Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota Is the First Automotive Manufacturer to Incorporate Clear Channel’s iheartradi

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-10, 05:23 PM
LexFather

Default Toyota Is the First Automotive Manufacturer to Incorporate Clear Channel’s iheartradi

http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/t...ve-179039.aspx

TORRANCE, CALIF., Nov. 15, 2010 – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS) U.S.A., Inc. today announced that it will be working with Clear Channel Radio’s iheartradio, incorporating more than 750 of America’s favorite radio stations and other exclusive content into select Toyota vehicles beginning in 2011. This is the first partnership Toyota is announcing for mobile application integration. More details will be released at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January 2011.
"Personalization is important to our customers. Delivering iHeartradio in the vehicle will allow our owners to customize their drive-time experience”, said Jon Bucci, vice president advanced technology, TMS. "I have always felt Toyota provides one of the best audio platforms and this partnership takes it even further."

“Using our digital expertise to further enhance the driving experience, and make the car the next digital audio and information platform for consumers, it is great to work with a leading automotive partner in Toyota,” said John Hogan, president and CEO, Clear Channel Radio. “Our iheartradio service is a perfect fit for the car, offering literally hundreds of radio stations and dozens of programming genres to choose from – whether that is your hometown favorite you grew up with, a station in the city you are driving in, or a category of music or information that engages you. You’ll be able to have your favorite entertainment, nationally or locally, with real time traffic updates.”

Toyota will be working closely with Clear Channel’s iheartradio to integrate its mobile app into select Toyota vehicles starting next year. With more than 10.5 million consumers using the mobile app, iheartradio will allow Toyota customers to access more than 750 of America’s favorite local radio stations, as well as unique celebrity-hosted channels from Christina Aguilera, Eagles, and Weezer, local traffic reports and commercial-free shows from Ryan Seacrest, Elvis Duran and the some of the best DJs and hosts from across the country.

About Toyota
Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. is the marketing, sales, distribution and customer service arm of Toyota, Lexus and Scion. Established in 1957, TMS markets products and services through a network of nearly 1,500 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealers which sold more than 1.77 million vehicles in 2009. Toyota directly employs nearly 30,000 people in the U.S. and its investment here is currently valued at more than $18 billion.

For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyota.com, or www.toyotanewsroom.com.

About Clear Channel Radio
Clear Channel Radio is a leading radio company focused on serving local communities across the U.S. with an audience of more than 110 million choosing Clear Channel Radio programming each week. The company's content can be heard on AM/FM stations, HD digital radio channels, on the Internet, at iheartradio.com and on the iheartradio mobile application on iPods and smart phones, and used via navigation systems from TomTom, Garmin and others. Clear Channel Radio’s iheartradio app delivers over 750 of America's favorite local radio stations, celebrity-hosted channels, local traffic reports & exclusive videos. The company's operations include radio broadcasting, syndication and independent media representation. Clear Channel Radio is a division of Clear Channel Communications, Inc. (OTCBB:CCMO), a leading global media and entertainment company.

Old 11-15-10, 08:02 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

I've had this app on my Blackberry and iphone for some time now!

My fave stations:

SF: KYLD Wild 949, 106.1 KMEL, 98.1 KISS FM
LA: 99.1 KGGI, 102.7 KIIS-FM
SD: Channel 933
Old 11-15-10, 09:36 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

so...no lexus?
Old 11-16-10, 09:15 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I've been using it for free on my Moto Droid for a year now.
Old 11-16-10, 09:37 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
Yeah, I've been using it for free on my Moto Droid for a year now.

What?! I have to find this. I need to search tha app store more often.
Old 11-16-10, 09:58 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Damn, why have I not heard of this beofre. So excited to get NYC stations again!
Old 11-17-10, 06:29 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,591 Posts

better than pandora?
Old 11-17-10, 06:41 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 160 Likes on 118 Posts

since everyone was moaning about Toyota/Lexus navis before, this should be exciting, right?

Touch Screen Multimedia Interface
Toyota marks a first in the mini-MPV segment by equipping Verso-S with a new 6.1-inch, full colour Touch Screen Multimedia Interface. This gives clear and easy access to controls for the radio, CD/MP3 player and Bluetooth. There is also a USB port for connecting portable music players, and the screen can display album cover artwork (with compatible music players) and present the real-time view from a rear parking camera.

At a later date, Toyota will introduce Navi-Box as an option, a booster system that allows pictures to be viewed and music to be sorted from a USB-connected source.

Navi-Box enhances satellite navigation functions, with speed camera warnings and motorway signage, and it gives access to Google-connected services, for example points of interest that can be downloaded from the internet and entered as destinations. Other applications include links to social networking services, fuel prices, news and weather reports.
http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Toyot...o-S-Specs.html

Toyota announced new infotainment system for Verso-S and for Accessory installs. Verso-S is small MPV, something like xD for Europe, so it is very affordable.

It will be able to playback videos from ipods as well!
Old 11-17-10, 07:35 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
better than pandora?
Well, it's a different thing. iHeartRadio streams existing radio stations. Pandora streams personalized music based on artist selections.

I use iHeartRadio exclusively to stream a local talk radio AM channel that I can't get in very clearly.

iHeartRadio does nead to work out some kinks though. Some people have trouble maintaining a connection on their phones. Pandora seems to do a much better job maintaining a signal.
Old 11-17-10, 07:39 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's this Clear Channel stuff? Is it something like what you guys in America have? (I think it's called satellite radio or something). So yeah, is it similar to that (like those XM or Sirius or what other stuff)?
Old 11-17-10, 07:44 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blackraven
What's this Clear Channel stuff? Is it something like what you guys in America have? (I think it's called satellite radio or something). So yeah, is it similar to that (like those XM or Sirius or what other stuff)?
They're just a radio and advertising conglomerate. They operate 850 radio stations throughout the US. They also own millions of billboards and other outdoor advertising.
Old 11-17-10, 08:10 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OH I see. Are their radio stations country-wide or only limited to specific geographical areas within America?
Old 11-17-10, 08:23 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blackraven
OH I see. Are their radio stations country-wide or only limited to specific geographical areas within America?
There's approximately 14,000 radio stations in the US. Many dozens of choices in any given area. And this is just AM/FM. Satellite radio just adds to this.

As far as individual stations, they only cover what is range capable. Many talk shows are carried nationwide but on hundreds of different stations (Rush Limbaugh for example).
Old 11-17-10, 06:32 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 160 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
There's approximately 14,000 radio stations in the US. Many dozens of choices in any given area. And this is just AM/FM. Satellite radio just adds to this.

As far as individual stations, they only cover what is range capable. Many talk shows are carried nationwide but on hundreds of different stations (Rush Limbaugh for example).
i feel bad for satelite radio companies... if Toyota is doing streamed radio, it means technology works, and it is going to be much cheaper to operate overall that satellite radio... plus better quality!