Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Audi, BMW, Mercedes are tops in China's consumer complaint ranking list

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-10, 08:49 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

no surprise. Audi sells the most. It will have the most complaints.

more whiners buy a car. There will be more whining.

duh...

also, aren't chinese audis assembled in china? maybe the chinese don't assemble cars as well as their german counterparts.
Old 11-30-10, 09:03 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
I understand the virtues that develop status, but I seriously don't get why quality/reliability doesn't need to go hand and hand with status.

To me, doesn't a status symbol usually equate to being the best? IMO, you can't be the "best" if you're plagued with problems as German cars have been for decades. I don't care how it drives if I can't drive it trouble free.

People still place Mercedes and BMW above Lexus in terms of pure status, which leads me to believe that the perception of status is flawed. Seems like a long history is valued over what is actually the best.

Then again, status is often simply equated to what is the most expensive, which is partly why the Germans lead in this category. A Rolex holds the best status among watches but it doesn't necessarily hold the best time.
First, try to define what "best" means?

Second, being the "best" is not necessarily important when defining luxury goods. It's all about brand image and perception. Rolex is perhaps the finest example of this with watches that are sought after, expensive, and hold their value incredibly well, if not even appreciating. Easily one of the most respected and revered luxury brands in the world today.

Bottom line however, is that, as time pieces, they do a poor job. There are a multitude of much less expensive watches that do a much better job of actually keeping time.