Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Forbes: Worst Car Flops of 2010

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-10, 04:22 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Suzuki Kisashi is a perfect example of why a brand's name is so important because it shows that no matter how good a product is, the brand attached to it remains the indicator of whether it succeeds or fails.

Here we have a car that looks really nice and distinct. It's a very good performer and it is well built. Yet, no one is buying it because Americans don't buy Suzuki's outside of a small economy car here and there. The SX4 is as far as people are willing to go. I just don't see them lasting much longer in the US.

Last edited by -J-P-L-; 12-08-10 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-08-10, 10:05 AM
GS3Tek

Received 167 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
If 2010 doesn't set Honda straight, nothing will. They dominated the year in flops and I hope management is listening. It's not just the ugliness, they're making fundamental mistakes such as designing whole vehicle types that shouldn't exist (most notably the Crosstour). The Insight, on the other hand demonstrates Honda's failing technology. To even introduce a Prius fighter that gets only 40/43 MPG when the Prius gets 48/51 MPG is embarrassing to Honda nevermind that the Insight looks like a cheap knockoff and basically has the interior of a Honda Fit.
yep, 2010 was the year of the recalls and it's sad that with all the toyota recalls, honda couldn't even use that advantage to sell more cars

I see crosstours (more than insights) daily and it burns my eyes
Old 12-08-10, 10:43 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I see crosstours (more than insights) daily and it burns my eyes
Same here in Silicon Valley. I once mistook a (Cross)turd for a zit(Dx), regardless my disgust was the same, it stunk up the landscape.