Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hyundai's warranty actually STINKS !

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-10, 09:25 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

It sucks but it's true. I got my compay Kia van that needs to go in for warranty work. Luckily we have 3 extra vehicles. Even with premium brand's loaner/courtesy vehicle policy is different from dealer to dealer. The dealers that provide loaners makes you feel good but you're actually paying that with inflated service costs.

Downtown LA MB has Enterprise rental car company next to service department. Once I had to take previous C-class for warranty work. They paid for the rental but I had to pay for insurance lol. MB of Anaheim on the other hand had Camry's as loaners and their service costs were very reasonable.
Old 11-19-10, 08:29 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I've tried most every Lexus dealer here and my relationship is different than most owners but I have bought multiple vehicles from them, send multiple referrals who have bought vehicles and send many owners to them for service. To me my dealer Hennessy Lexus is simply much better than the others in particular the Gwinnett location. The other dealerships are okay and one on the southside is pretty bad to me.

Even though I do my own oil changes they have done major services and installed many modified parts so its not like they are being short changed, even if I buy the parts.
I guess you do spend money at the service department and sounds like the dealer knows you. From my experience, the sales and service department don't know each other and don't talk to each other. So in my case, regardless of how many cars you buy from them, the service department don't know or care, they just care if you spend money at service.

A car is most peoples 2nd largest purchase behind a home and I don't understand why anyone would not want a great relationship with their dealer.
I want a great relationship, that's why I asked. But I don't know how to do it without spending unnecessary time and money on their pointless services. And I install all of my aftermarket parts myself.

Again depends on the person.
Some people like going to a nicer grocery store which is more expensive than one that is cheaper but looks older.
Some people prefer exceptional hotels while some people don't really care.
Some people rather a more expensive home in a desirable zip code then a bigger one that is cheaper in a regular zip code.
All just personal preferences

The market seems to like nice dealerships since they all are improving and we have seen the luxury brands invest billions to improve dealerships, some to hotel levels.
Even one of my local body shop's lobby looks like a 4 stars hotel

We also have to recognize the power of women. Women like these luxurious dealerships and they will spend their money there instead of an average looking dealer.
Women seems to care more about accommodation then men do