Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Legitimate Window Tint Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-10, 05:31 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sc-driver
I hope you're not inferring that I am a "typical internet tough guy" talking down towards law enforcement. I'm glad an actual deputy could answer my questions and get a definite answer to my questions.

I think I brought up a legitimate question whether or not it is right/justifiable for a police officer to ask if you had something illegal based on having something legal.
No, not at all.

I was referring to threads like the one that got closed a couple days ago talking trash. Your conversation was on point.
Old 10-31-10, 05:54 PM
sc-driver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ecr527
I think what Stick is trying to tell you is once an officer has you pulled over for doing something illegal (like speeding, etc), then it's game on for him/her to start looking for anything else wrong with you or your vehicle.
Yup, I see that now. It's just annoying, I guess.

Originally Posted by trukn1
The inspection process, as well as what they look for, for trucks in totally different than what is looked for on cars. As truckers we are CONSTANTLY under scrutiny for violations of ANY sort (bulb out,,all the way up to shoddy equipment). Reason being is that it is a money maker and tickets for trucks generate higher fines. Trucker here.
I've ridden with my dad in his truck before and there definitely are countless of requirements you have to maintain all the time.

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
No, not at all.

I was referring to threads like the one that got closed a couple days ago talking trash. Your conversation was on point.
Cool . Thanks
Old 10-31-10, 07:46 PM
stick
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trukn1
The inspection process, as well as what they look for, for trucks in totally different than what is looked for on cars. As truckers we are CONSTANTLY under scrutiny for violations of ANY sort (bulb out,,all the way up to shoddy equipment). Reason being is that it is a money maker and tickets for trucks generate higher fines. Trucker here.
This is true.

I don't know too much about CHP and the commercial enforcement they do, but I know they check big rig equipment and driver logs for sleep and maintenance. I guess it's because of the large trucks they drive and the amount to driving they do, safety is the reason for the enforcement