Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The threat to Honda's mojo:Year of opportunity goes in reverse for brand

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-10, 12:20 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice posts SiCKLEX. These journalists are stating what everyone on this board has been talking about for years.

Sadly, Honda is in trouble and we all know it. Let's hope they can turn the company around and build some good looking cars that people want to drive. Simple formula really. They've got the engineering and quality down, something most brands struggle with.
Old 12-20-10, 09:31 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce van
Sadly, Honda is in trouble and we all know it. Let's hope they can turn the company around and build some good looking cars that people want to drive. Simple formula really. They've got the engineering and quality down, something most brands struggle with.
Well, they definitely have the quality down, but the engineering is one area where some people are complaining. For example, one complaint is that Honda is not using enough 6-speed automatics, even in their top-level products like the Acura RL. And, though I personally don't find the 5-speed vs. 6-speed automatic controversy that big of an issue, I will admit that the Honda IMA hybrid system needs work for more smoothness/refinement....so does the CVT unit in the CR-Z.

Honda did, however, become the first company, in the new CR-Z, to use a 6-speed manual in a gas/electric hybrid. I actually recommend that version over the CVT...and, for most driving, I rarely recommend manuals over automatics.