). It's quite obvious that by saying they couldn't get an "official" time this time around they meant they couldn't get the "final", best possible, lap time that's worthy of representing the car's true capability. But to us, THEY are the Nissan officials, so whatever facts they publish are objectively "official", period. Hope this clears up what I mean by "official".
It does, thanks.

I know he said that he thinks they could get more out of the car, but what I can't understand is the wording the vid uses. If the time was "officially" and that was the best they got this time around regardless of wet weather, I don't understand why they would specifically say that this time was not official. They could have easily said , this is the "official" time that we have at this stage, instead emphasizing that they were unable to get an official time.

Could be just marketing hype or there is more to to it, I don't know.
Old 10-25-10, 04:35 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

It does, thanks.

I know he said that he thinks they could get more out of the car, but what I can't understand is the wording the vid uses. If the time was "officially" and that was the best they got this time around regardless of wet weather, I don't understand why they would specifically say that this time was not official. They could have easily said , this is the "official" time that we have at this stage, instead emphasizing that they were unable to get an official time.

Could be just marketing hype or there is more to to it, I don't know.
Well as can be seen from the vid, some parts of the track were still semi-wet/damp, so they have a good reason to think the lap time isn't really final and representative of the car's true capability given a dry track.