Matte black vinyl wrap of Lexus ES 350

Subscribe
Just wanted to share pictures and details of a black matte wrap project finished for me just earlier today in Las Vegas.
Material used: one roll of 3M 1080-12M matte black purchased here:
http://www.montroy.com/catalog/main/...m_no=1080M1260
(the material was recommended by demo wrappers at the last SEMA in Las Vegas, they say this is the newest and smoother 3M material with smaller micro air release pockets than previous ones)

Labor cost: $900 (low price by someone who does this on the side besides his daily wrapping job, while official quotes run ~$2K)

Labor time: ~30 hours (3 days)

Potential issues: parking sensors seem degraded and raise false alarms. Possibly the vinyl will need to be sliced or cut out in those areas.

Results: looks very detailed and professional, awesome look for guys, awful for girls. Actually this was a surprise gift for my wife (it's her car) but both her and our two girl kids are already begging me to remove it from their car. They didn't like their previous light blue but seem to hate the matte black. I can't comprehend why anyone wouldn't love this look, they can't comprehend what guys see in it. Go figure...

Matte black vinyl wrap of Lexus ES 350-cimg0586.jpg   Matte black vinyl wrap of Lexus ES 350-cimg0588.jpg   Matte black vinyl wrap of Lexus ES 350-cimg0594.jpg   Matte black vinyl wrap of Lexus ES 350-cimg0596.jpg   Matte black vinyl wrap of Lexus ES 350-cimg0600.jpg  

I don't think it looks bad, personally...but I like the matte look on some cars. That said, I think it often looks better on modded performance cars than something like an ES, but I'm surprised at the outcome.

So you took your wife's car, wrapped it, and then gave it back to her as a surprise? Kinda funny to be honest...lol.
Would look ten times better if you tinted it, it wouldn't look like a car covered in primer. To be honest, and es is one of the last cars i would do this to doesn't really fit, if people are getting at what i mean. If its your wifes, unwrap it and still tint it
it doesnt look bad at all. but personally i wouldve kept the gloss from the factory paint. it looks better for the ES, as it gives a more elegant look. matte has more of a primer look, which IMO doesn't suit the ES as well. but it'll protect the paint should anything happen, which is an upside.
Looks like primer. Matte black is not suited for this car
It's not bad. +1 for creativity on this model
Yeah the job seems well done but really out of place on an ES.
Quote: Looks like primer. Matte black is not suited for this car
That's what it will look to most, like primer.
It's not right for an ES nor for a woman. I would have picked a different color, like white.
It is certainly not meant for an ES, but it speaks well for the product and the guy who applied it. Looks like a fine job.
+5 for a quality job but its a bit out of place on ES.
Thanks for all the comments. Too me and friends the car looks a bit better in person, similar to some wrapped Audis and BMWs we've seen. But these are good points about ES, and since wife doesn't like it I will be getting it off soon. Consider it failed experiment, good lesson, and hopefully useful topic and pics for others considering similar projects with ES.

Actually my wife says that all of a sudden she appreciates her original light blue color of the ES but if I wanted to wrap the car so much then I should've considered white pearl color (and I have such vinyl wrap sample made by Hexis). Hmm, maybe I'll surprise her again, stay tuned :-)
any pics of Gallardo?
I think the wrap would work if the car had, VIP styled 20's, some tire tuckage, window tint, blacked out headlight housings/chrome trim along with smoked tails. In stock form...not quite there.
It does not look good at all in my opinion. Maybe a drop, nice wheels, and some tint will do the trick.