Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Flawless Rides

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-10, 08:57 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Flawless Rides

Has anyone ever bought from flawlessrides.com? I found them through google and I'm thinking about buying a set of wheels through them. Just wanted to check if anyone has had any experience with them, good or bad. Kind of a big purchase for online.
Old 12-09-10, 05:17 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I thought flawless rides was a used car lot with flawless vehicles.
Old 08-01-11, 03:27 PM
Yes

Just in case anyone searches them, I would not recommend buying from Flawless Rides.

I ordered a set of wheels in December. I was told I'd have them in 2 months. After that came and went, I called and they said my wheels weren't finished and missed the shipment from Japan. That it would be another month. After that came and went, I got the same story. Again. And again. And again. They even used the tsunami as an excuse.

Finally, I wrote to AME North America. Apparently, Flawless Rides never placed my order then lied about it for the next 8 months. It took another month from the time AME NA talked to them, but I finally got a refund today. But dealing with Flawless was a huge headache and a mistake.
Old 08-01-11, 04:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am glad you got your money back.
Old 08-01-11, 05:21 PM
Yes

Thanks. I was starting to get worried.
Old 08-01-11, 09:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I will never do business with them. I will pass on the word. These low end trashy shops need to be closed down
Old 08-02-11, 07:36 AM
Yes

They looked legit. They have a decent website and I checked their better business borough rating. They'd never had a complaint. No one had complained on yelp or google either. But after dealing with them, it's obvious they have no clue what they're doing.

Some of the lies they told me were pretty outrageous. The first time I called, they said my wheels missed the container. The second time I called, the conversation went something like this:

Me: Yeah, I need to check on some wheels I ordered in December.

FR: This is Jason, right?

Me: Yeah.

FR: Yeah, your wheels didn't get on our container.

Me: Your container?

FR: Yeah, we have our own container. Two of them actually?

Me: You have two containers coming from Japan?

FR: Yeah, let me check. (acts like he's looking something up) Looks like I have $350,000 on the first container. And about $450,000 on the second container. Should be 2-3 more weeks.

That's when I started to get worried. There's no way in hell some little shop has one full container of JDM parts coming from Japan, let alone two. And he knew who I was when I called. Anyone with 3/4 of a million dollars in orders coming every couple of months might have a little harder time recognizing their customers' voices on the phone.
Old 08-02-11, 07:56 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

glad you get the money back, did they give you a refund directly or you file complaints, dispute to get it back???
Old 08-02-11, 08:21 AM
Yes

They sent it through Paypal, which was really weird. I had paid with a credit card. The other weird part was they paid it in installments. They sent me $1000 last Friday. Then $600 Saturday. Then the last $1000 yesterday. It's like they had to scrape it together.
Old 08-02-11, 08:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

lol, yeah, 500k in shipment, must be hard to scramble 2600
Old 08-02-11, 10:08 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
They sent it through Paypal, which was really weird. I had paid with a credit card. The other weird part was they paid it in installments. They sent me $1000 last Friday. Then $600 Saturday. Then the last $1000 yesterday. It's like they had to scrape it together.
Its not bad that they actually refund you, really scum would wait for you to file a dispute through CC and then they take it as you want to cancel the order and only refund 50% due to its a custom special order. <--you can still get back 100% but it will be some hassle!!

installments.....ok, so he have $1000 credit limit one card, $1000 on the second one, and $600 on the other one....haha, so he make you pay the 3% paypal fee?
Old 08-02-11, 10:40 AM
Yes

He sent it as a "gift," which doesn't charge Paypal fees.

I didn't get the feeling that they were going to steal my money. What happened was they were running a 25% off promotion when I placed my order. According to AME North America, that put them at less than they could order them for.

They should have just cancelled my order and told me the promotion doesn't apply to custom ordered wheels. I think they were afraid I'd go after them for false advertising or something like that.

The only two scenarios I can think of are either they were hoping the exchange rate would improve and they could order them for less than I paid. Or they never had any intention of ordering them and decided to sit on my money until I got fed up and demanded a refund.

They may also have thought about ripping me off then thought better of it after AME's North America distributer got involved.

The funny thing is they never came clean and told me the truth. The last thing they told me was another shop must have taken my wheels. Which doesn't even make sense.
Old 08-02-11, 11:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

lol, another shop took the wheels. that's original
Old 08-02-11, 12:19 PM
Yes

It was especially interesting since he'd already told me they were on their shipping container in a port in Japan. So I guess another shop found their container, broke in and took my wheels.
Old 08-03-11, 05:05 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Why not order from our Vendors here on CL... Best prices and legit companies..

Quick Reply: Flawless Rides