Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Damn! '09 GTR's as low as $62K with under 8K miles!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-10, 11:00 AM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what i wish i had

Here is what i have loll
Old 11-06-10, 01:21 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For me I would take the Ferrari 360 over the GTR any day.

Yes, I am a badge *****. However, just the thought of having a Ferrari in my garage makes me excited, the sound, the looks, the exoticness!

GTR sounds fun, but a GTR is just like my Lexus = really well made sheets of metal stamped together. Doesn't really embody anything emotional for me.
Old 11-06-10, 03:21 PM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikez
For me I would take the Ferrari 360 over the GTR any day.

Yes, I am a badge *****. However, just the thought of having a Ferrari in my garage makes me excited, the sound, the looks, the exoticness!

GTR sounds fun, but a GTR is just like my Lexus = really well made sheets of metal stamped together. Doesn't really embody anything emotional for me.
if you really want a Ferrari and can't afford newer model you should look into the older one like these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-...item2a0b83aba7

there are plenty of older Ferrari for under 20k... i have seen a few at co parts sold for couple thousands dollars.. it is quite afforable you can buy one park at your garage and tell the whole world you got a FERRARI
Old 11-06-10, 03:38 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No thanks, its not that I can't afford to buy a 360, the running cost of ownership will really put my finances on the edge lol.

Plus, dino and mondial is just pure junk, those things are ugly and only fanatics like them. Porsche 356 ranks more exotic than GTR in my books, but that is just my personal preference.
Old 11-06-10, 07:15 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hands down a GT-R...its in the next 24 month plan...but CDN Im with you on this one.
Old 11-06-10, 10:27 PM
LexFather

Polltime????

Old 11-07-10, 09:52 AM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Really??? Is that so???

If the Bellagio is willing to park an F next to a 430 in their valet....I'm pretty sure that there wouldn't be much of an issue getting a GT R parked up front.
That is a 360 Spyder so my point still stands and I bet if someone pulled up in a GTR they would place it or the F in the back...and if another 2002 36 pulled it up it would sit next to this spyder...that just how it works...

I do agree with you that we should have a poll...
Old 11-07-10, 02:53 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the rear
Attached Thumbnails Damn!  '09 GTR's as low as K with under 8K miles!-nissan_gtr_-_wald_body_kit_134474_20080920.jpg  
Old 11-08-10, 07:44 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, the point of my thread was to just show everyone that a pre-owned new GTR could be had by a middle-classer where at one time when new it was $90K (to as much as $100K)! Hands down this is an incredicle machine and looks menacing in person. It may not be Ferrari but I know it would still turn heads in MANY areas due to not being a dime a dozen like a Zo6 or other alike.

First off, if one had $50-60K to spend on a car and wanted a super high performance car then GTR and/or Zo6 should be the top choices...and these cars wouldn't have a crapload of miles on them. Try buying ANY Ferrari at this pricepoint and you would either get a 10yr old Ferrari with high miles or a slightly newer Ferrari (7-8 years old) but one of the lowest models...also with high miles. and the servicing would dwarf that of the GTR's servicing.

Ferrari is a beautiful car but A LOT comes with it. I would NOT want to SQUEEZE my budget and buy an old Ferrari with high miles, pay insane amounts of money for servicing and park it in the driveway of my $400K house in NY...lol. IMHO these types of cars are "supposed to be" for the rich parked in top neighborhoods in the driveway of AT LEAST $1MM+ homes.

Seriously, I like to buy cars that are:

A) within range of my finances
B) within range of my overall standard of living
C) within range of my envioronment (i.e. neighborhood, house etc etc)

In my immediate area people seem to keep their cars at $80K and lower. Anyone with a Bentley or out of the ordinary type car in our area is "hood rich." Everything goes towards their car, where house, family and retirement is on back burner; these types annoy me. If your not in that class YET stop trying to pretend you are there!

This is why the MOST I would ever spend on a car in my CURRENT lifestyle is around $50K whether new or pre-owned (no more than 2 years old)...depends on how much I like the car. So no, no 8 year old Maserati's for me. lol However, ONE day if I would decide on a weekend car it is NICE to know that a great car like the GTR can be had by us middle-class folk. Same reason why I LOVE Lexus! It is still a rather high-end vehicle but not over the top where it looks weird in anything but a top tier neighborhood.

The GTR is also nice since it is ALREADY a twin-turbo'd car it is easily moddable (and rather inexpensive) even if you just want to safely add another 60hp or so...not so with a Ferrari or other high-end vehicles.
Old 11-08-10, 08:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

it's amazing how some just have to associate the gtr with everything else in the world (in either direction), can't really figure it out. SOME comparisons, cool.

gtr is no doubt a great machine and for the performance, it's CHEAP. but that's if you can face all the maintenance bills. it's a car that suck you into the wallet black hole if you don't read the fine print. car is cheap, but maintenance is something else.

that's exactly why so many people were/are selling theirs before they are faced with those bills, and also why interest / sales on gtr drop off very quickly
Old 11-19-10, 06:43 PM
markkin
Rookie

According to the latest issue of Motor Trend, the projected 3 year residual value of the Nissan GT-R will be $47,500 which makes it an affordable middle class super sport car.
Old 11-19-10, 08:01 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

there will be those who migrate towards a certain badge, and there's nothing wrong with that. that just means that the company has done a good enough job in influencing a non-current owner to maybe purchase one of their products soon. but it's hard to argue against the GTR and its power off the factory line. a great bang for your buck vehicle. a badge is more than a badge; its status, and if numbers and stats were thrown out, i think, given history and how people view certain brands, they'd rather have the ferrari than a nissan. i asked my parents about this issue, and they were quite adamant about lamborghini and ferrari and maserati for the NAME. performance and beating out other rides didn't concern them, but they and some more elderly (45+ age) were saying brand perception definitely strokes the ego greatly. nissan with its GTR, though wickedly fast and powerful, is still only a nissan in their eyes.

my personal approach- if i had the money, which one day i hope to attain such income to afford, i'd go with ferrari, not because it's a brand name i'd like to associate with, but rather because of my parents for wanting such a higher echelon vehicle. (my personal preference is lambo though).
Old 11-19-10, 10:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by markkin
According to the latest issue of Motor Trend, the projected 3 year residual value of the Nissan GT-R will be $47,500 which makes it an affordable middle class super sport car.
it's just like those who see a ferrari 360 or so for 80k and think it's affordable -- until they find out about the cost of oil change
Old 11-20-10, 01:08 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't want to drive either of the cars being debated.

For a little bit more you could pick up a 2007 911 turbo, if someone was so inclined.
Old 11-20-10, 06:36 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
it's just like those who see a ferrari 360 or so for 80k and think it's affordable -- until they find out about the cost of oil change
the bigger costs are gonna be the tires, ATF and diff fluid. The air filters were pretty expensive too. It uses standard mobil 1 synthetic. Wonder if its easy for a DIY job. With the price of labor being high its more attractive to DIY as compared to most cars.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 11-20-10 at 06:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Damn! '09 GTR's as low as $62K with under 8K miles!