Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ford FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-10, 06:39 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Ford FTW!

In light of the other thread that was started with the douchebag comment from the CEO of GM, I felt that it was appropriate that I posted a thread regarding an American company that actually deserves support.

I have made it very clear in the past that I thought that GM deserved to and should have been allowed to die. I don't see any government money bailing out my companies when they struggle.

When it came time to purchase a new truck, American made was the route I needed (more because of price point). I just couldn't find the stomach to put any money into GM or Dodge. Ford was the only company that kept their fingers out of the cookie jar. On top of that they are producing good looking, competitive vehicles. Really made the decision easy for myself....that and some great end of year incentives.

2010 F150 XLT Supercrew 4X4. Doesn't have much for options but it's a work truck. Nice thing about the Ford Supercrew is that when the seats are folded up, it provides a completely flat interior space which is perfect for loading items. I drove it for a couple of days and was quite impressed. Certainly not a luxury vehicle, but a damn good truck. Knowing that I spoke with my dollars in supporting Ford and not GM or Dodge made the purchase that much more satisfying.
Attached Thumbnails Ford FTW!-f150.jpg  
Old 12-14-10, 06:54 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Dude, if it doesn't have an eight foot bed, its not a real truck
Old 12-14-10, 07:49 PM
LexFather

Excellent thread and congrats on the new truck. I also am very happy to see Ford's success and turnaround. My dream Ford would be the new Cobra!

The F-150 is arguably best in class. It sure sells like it!

Old 12-14-10, 08:14 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great truck! Nice combo.

Originally Posted by Och
Dude, if it doesn't have an eight foot bed, its not a real truck
Nothing wrong with the 6' particularly with the crew cab setup. The crew cab with 8' bed is too big for many and it all depends on your needs. A spacious cab is more important to some than a full size bed that some may barely use.
Old 12-14-10, 08:20 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
Great truck! Nice combo.

Nothing wrong with the 6' particularly with the crew cab setup. The crew cab with 8' bed is too big for many and it all depends on your needs. A spacious cab is more important to some than a full size bed that some may barely use.
Are you going to start defending Ridgelines pathetic 4' bed also?
Old 12-14-10, 08:45 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great workhorse of a truck. i would get one if i ever worked a job where i needed to haul stuff.
Old 12-14-10, 08:58 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Excellent choice sir!!
Old 12-14-10, 08:58 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
Are you going to start defending Ridgelines pathetic 4' bed also?
Definitely not!
Old 12-14-10, 10:14 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

C. Nice real truck! I'm on my IPod now, later I will post a pic of my 07 Explorer. Go Ford.
Old 12-15-10, 05:44 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

nice call on the ford! I keep eyeing the f250-350 with the 4 cup holders
Old 12-15-10, 05:58 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Do you buy a new car everyday? haha

congrats rock. I want me a truck too.
Old 12-15-10, 06:18 AM
dozorca
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=CDNROCKIES;5996223]
When it came time to purchase a new truck, American made was the route I needed (more because of price point). I just couldn't find the stomach to put any money into GM or Dodge. Ford was the only company that kept their fingers out of the cookie jar. On top of that they are producing good looking, competitive vehicles. Really made the decision easy for myself....that and some great end of year incentives.

[QUOTE]

Ummm... guess again about Ford not taking any tax payer money:

http://jalopnik.com/5704575/ford-bmw...vernment-money

$16 billion smells like bailout to me...

Either way, congrads to on the truck.

2 cents.
Old 12-15-10, 07:04 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
In light of the other thread that was started with the douchebag comment from the CEO of GM, I felt that it was appropriate that I posted a thread regarding an American company that actually deserves support.

I have made it very clear in the past that I thought that GM deserved to and should have been allowed to die. I don't see any government money bailing out my companies when they struggle.

2010 F150 XLT Supercrew 4X4. Doesn't have much for options but it's a work truck. Nice thing about the Ford Supercrew is that when the seats are folded up, it provides a completely flat interior space which is perfect for loading items. I drove it for a couple of days and was quite impressed. Certainly not a luxury vehicle, but a damn good truck. Knowing that I spoke with my dollars in supporting Ford and not GM or Dodge made the purchase that much more satisfying.

I will never buy a GM product again and my kids feel the same way.
Old 12-15-10, 07:15 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=dozorca;5997171][QUOTE=CDNROCKIES;5996223]

Ummm... guess again about Ford not taking any tax payer money:

http://jalopnik.com/5704575/ford-bmw...vernment-money

$16 billion smells like bailout to me...

Either way, congrads to on the truck.

2 cents.
No, that wasn’t a bailout nor free money.

That was capital to address a liquidity issue in the primary credit markets.
Old 12-15-10, 07:17 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES

GREAT post my friend and CONGRATS on the truck!!

All on here know my affinity for the Shelby and as hard as I look at every exotic or import, Ford is putting out great (not good, GREAT) reliable, cutting edge product and the dealer experiences have been exemplary

And yeah, the gov't doesn't give my company (green, alternative energy) any $$ either, so to GM, I'm NOT helping

Quick Reply: Ford FTW!