Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Damn! '09 GTR's as low as $62K with under 8K miles!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-10, 03:45 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Yes a Ferrari is not a GTR just like an ISF isnt an M3 or a GS430 isnt an E55. All different cars is all im trying to say. Yes the GTR is a really sweet machine, but its nowhere near even parking next to a Ferrari. Regardless if it has 1900 horsepower, a 50 cal that pops out of the quarters and can hover like Michael J Fox' DeLorean, its still a nissan. Some smart individual up there mentioned that they would rather have a Z06and i couldnt agree more. That right there is bang for your buck, but even a ZO6 i wouldnt compare to a ferrari. It's more than just about the name its about what it has created in the world and the history and nostalgia that are associated with it. Go ask a kid in some village in Africa. He knows Coca Cola, and Ferrari. I don't think he cares about whatever it is you mentioned this nissan has on a FERRARI.

http://www.ferrari.com/English/about...o_Ferrari.aspx

Last edited by D-Boi; 11-05-10 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-05-10, 03:53 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D-Boi
^^ Yes a Ferrari is not a GTR just like an ISF isnt an M3 or a GS430 isnt an E55. All different cars is all im trying to say. Yes the GTR is a really sweet machine, but its nowhere near even parking next to a Ferrari. Regardless if it has 1900 horsepower, a 50 cal that pops out of the quarters and can hover like Michael J Fox' DeLorean, its still a nissan. Some smart individual up there mentioned that they would rather have a Z06and i couldnt agree more. That right there is bang for your buck, but even a ZO6 i wouldnt compare to a ferrari. It's more than just about the name its about what it has created in the world and the history and nostalgia that are associated with it. Go ask a kid in some village in Africa. He knows Coca Cola, and Ferrari. I don't think he cares about whatever it is you mentioned this nissan has on a FERRARI.

You've made you point quite clear....you care more about the badge on the hood than about what the actual car has to offer.
Old 11-05-10, 04:03 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
You've made you point quite clear....you care more about the badge on the hood than about what the actual car has to offer.
lol guys being guys i guess, its just car enthusiasts talking and obviously my opinion is mine and yours is yours. I totally understand what you mean, you look for creature comforts which is completely legit. All that i am trying to convey is that there's more to a Ferrari than the car itself. Its not about the metal or plastic or the motor or tires or anything, its about the feeling of being in one or owning one. Me being a middle class citizen who chose a career in public service (should have been a dentist) can never afford an 80 thousand dollar car. So when i daydream about owning an exotic car i think Ferrari. This is true for almost all inhabitants of this planet who have heard of, seen a picture, or have even been in one. The Hyundai Equus is a really sweet car and probbaly is comparable to the 750,s550 or ls460 but that doesn't mean it can compare with them, its still a Hyundai
hiunday honday whatever the hell you spell it like.
Old 11-05-10, 04:10 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D-Boi

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
I'll take it one step further... I've got better things to do than have a Ferrari 360 serviced all the time and looking at it rather than driving it... so does the guy in Africa, IF he's smart enough to recognize the difference between the two. Since I like to DRIVE (hence the forum) I'd go with a GT-R AND a Z06 over a Ferrari 360. Like CDN said, even if one has the money, that doesn't make it a smart buy... which I believe was the original topic, how much GT-R values have fallen...

Besides, if I was strictly looking to pick up some tail, there are a HOST of cars that would work... even if she didn't have a clue about cars

Just saw new post.... we all dream!!!! And you can choose what you want... respectfully, even if I had a billion dollars, Ferrari is still not on my list...
Old 11-05-10, 04:16 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Lol i hope nobody buys the pre owned 360s so they fall into my price range of 25k dollars haha
Old 11-05-10, 07:55 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

To settle things straight...Ferrari > Nissan...you will never see a 2011 GTR parked in the front of a valet in place of a 2002 360 Modena...the Nissan will have its place in the back even though it will be in front during a race...
Old 11-05-10, 07:58 PM
LexFather

Old 11-05-10, 08:13 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IStoSC
To settle things straight...Ferrari > Nissan...you will never see a 2011 GTR parked in the front of a valet in place of a 2002 360 Modena...the Nissan will have its place in the back even though it will be in front during a race...
Really??? Is that so???

If the Bellagio is willing to park an F next to a 430 in their valet....I'm pretty sure that there wouldn't be much of an issue getting a GT R parked up front.
Attached Thumbnails Damn!  '09 GTR's as low as K with under 8K miles!-bellagio-valet.jpg  
Old 11-05-10, 08:18 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is a 360 spyder
Old 11-05-10, 08:25 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikez
That is a 360 spyder
LOL! You are correct sir.

(Pic is from a couple years ago and I didn't look that close at it )
Old 11-05-10, 10:10 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

i with any modern ferrari > gtr. with the declining sales, who knows if it will prevail. i mean honestly look at the viper, 3000gt vr-4, supra tt, 300zx, etc. all those cars of the 90's were kinda of like today's gtr.

and that's still a picture of a ferrari with a lexus, not nissan. i see the stretched point, but it's still not the same. maybe there should be a poll with this to see how most CL voting members feel.

Last edited by malujerry; 11-05-10 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-05-10, 10:26 PM
nine3es
Lead Lap

POLL IT! imo
Old 11-05-10, 10:48 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

So what's the poll question?

I'd suggest:

Would you buy a used F360 Modena just for the badge on the hood vs. an '09 GT R that does almost everything better?

A. Yes...I fully admit I'm a badge whoor.
B. No...I actually look at the overall car and make a decision regardless of the badge.

Guys, I'm not trying to suggest that I'd take a GT R over any Ferrari. But to suggest that a F360 is a better car in any way (other than looks...but that's subjective) than a GT R is simply not true. To discount it simply for being a Nissan is the definition of car snob. This isn't a $10K Versa or $20K Altima....This is a $90K machine that outperforms some of the greatest sports cars in existence.
Old 11-06-10, 07:41 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

GT-R wins by default, reason why it won, soon as you start making up what if scenarios, you actually sound like you don't know why or what your talking about
Old 11-06-10, 08:27 AM
superchan7
Lead Lap

For the issue between GT-R and F. 360, I don't think they are really comparable. The GT-R is a tech box released in 2009. It will provide far superior overall performance and reliability. The 360 is an Italian sports car that dates back to the late 1990s. It has none of the modern gadgets except for the F1 gearbox which was far ahead of its time.

I have driven a 360 Spider F1 once, but I have not driven a GT-R. The 360 will likely please in 3 ways that the GT-R may not be able to match:
1. Badge snobbery and historical appeal
2. Engine and exhaust noise (IMO no other carmaker can match their V8s and V12s)
3. Crisper turn-in due to mid-engine layout, light weight and good suspension/chassis design

Back to the original topic, I'm not sure the used market for GT-Rs has stabilized yet. The car is still new and it may be hard to sell for higher because the demand is not quite there yet. Plus there is the awareness of supercar-rivalling maintenance costs such as the $8k brake job (is this because it uses CCBs? If so then it's more understandable), the $20k warranty-denied transmission replacement, etc.

Quick Reply: Damn! '09 GTR's as low as $62K with under 8K miles!