Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW 1 series M Coupe officially revealed (priced)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-10, 11:38 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

As with the current 1-series, looks like both coupe and convertible versions are now planned. It is still unclear, though, if it will be a single or twin-turbo setup.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-cars/2012-bmw-m1

We’ve been longing for an M version of BMW’s 1 Series coupe since the 1 Series tii concept made its debut at the Tokyo Motor Show back in 2007. Finally, recent spy photos point to this coming true, most likely by 2011 in Europe and 2012 in North America. A source at BMW told us two things regarding a 1 Series M: First, that “there seems to be something to the rumors.” And second, if it happens, it will be during the North American coupe’s current life cycle, which puts it no later than the 2013 model year.

Whether the car will actually be called an “M1” remains to be seen, as it’s doubtful BMW would apply the name from its storied mid-engine supercar from the late 1970s to a 1 Series.

What’s more certain is the drivetrain: The 1 Series M will use a turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-6 and rear-wheel drive. The debate rests on whether it will be a pumped-up version of the current car’s twin-turbo setup, or if it will adopt the new twin-scroll single turbo found in the revamped 3 Series Coupe/Cabrio and the new 535i. Either way, expect power to be about 350 bhp, an increase of 50 bhp over the current 135i.

The M treatment will include stiffer suspension, bigger brakes, larger wheels, stickier tires and styling enhancements, along with a sportier interior. As with the M3, both coupe and convertible versions of the 1 Series M are expected.
Old 05-10-10, 10:30 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default The signature M Quads are on!

BMW has listened to the rants & has delivered the M quad exhaust system..

I can't wait to test out this little terror.. I am sure to get an invite when it comes to shore
Old 05-10-10, 10:36 AM
LexFather

Call the police its a bomb!

Old 07-08-10, 04:14 PM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation BMW 1M COUPE revealed by BMW!!!

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406297

WOW never thought this thing would actually be made.
Weird that they revealed it with camoflage, but damn that thing sounds sick!
Old 07-08-10, 08:40 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by STIG
I need to replace my most beloved daily driver IS350.
why? curious....
Old 07-08-10, 10:11 PM
LexFather

the camo teaser is lame. Porsche does teasers well. That said I really look forward to this car.

Old 07-09-10, 04:40 AM
St00k
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BMW 1 Series M Confirmed (with video)

BMW 1 Series M Coupe Confirmed and You Could be the First to Drive It [video] | AutoGuide.com News

BMW has confirmed an M version of its 1 Series Coupe with a YouTube video showing the small sports car being rung out on Spain’s Ascari race track. No concrete details are yet known about the car but BMW M CEO Dr. Kay Segler says its so good that, “You will not leave the car. You will not give the keys to anyone else. You will smile.”

Officially called the 1 Series M Coupe (following the naming direction used with the X5 M and X6 M), it is expected to get BMW’s single-turbo inline-six engine making around 330-hp and mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. Other highlights are sure to include upgraded brakes, a stiffer and more capable suspension, not to mention a more hard-core dynamic stability control system to deliver maximum on-track fun.

But better than all this is the fact that you could be the first to drive the production version of the car once it debuts. If you’re interested (who isn’t?) enter by going to M-Power.com at the link below.

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kG16SqUl3bE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kG16SqUl3bE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Old 08-27-10, 11:37 AM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

Cool BMW 1M coupe partial unveilng video

BMW has posted a partial unveiling of its upcoming 1M Coupe

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424637

Hasn't the 1 series been out for years now? Doesn't make sense to me that they put this out now if it's only going to be in production for 1-2 years.
Old 08-27-10, 12:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

still don't like the car, but i am sure the 1m is going to put up great numbers

seriously, looking at the lineup, please crank out the damn m7 already
Old 08-27-10, 01:24 PM
LexFather

I'm looking forward to it.

Old 08-27-10, 10:13 PM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

More pics from BIMMERPOST

Old 08-27-10, 10:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

it's pretty funny how they cover up most of the car and reviewing a corner of it. i mean, there will be some details, but we know how most of the m look
Old 08-27-10, 10:58 PM
LexFather

its lame. Its not like its a 458 or SLS or even LFA fighter or anything. Just show the car.

Old 08-28-10, 12:44 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow, worst reveal ever! They are going to reveal it in segments till about a month or two from now. That's incredibly corny.

Very excited that they are doing this. All these performance options are great, however they need a clean sheet redesign. 1 series looks to frumpy and goofy to me.
Old 08-28-10, 02:34 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Potential to be a modern day E36 M3.

Quick Reply: BMW 1 series M Coupe officially revealed (priced)