Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

reckvovo (this video of me wrecking my Volvo)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-10, 10:10 PM
x69x442x
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down reckvovo (this video of me wrecking my Volvo)

Hey, I made this video of me wrecking my Volvo. It didn't turn out anywhere near as good as I thought it would but I hope at least one person enjoys it. I'm sure lots of people will talk bad about it...I know the video could have been much better (I personally felt it was far from its full potential) but it is too late now so throw out your comments, good or bad. I had some trouble embedding videos before so if it doesn't work then it should come up if you type "reckvovo" into youtube or google.

(bitkahuna here: fixed link to video, and WARNING: NSFW and insensitive)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb5y4SbO2As

Last edited by bitkahuna; 10-20-10 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-19-10, 10:12 PM
x69x442x
Driver School Candidate

Also, here is some background info, if anybody cares, about what led me to this outcome, etc then check out the bottom of this post where I explain further with incorrect grammar, run-on sentences, and lots of rambling and pointless info.

Some background info: I had an old f150 that was my daily driver but it was so bad on gas that I decided to get a car. Well, I found the Volvo 850 in my price range. The 850’s exterior/drivetrain were in okay condition but the interior was destroyed. I decided I could deal with the interior so I could save money at the pump (even though I’m the type of person who would rather have a nice interior/rugged exterior) so I purchased it.

The Volvo sat for about two weeks after I bought it because I was busy but I decided I would get tags the next week...then I came across a 2es. I sat down to decide which one I would rather have...it was Lexus all the way so I made it mine…if only all decisions could be as easy as that one.

By this time I had three cars (the truck, Volvo, and Lexus). I thought about selling the Volvo until I realized that I hadn’t done anything in honor of a close friend of mine (Matty D.) who passed away 06Jul10. I wrecked a car a bunch of years back when I was 15 so decided it would be the perfect to wreck a car for Matt since he loved to **** **** up and cause a ruckus.

I needed someone to help me wreck the car so I called up Matt's best friend "Monster". He thought I was joking about wrecking the car but he came to my house anyways. I figured the best way to start off would be creating art work on the car so when he arrived at my house I pulled out a crate full of spray paint....and that is the start of the video.

A few more facts and stuff that limited our potential methods of destruction: (1) I know we are acting stupid and childish but it was fun doing it so I don't regret it…Lots of the stuff said were inside jokes so I apologize if the dialog doesn‘t make sense. (2) The mass amount of construction in my area greatly limited my choices for locations to wreck the car without getting arrested. (3) I was hesitant to damage the front of the car because I wanted to be able to drive it onto my trailer. #2 and 3 were the main factors that determined the location of the footage (4) Some problems with doing this at my house: -The yard is less than 1 acre so there wasn't much room to gain speed. -I rent the house from my mother so I was trying to respect her yard by not tearing it up too much. (An angry landlord is a hassle as is but it’d probably be a little worse to have an angry landlord that is kin.) (5) It might seem like we are going slow but trust me it still hurt. (6) I didn’t feel like getting a high quality editing program for low quality footage so I just used Windows Movie Maker.

Well, I think I rambled enough for now so I will stop…Not that anybody took time to read all the text haha.
Old 10-20-10, 06:52 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Jackass 3D: the lost crackhead tape....

Why not just donate the car to charity in honor of your friend?

Everyone else, save yourself the time or energy....
Old 10-20-10, 12:19 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you were supposed to drive into the tree faster
Old 10-20-10, 07:15 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dunnojack
you were supposed to drive into the tree faster
I was thinking the same thing. May be he was afraid to get hurt.
Old 10-21-10, 12:08 PM
x69x442x
Driver School Candidate

Possibly but I plan on doing other things besides run into a tree with the next car.
Old 10-21-10, 01:43 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

IMO, you should have donated it in your friend's name to a church or Purple Heart or something USEFUL...which may have made a more lasting impression on someone's life....as it is I think you were just looking for an excuse to trash the car for some weird reason.
Old 10-21-10, 02:10 PM
CAK 500
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Redneck

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Redneck (disambiguation).

Redneck is historically a derogatory slang term to refer to poor white Southern farmers in the United States.[1] It is similar in meaning to "cracker" (especially regarding Georgia and Florida), "hillbilly" (especially regarding Appalachia)[2] and "white trash".[3][4] The most common American usage, referring to the poor rural white Southerner, is probably derived from individuals having a red neck caused by working outdoors in the sun. A citation from 1893 provides a definition as "poorer inhabitants of the rural districts...men who work in the field, as a matter of course, generally have their skin burned red by the sun, and especially is this true of the back of their necks".[5] In recent decades the term expanded its meaning to mean bigoted, loutish and opposed to modern ways, and has often been used to attack Southern conservatives and segregationists. At the same time, many members of the U.S. Southern community have set out to reclaim the word, using it as a self-identifier, and the term has also been claimed by individuals outside of the United States.
Old 10-21-10, 02:25 PM
svagusta
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wheres the puke?
Old 10-21-10, 02:34 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Im so confused
Old 10-21-10, 03:16 PM
Lexitegra
Lexus Test Driver

I agree with oohpapi44, you could have just donated the vehicle to charity.
Old 10-22-10, 10:49 AM
x69x442x
Driver School Candidate

I guess I'm just selfish
Old 10-22-10, 11:08 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Please PM me and explain the 'Jew' comment painted on your lower rear bumper in the video. I understand the other stuff on there done in fun (even if tasteless) but I just don't "get" that one.