Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MM Review: 2011 Nissan Juke

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-10, 08:40 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the review Mike!

Just shared the review with my co-worker. She's been eyeing the Juke as a possible upgrade from her Versa.

She loves your detailed input.

After your review, she realized that it doesn't have the space she would need. Using premium fuel also is a turn-off. And the "Versa-ness" of the car doesn't justify the upgrade.

She's now eyeing certified-used Rogues since Nissan can finance those at 3.9%. The Rogue has a lot more space and uses regular fuel, and she wants to have leather seats too (which the Juke doesn't offer). And it's a better bargain if the Juke doesn't have any incentives.
Old 12-13-10, 10:00 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Thanks. It's not necessarily a 100% given yet, but it looks like that's what they are going to do. I'm glad it's only one blockage and not three or four like in some cases.
First off, I wish you a speedy recovery.

I think you have to take it easy reviewing these horrendous looking cars
Kidding aside, I agree that it's cartoony looking, but it looks better than the ugly rogue.

To take the stress off future reviews for you, we should have a poll next time:

SHOULD MMARSHALL DO A REVIEW FOR THIS CAR
Old 12-14-10, 05:31 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Thanks for the review Mike!
Sure...anytime.

Just shared the review with my co-worker. She's been eyeing the Juke as a possible upgrade from her Versa.

She loves your detailed input.
Glad she liked it. In my reviews, I try to give a complete description of the car from stem to stern.

After your review, she realized that it doesn't have the space she would need. Using premium fuel also is a turn-off. And the "Versa-ness" of the car doesn't justify the upgrade.

She's now eyeing certified-used Rogues since Nissan can finance those at 3.9%. The Rogue has a lot more space and uses regular fuel, and she wants to have leather seats too (which the Juke doesn't offer). And it's a better bargain if the Juke doesn't have any incentives.
Jukes do offer leather seats. In the review, I mentioned that the other Juke in stock at the shop I was at (they had only two) had FWD, a 6MT, and leather. But I didn't choose that one to review, because I figured most people would want the CVT and AWD. I agree that the premium-fuel requirement is a negative, and that the Rogue does have more cargo space.

Here's my recent review of the 2010 Rogue, if she wants it:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...san-rogue.html

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-14-10 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-14-10, 05:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
First off, I wish you a speedy recovery.
Thanks. Looks like the surgery is set for Dec. 27. I'll probably be out from then through about New Years' Day. After that, I should be back at home.

I think you have to take it easy reviewing these horrendous looking cars
Kidding aside, I agree that it's cartoony looking, but it looks better than the ugly rogue.
With some vehicles, beauty is only skin deep. With others, ugliness is only skin deep. The Juke seems to be one of the latter. And, in fact, with the Juke, the skin may LOOK look a circus-clown in its styling, but, styling aside, the sheet metal and paint-job are both above-average in quality/solidness.

To take the stress off future reviews for you, we should have a poll next time:

SHOULD MMARSHALL DO A REVIEW FOR THIS CAR
Whether I do or don't, Hoovey2411 will probably post a review.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-14-10 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-15-10, 05:09 PM
teeder27
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will say, its an interesting looking SUV. My neighbor just bought one for a winter car, so he could keep his Porsche 996TT off of the road this winter (he has driven it the last 3 winters, all winter long). I drove it and it does have some spunk to it. If I needed an SUV, I'd buy a Murano, so much nicer and bang for buck. He's very happy with it and thats all that matters.

Yes, the CVT's in each Nissan has a 120K warranty on it. A friend of mine just traded his 05 Murano SL AWD with 200k on it and no problems with it at all. He just picked up a 2010 and will probably run it into the ground.
Old 12-16-10, 09:20 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by teeder27
I will say, its an interesting looking SUV. My neighbor just bought one for a winter car, so he could keep his Porsche 996TT off of the road this winter (he has driven it the last 3 winters, all winter long). I drove it and it does have some spunk to it. If I needed an SUV, I'd buy a Murano, so much nicer and bang for buck. He's very happy with it and thats all that matters.

Yes, the CVT's in each Nissan has a 120K warranty on it. A friend of mine just traded his 05 Murano SL AWD with 200k on it and no problems with it at all. He just picked up a 2010 and will probably run it into the ground.
Thanks. The salespeople mentioned the 120K CVT warranty, but, at the time, I couldn't find it on the Nissan website. Perhaps it is now updated.

Congragulations to your neighbor. I hope he enjoys it.
Old 01-14-11, 09:14 AM
LexFather

I've unfortunately seen maybe 4 or 5 of these and I am completely lost as to how ANYONE could buy such an ugly vehicle. Its only saving grace is that its small so its not as offensive as a larger ugly vehicle. I find nothing cool about it, nothing cute about it, nothing attractive about it.

It is one of the ugliest vehicles I've ever laid eyes on and considering the amount of ugly being sold today, that is saying a lot.

Quite frankly its borderline offensive. If you add wings it would look like a bug from StarShip Troopers.

Old 01-14-11, 11:46 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I've unfortunately seen maybe 4 or 5 of these and I am completely lost as to how ANYONE could buy such an ugly vehicle. Its only saving grace is that its small so its not as offensive as a larger ugly vehicle. I find nothing cool about it, nothing cute about it, nothing attractive about it.

It is one of the ugliest vehicles I've ever laid eyes on and considering the amount of ugly being sold today, that is saying a lot.

Quite frankly its borderline offensive. If you add wings it would look like a bug from StarShip Troopers.

I agree. Very rarely does a production vehicle come out that is borderline offensive or repulsive. The Juke is one such vehicle. I saw a few on the road and they are just terrible.
Old 01-14-11, 01:25 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see them stinking up the road sometimes, a form of urban blight.
Old 01-14-11, 02:26 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

looks quite interesting to me
Old 01-14-11, 04:01 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Reading your post from last month only reminds me how much we miss your reviews. Get well soon, Mike!

As to the Juke, it's good that the interior is relatively nice, but perhaps its best feature is while you are inside it, you aren't looking at the outside. Wow! this thing makes me want to reconsider the late, unlamented Aztek . . . and that's ugly.